Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 7:22pm   #1
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902
Default I still like Obama

I voted for him specifically because I want to see this country socialize healthcare. I think he did as much as he could and I for the most part am happy with the bill. Its the first step in government taking over the system and that day can't come soon enough.

The economy was already in the toilet when he took office so that mess is W's fault. The bail out probably kept the country from a full scale depression.

I have said since before the Iraq invasion that the war was pointless and a waste of time, money and American lives. I am please that we are now pulling out. I have also supported the Afghan war and am happy to see that being beefed up with more troops.

About the only ***** I have with the guy is I wish he would end "Don't ask, don't tell". Truman integrated the military by executive order, Obama could - and should - do the same.

I voted for him and am still happy I did.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 8:43pm   #2
WKMCD
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852

I sincerely hope he passes a bill to give everyone in the country - legally or illegally - brand new ZR1's. Forget that the country can't afford it. My granddaughter will be happy to pay for it.

I hope you are aware that in the history of this country exactly ONE goevernment project has come in on time and without huge costs overruns - the Hoover Dam. EVERYTHING else cost much more than the governemt originally projected. I have no doubt the unaffordable healthcare plan will follow the same trend.

BHO's promise of transparent governance is a joke. His healthcare plan was passed in the back rooms and on private plane trips - with a lot of arm twisting.

Who says that people who haven't spent the time and money I have getting educated, taken the risks that I have and worked everyday since I was 16 should live in the same kind of house I do, drive the same cars I do or get the same healthcare treatment I do.

FLAT TAX
TERM LIMITS
BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT

Problem solved.

Rant off.

Last edited by WKMCD; 09-22-2010 at 8:47pm.
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WKMCD For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:40am   #3
lutzdog
Charter Member
Barn Raising II

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $595211

Amen I agree. But the best part of the shewt that was forced down my young throat is now buried in page 3290849875098675 of the bill I am now going to have to claim what my job pays for thier part of providing me health care. Not only is my health care now 9700 a year I now have to claim it as freaking income. How is that fair.
lutzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 7:26am   #4
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 2,421 Times in 935 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

I voted against him, cancelled out your vote, and am still happy I did.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broken Wind For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 10:41am   #5
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

We're facing an overpopulation problem on this planet... I think ****ty healthcare can help to weed out some of the non-producers.
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobra4B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 4:53pm   #6
Vet4jdc
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #78

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1004569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
I voted against him, cancelled out your vote, and am still happy I did.
Vet4jdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 5:27pm   #7
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
We're facing an overpopulation problem on this planet... I think ****ty healthcare can help to weed out some of the non-producers.
Unfortunately, while most people believe in evolution we are now trying to defy and manipulate it. The are whole countries now facing starvation and desease because the land won't support the population. As horrible as it sounds, propping them up temporarily is just that - temporary.
Old 09-24-2010, 3:24pm   #8
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
I voted for him specifically because I want to see this country socialize healthcare. I think he did as much as he could and I for the most part am happy with the bill. Its the first step in government taking over the system and that day can't come soon enough.

The economy was already in the toilet when he took office so that mess is W's fault. The bail out probably kept the country from a full scale depression.

I have said since before the Iraq invasion that the war was pointless and a waste of time, money and American lives. I am please that we are now pulling out. I have also supported the Afghan war and am happy to see that being beefed up with more troops.

About the only ***** I have with the guy is I wish he would end "Don't ask, don't tell". Truman integrated the military by executive order, Obama could - and should - do the same.

I voted for him and am still happy I did.
it's just deplorable that it took supposedly the most modern nation on the planet decades to catch up with the rest of the civilized world when it comes to health care. GM's bailout was a huge success & everyone knows it saved our last manufacturing base & economy from ruin. I have no regrets about voting for him either.
Old 09-25-2010, 9:56am   #9
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

No problem until you become a senior, oh there benefits are being cut 50 billion a year so us young ones can have socialized healthcare. This is going to mean down the road a few years when you get sick you might as well die as you no longer are productive to the Federal Govt, sad state we are facing. At the moment in 22 states they have refused to sell children only policies, why our great congress and the POTUS passed and signed a bill without telling the insurance companies what to put in it for benefits, this is really good, 2600 pages and no guidance. It is a sad day when we socialize our country, I served to have freedom of choice not being told I had to be forced to purchase a product or be fined, not freedom.

Oh bailing out GM and Chrysler, us tax payers will not be paid back anytime soon, we saved a few jobs and lost several million GM, Chrysler and supplier jobs with those billions spent. The war in IRAQ we have not spent what the failed 860+ billion in stimilus we added to our deficit in one swell year. Look at those 2 million dollar each jobs saved or created in Los Angeles, really effective spending. The current congress and POTUS are leading us straigt to being owned by China and other countires. I think the Rep are not going far enough in there projected spending roll back. We should roll back to 2000 spending levels and everyone will have to take a hit. The current spending levels are showing we are running out of taxpayers money and even if Bush's tax cuts expire we are still in trouble with the current regimes spending habits, they make the last 2 years of Bush's run when demos controlled congress look like penny pinchers.

What is going on now in America is now owned by Obama, two years of spending uncontrolled has not helped ( 9.6% unemployment and will not go above 8%), we should of let the banks, GM and all of those mortgages fail, it would have hurt more then, but we would be better off now not having the Govt running private business, socilaism has failed everywhere else, will be no different in America, my 2 cents as a freedom loving citizen
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter Pan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 8:02pm   #10
zz4vetteguy
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool View Post
If someone is man or woman enough to stand up, fight, and possibly even die for for their country, does it really matter what their sex, race, religion, orientation, or anything else is? If I was in better shape I would still enlist at my age, but since I am not, I have no problem supporting ANYONE who is willing to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKMCD View Post
Unfortunately, while most people believe in evolution we are now trying to defy and manipulate it. The are whole countries now facing starvation and desease because the land won't support the population. As horrible as it sounds, propping them up temporarily is just that - temporary.
First off, 70% of my music time is donated for charity events and raising money for this cause or that cause, so I am not opposed to helping others, but we have our own problems right here, lets stop sending help everywhere else and take care of ourselves, cause they sure as hell are not going to help us.

I voted for Obama since he was in my opinion the lesser of the two evils of two canidates I really did not care for. Sometimes I stand by my vote, sometimes I regret it.

Virginia RatPack - Trouble Maker
Street Dreams Corvette Club
zz4vetteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 8:07pm   #11
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
No problem until you become a senior, oh there benefits are being cut 50 billion a year so us young ones can have socialized healthcare. This is going to mean down the road a few years when you get sick you might as well die as you no longer are productive to the Federal Govt, sad state we are facing. At the moment in 22 states they have refused to sell children only policies, why our great congress and the POTUS passed and signed a bill without telling the insurance companies what to put in it for benefits, this is really good, 2600 pages and no guidance. It is a sad day when we socialize our country, I served to have freedom of choice not being told I had to be forced to purchase a product or be fined, not freedom.

Oh bailing out GM and Chrysler, us tax payers will not be paid back anytime soon, we saved a few jobs and lost several million GM, Chrysler and supplier jobs with those billions spent. The war in IRAQ we have not spent what the failed 860+ billion in stimilus we added to our deficit in one swell year. Look at those 2 million dollar each jobs saved or created in Los Angeles, really effective spending. The current congress and POTUS are leading us straigt to being owned by China and other countires. I think the Rep are not going far enough in there projected spending roll back. We should roll back to 2000 spending levels and everyone will have to take a hit. The current spending levels are showing we are running out of taxpayers money and even if Bush's tax cuts expire we are still in trouble with the current regimes spending habits, they make the last 2 years of Bush's run when demos controlled congress look like penny pinchers.

What is going on now in America is now owned by Obama, two years of spending uncontrolled has not helped ( 9.6% unemployment and will not go above 8%), we should of let the banks, GM and all of those mortgages fail, it would have hurt more then, but we would be better off now not having the Govt running private business, socilaism has failed everywhere else, will be no different in America, my 2 cents as a freedom loving citizen
now, that's just coo coo. do you have any idea how many people would have hit the streets if GM was allowed to fail? the estimates are 3,000,000 plus. do you honestly think we could have twenty million people unemployed & still maintain our economy? don't you know these people are the economy? the Wall Street bailout started with Bush, coo coo man. have you forgotten already?

Last edited by Z06PDQ; 09-25-2010 at 8:09pm.
Z06PDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 8:48pm   #12
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Angry tell me again who wants to "stick it to the elderly"

GOP fiscal plan would raise debt $4 trillion: report | Raw Story
Old 09-27-2010, 2:27pm   #13
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
now, that's just coo coo. do you have any idea how many people would have hit the streets if GM was allowed to fail? the estimates are 3,000,000 plus. do you honestly think we could have twenty million people unemployed & still maintain our economy? don't you know these people are the economy? the Wall Street bailout started with Bush, coo coo man. have you forgotten already? YouTube - Alan Grayson on the GOP Health Care Plan: "Don't Get Sick! And if You Do Get Sick, Die Quickly!"'
It was ok to save the few GM workers highly paid union ones and the suppliers that had to close there doors to support this. Detroit in the car factory area is mostly a ghost town, all those those closed factories, David Bing the Mayor tearing down the areas that are abandoned, seems everyday now I see another 1 or 2 Michigan plates in San Antonio alone, our wasted tax $$ that we will not be paid back so the Govt can control another industry. You Dems fail to remember that the Dems already controlled congress in 2008 with the start of the Bailouts, it is not all on Bush, but Dems do not get it
Old 09-27-2010, 2:31pm   #14
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

I do not want my taxes raised, stop spending my money and giving it to those how do not want to work or want things for nothing, we are becoming a country were 53% pay federal taxes as to many are on the roles, raising taxes will only allow more handouts, but dems like that, more voters that way
Old 09-27-2010, 3:48pm   #15
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
I do not want my taxes raised, stop spending my money and giving it to those how do not want to work or want things for nothing, we are becoming a country were 53% pay federal taxes as to many are on the roles, raising taxes will only allow more handouts, but dems like that, more voters that way
Note to self:

Only people who have the privilege of paying taxes have the privilege of voting.
Old 09-27-2010, 4:37pm   #16
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Note to self:

Only people who have the privilege of paying taxes have the privilege of voting.
Terrific idea.

Or at least go back to the old-school way of just requiring someone be alive to be voter-eligible.

But hey, the gov has proven to screw that basic verification process up, why not entrust them with our personal health care, and manage our personal 401k accounts too!

Everything works better when the Gov't controls it, didn't you know?
Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 6:29pm   #17
WKMCD
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post
Terrific idea.

Or at least go back to the old-school way of just requiring someone be alive to be voter-eligible.
That's hasn't been a qualification in Chicago politics for decades.

Where'd that BHO fella come from again?
Old 09-27-2010, 7:11pm   #18
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
That's hasn't been a qualification in Chicago politics for decades.

Where'd that BHO fella come from again?
did the Bush's come from there, too? I'm thinking about the rigged voting. remember?
Old 09-27-2010, 7:13pm   #19
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
It was ok to save the few GM workers highly paid union ones and the suppliers that had to close there doors to support this. Detroit in the car factory area is mostly a ghost town, all those those closed factories, David Bing the Mayor tearing down the areas that are abandoned, seems everyday now I see another 1 or 2 Michigan plates in San Antonio alone, our wasted tax $$ that we will not be paid back so the Govt can control another industry. You Dems fail to remember that the Dems already controlled congress in 2008 with the start of the Bailouts, it is not all on Bush, but Dems do not get it
*MY* taxes aren't being raised. neither is the overwhelming majority of Americans. why should we give you a free pass?
Old 09-27-2010, 7:25pm   #20
WKMCD
Charter Member

So we're back to the he's not Bush argument...We get it.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion