Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass?
If most Americans wouldn't benefit, then why would it cost so much money to continue a popular policy that's been in effect for many years now?

My parents are among the ones that could benefit (if their old vacation cottage sells), even at their current sub-$30k/yr income level.

I guess they are among the rich ballahs you so greatly envy?
FWIW, they used to be die-hard Democrats. That's no longer the case.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 8:42pm   #22
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKMCD View Post
So we're back to the he's not Bush argument...We get it.
Only libs think that the current spending and 9.5% unemployment is Bush's fault.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 9:00pm   #23
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
So we're back to the he's not Bush argument...We get it.
a wise man once said "to know where you are, you have to remember from where you came."
Old 09-27-2010, 9:09pm   #24
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post
If most Americans wouldn't benefit, then why would it cost so much money to continue a popular policy that's been in effect for many years now?

My parents are among the ones that could benefit (if their old vacation cottage sells), even at their current sub-$30k/yr income level.

I guess they are among the rich ballahs you so greatly envy?
FWIW, they used to be die-hard Democrats. That's no longer the case.

most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that. "envy?" I envy no one. I am perfectly happy with my financial situation. these tax cuts combined with outrageously expensive wars is what has brought us to where we are financially. it didn't work. now it's time to fix it.
Old 09-27-2010, 9:47pm   #25
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Quote:
most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that. "envy?" I envy no one. I am perfectly happy with my financial situation. these tax cuts combined with outrageously expensive wars is what has brought us to where we are financially. it didn't work. now it's time to fix it.
Obama' 1st year deficit was more than we spent on the wars, last time I looks at where American Soliders are stationed, like Korea, Germany and others are the results of stopping the communist and the Nazi. Not saying wars are good, but spreading democracy in my lifetime has been mostly through conflict, pull our troops out of the mid east and another 9-11 is on our door step.

The federal govt is to big and spending what we do not have is the biggest problem. I want smaller govt, less spending and leave our taxes alone.
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 9:59pm   #26
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14

Quote:
most Americans *will* benefit. you don't understand that.
Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

Too bad you already used that fact to show you are against it.

Old 09-28-2010, 5:42am   #27
WKMCD
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852

Quote:
*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass?
I'm in line to pay over $100k in Federal taxes on earned income this year without rescinding the tax cuts. The good news is - I can. The bad news is a lot of that money is going to be spent to support people who's day includes watching Judge Judy and trying to figure out the next government entitlement to scam.

We've created social and economic cripples but handing out money and demanding nothing in return. Workfare not Welfare. The TVA had the right idea years ago. Pay one person to dig a hole and another to fill it up. If you don't like it - go get a job.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we "take care" of the able bodied - and that includes all the SSI cheaters.

I have no problem supporting a safety net for people in trouble but we've created a way of life for too many.

Raising the capitol gains tax will create a blood bath in the market. People aren't talking about that. I've been holding some stocks for 25 years to be the foundation of my retirement. Looks like I'll be cashing those out before the end of the year and paying taxes at a higher rate than I had planned on in a few years.

I've taken the chances over the years in both my career and investments. I've lost a bunch and made a bunch. I've stumbled professionally and worked in some amazingly bad situations but I always figured a way to come out positive. I paid for my own education even though my parents were certainly capable. The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.

WTF has happened to this country?

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS
BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT

Problem solved!
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WKMCD For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2010, 7:04am   #28
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Obama' 1st year deficit was more than we spent on the wars, last time I looks at where American Soliders are stationed, like Korea, Germany and others are the results of stopping the communist and the Nazi. Not saying wars are good, but spreading democracy in my lifetime has been mostly through conflict, pull our troops out of the mid east and another 9-11 is on our door step.

The federal govt is to big and spending what we do not have is the biggest problem. I want smaller govt, less spending and leave our taxes alone.
Translation: I want government to stop spending on everything but the Military Industrial Complex.
Old 09-28-2010, 7:15am   #29
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
I'm in line to pay over $100k in Federal taxes on earned income this year without rescinding the tax cuts. The good news is - I can. The bad news is a lot of that money is going to be spent to support people who's day includes watching Judge Judy and trying to figure out the next government entitlement to scam.

We've created social and economic cripples but handing out money and demanding nothing in return. Workfare not Welfare. The TVA had the right idea years ago. Pay one person to dig a hole and another to fill it up. If you don't like it - go get a job.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we "take care" of the able bodied - and that includes all the SSI cheaters.

I have no problem supporting a safety net for people in trouble but we've created a way of life for too many.

Raising the capitol gains tax will create a blood bath in the market. People aren't talking about that. I've been holding some stocks for 25 years to be the foundation of my retirement. Looks like I'll be cashing those out before the end of the year and paying taxes at a higher rate than I had planned on in a few years.

I've taken the chances over the years in both my career and investments. I've lost a bunch and made a bunch. I've stumbled professionally and worked in some amazingly bad situations but I always figured a way to come out positive. I paid for my own education even though my parents were certainly capable. The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.

WTF has happened to this country?

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS
BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT

Problem solved!
I agree about the "entitled" people. it's a biiiig problem. so is trying to fix a dangerously ailing economy while cutting taxes. I think an "FDR" type program like the WPA is what we need. I think drug screening & mandatory work ethics should be used. you don't show up, or you show up high=you're fired. I think welfare recipients should be drug screened. I have to pee in a bottle & I pay their checks with my taxes. "the market" isn't our economy & even though it's not where it was in the Clinton years, it's doing better. the wealthy are scared to death of a flat tax. term limits? hell yeah! balanced budget amendment? with the Party of No in there? never happen.
Old 09-28-2010, 8:10am   #30
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
the wealthy are scared to death of a flat tax.
I don't consider myself wealthy but I make a good living. If there were a flat tax based on revenue requirements my taxes would be considerably less and offset by everyone paying a fair share. The current tax system is grossly unfair. A standard percentage of all peoples income is fair.
Old 09-28-2010, 8:10am   #31
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

Quote:
The American way is supposed to reward the track I've taken.
It really boils down to this... this is what makes America.... the freedom to take risk and make something.... but far too many don't believe that anymore. So many people think you had to have lied, cheated, and stole if you created any wealth.

Most people see a Michael Jordan or a Tiger Woods and understand that they make the money they do becuase they can do things nobody else can do. However, when it comes to the CEO of a large corporation everyone thinks "I can do that" or "They don't really work".... they have no clue what it takes or how many hours those people work.
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 5:02pm   #32
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
I don't consider myself wealthy but I make a good living. If there were a flat tax based on revenue requirements my taxes would be considerably less and offset by everyone paying a fair share. The current tax system is grossly unfair. A standard percentage of all peoples income is fair.
I would vote for it. the Wealthy Elite are frightened of it. do you know why? can you guess?
Old 09-28-2010, 5:45pm   #33
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
I would vote for it. the Wealthy Elite are frightened of it. do you know why? can you guess?
The current tax system is bull$hit! It's grossly unfair. Why are people with a few dollars against raising taxes?

Probably because the already pay a disproportionate amount of tax. Might be because they've worked hard all their lives and don't want to pay for the lazy asses to stay home and make babies. It's possible they don't want to pay for people who haven't paid into the system sucking the teet dry. Could be because they f'ing worked hard and f'ing earned every f'ing dollar.

Just a guess.

If we went to a flat tax system the tax rate for the highest tax payes would be reduce considerably. Projections for a revenue neutral flat tax amount is 17%. There are a whole lot of people paying a lot more than than. The AMT should be struck down immediately! I can almost do a short form for all my honest deductions are worth.

Last edited by WKMCD; 09-28-2010 at 6:02pm.
Old 09-28-2010, 8:07pm   #34
Sneaks
Charter Member - C5 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #41

Thanked 1,291 Times in 827 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8192878

I agree with the flat tax. Set an amount, this is what you make, this is what you owe. But hell, that would be way too easy, and make way too much sense then wouldn't it.

Last edited by Sneaks; 09-28-2010 at 8:10pm.
Sneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 8:13pm   #35
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

I'm all for anything logical and a flat tax is just that. It doesn't make any sense to have a progressive tax system. I laugh when people say, "Well you make more so you should pay more!" Did these peopel skip the chapter on percentages, ratios, and proportions in school?

What do you Obamalovers think about his latest attack on Fox news in RollingStone? What kind of President stoops so low as to attack a news channel? You can hate on GWB all you want, but he never once complained about his horrible treatment in the media. Now you have a news station that reports facts and doesn't tow the line for the progressive agenda dn they're detrimental to the country?!? What ever happened to the first ammendment? What about how CNN and MSNBC are horribly left?

Newsflash you can have a conservative tone/leaning but report fair and honest news. The only one who's a bit of a spinner on Fox is Hannity and even when he does it he does it with more of a sarcastic "wink wink" tone about it.
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 8:31pm   #36
Garb55
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7813

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/p...html#post46596
Garb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:06pm   #37
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
I'm all for anything logical and a flat tax is just that. It doesn't make any sense to have a progressive tax system. I laugh when people say, "Well you make more so you should pay more!" Did these peopel skip the chapter on percentages, ratios, and proportions in school?

What do you Obamalovers think about his latest attack on Fox news in RollingStone? What kind of President stoops so low as to attack a news channel? You can hate on GWB all you want, but he never once complained about his horrible treatment in the media. Now you have a news station that reports facts and doesn't tow the line for the progressive agenda dn they're detrimental to the country?!? What ever happened to the first ammendment? What about how CNN and MSNBC are horribly left?

Newsflash you can have a conservative tone/leaning but report fair and honest news. The only one who's a bit of a spinner on Fox is Hannity and even when he does it he does it with more of a sarcastic "wink wink" tone about it.
the Wealthy Elite don't want a flat tax. think about it. no more hiding & dodging via overseas accounts & tax breaks. do you think the term "tax shelter" was invented by middle class Americans? Obama is right for "going after" Fox. they are nothing but an extension of the Party of No. they corrupt the minds of the low information voters with lies & misinformation.
Old 09-29-2010, 2:52pm   #38
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
the Wealthy Elite don't want a flat tax. think about it. no more hiding & dodging via overseas accounts & tax breaks. do you think the term "tax shelter" was invented by middle class Americans? Obama is right for "going after" Fox. they are nothing but an extension of the Party of No. they corrupt the minds of the low information voters with lies & misinformation.
Keep drinking the KoolAid.

Eveything you said is total BS. The AMT catches a huge number of people = including those with some success that you obviously envy. I did a little excersize a couple of years ago. I wanted to see how my taxes would change if I gave 1 million to charity, paid 1 million in mortgage interest, etc, etc, etc. Guess what, I changed my taxes not one dime. Once you hit the AMT is doesn't make any difference how many "tax breaks" you have.

Stop hating the wealthy 99.9% got that way by busting their ass. Name me one poor person who has ever given anybody a job.

Last edited by WKMCD; 09-29-2010 at 5:47pm.
Old 09-29-2010, 5:27pm   #39
McLeod
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $864

Well said my friend.
McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 5:35pm   #40
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14

I'm not quite understanding how tax evasion and income tax rate have merged into one topic?

If people can successfully avoid 35% taxation by holding income offshore, how would avoiding the 17% tax rate trouble them?

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion