Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2022, 10:56am   #1
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 30.2%

Thanked 33,838 Times in 12,332 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124
Default This is CBS.

really ?

Quote:
Republicans head into final week with lead in seats, voters feel things are "out of control" — CBS News Battleground Tracker pollp
(I wonder if they forgot the cemetery mail-in votes?)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-re...se-2022-10-30/

The election is already underway; millions have voted, and tens of millions more will before Nov. 8. Amid that, eight in 10 likely voters describe things in the country today as "out of control," as opposed to "under control."

That doesn't bode well for the party in power: Republicans are winning those who say "out of control" right now by more than 20 points, though they're often the ones feeling that way to begin with.

handy graphic:
https://assets-aws.elections.cbsnews...eScenario.html

So where do things stand?

Republicans today remain in good position to win a majority of seats in the House. However, voters' current intentions suggest anything from a sizable GOP majority to a bare Democratic one possible. Our latest model indicates a range of possibilities, which you can explore using the interactive tool below.

In our baseline model, Republicans lead in 228 seats. It represents a slight shift their way from a few weeks ago, with the party recapturing some of the leads that slipped from them in the summer.

That would constitute a 15-seat gain — lower than average for a party challenging a first-term president in recent history. At that level, the majority line is just on the lower edge of the margin of error for our model.

If you're watching on election night, this scenario may not be clear right away, depending on which particular seats flip. (Seven in 10 voters do expect it to take at least a few days — maybe more than a week — to know all the results.)

So what, politically, does the scenario look like in which Democrats manage to hold the House? We ran our estimates through a turnout model in which younger voters turn out in much higher numbers than our baseline model indicates, bailing Democrats out late in the game. This would run counter to what we've seen in recent weeks, both from what young voters tell us in surveys and from early ballot returns, but it isn't impossible.

It's more akin to what happened four years ago, with voters under 45 and people of color voting in droves. Since they are heavily Democratic groups, matching 2018's record setting turnout would stem Republican gains, turning House control into a toss-up around 218 seats. Were this scenario to materialize, it would take days or weeks into November for a handful of close races to settle and reveal the new balance of power.

Then there's a big-Republican-turnout scenario, which builds off the trend that we have been seeing: both parties motivated, but Republicans even more so. Specifically, there's a path to a further uptick driven by an Election-Day turnout surge among White voters without college degrees — a group that showed up for Donald Trump in large numbers.

Specifically, we estimate what would happen if this group constituted 45% of the electorate, while White voters with college degrees and Latino voters made up just under three in 10 and one in 10 voters, respectively. The older, Whiter electorate that results would flip even more Democratic seats, pushing the GOP total to about 238. This scenario, if it emerges, would likely be visible earlier on election night.

With the economy and country's direction so widely seen as bad, recent history would suggest a large midterm loss for the governing party. But then these aren't typical times for the nation. And when it comes to what's at stake this year, there are dramatic differences between parties.

We asked simply what concerns you more: whether the U.S. will have a strong economy, or have a functioning democracy.

The nation is closely split. That doesn't mean people don't want both. But those more concerned about democracy are backing Democrats, and Republicans draw most of those more concerned about a strong economy, echoing the messages of the parties' campaigns.

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 1:06pm   #2
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 11.5%

Thanked 6,069 Times in 2,553 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

It is crazy that we have millions of people voting democrat after all the negativity we have endured for the last 22 months. I laugh at anything on TV saying numbers. Here in CA, fuel is almost $7/gal, groceries are 40% higher, and all utilities have increased in price.

Biden is telling people (morons that believe him), "we are raising social security." Hell, even with a raise, it will not balance the personal budgets.
PLRX is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2022, 1:18pm   #3
sublime1996525
A Real Barner
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 6,657 Times in 2,981 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1008643

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
It is crazy that we have millions of people voting democrat after all the negativity we have endured for the last 22 months. I laugh at anything on TV saying numbers. Here in CA, fuel is almost $7/gal, groceries are 40% higher, and all utilities have increased in price.

Biden is telling people (morons that believe him), "we are raising social security." Hell, even with a raise, it will not balance the personal budgets.
Biden also announced gas prices are lower now than when he took office. The lies he's telling are going totally unchecked.
sublime1996525 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sublime1996525 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2022, 6:16am   #4
Jughead
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.0%

Location: 1.Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $530

He's going to tax oil companies more. Guess who pays those taxes Joey.
Jughead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jughead For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2022, 7:10am   #5
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
It is crazy that we have millions of people voting democrat after all the negativity we have endured for the last 22 months.
It's really not that crazy at all. Here in Texas, we have Beto O'Rourke running for Governor. The guy is a total fraud. Typical radical left rich kid who thought he'd get into politics to give him something to do. Mercifully, he's far behind in the polls and really hasn't got a shot.

Fox News was on the campus of Texas State University asking students why they were voting for Beto. NOT ONE OF THEM could offer a concrete answer. Their responses ranged from "I don't know" to "Ummmm....let's see..." to "I think he's cool." Then the best answer of all: "I really don't know, I just like to smoke weed." We have a completely ignorant electorate. They often don't know why they're voting for someone, cannot elaborate on their platforms, and often can't string a sentence together (kind of like Fetterman).

Hopefully the predictions are right and many of these people will be swept out of office in a few days.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2022, 7:59am   #6
Vette40th
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.1%

Thanked 1,554 Times in 811 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3694

Both parties have never done anything when in power. The balance isnt there when you have two private clubs that people think are the government.. They are not, and both work together to create mayhem, then a magical fix..
Trump, Reagan took the bull by the horns.. They evoked change..
Vette40th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vette40th For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2022, 8:36am   #7
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,544 Times in 5,694 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

I'm afraid I still have to stick with my honest prediction, that the DoMoCraps will RIGGGGGG this 'election'.......just like 2 years ago.....

and after THAT happens, it's time for taking care of business.....
mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2022, 9:21am   #8
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 30.2%

Thanked 33,838 Times in 12,332 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
I'm afraid I still have to stick with my honest prediction, that the DoMoCraps will RIGGGGGG this 'election'.......just like 2 years ago.....
and just like 2 years ago, CNN will claim after the next election: "we looked into voter fraud and didn't find any evidence of it"

Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic