Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2010, 10:20am   #21
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
We have one of the higest corporate tax rates of any developed nation... where are these "record low taxes" as you put it?

A businesses job isn't to support the country... they're not a charity. Their job is to make money for the stakeholders... period. Everything else is a side benefit. If there's no money to be made the stakeholder pulls their capital and invests it elsewhere.

Businesses must outsource to compete in this new global economy. Everyone wants to go buy "it" cheap at Walmart and Wally-world typically buys form the LCP... so if you're not the LCP you don't get your stuff bought by Wally-world and you're pretty much out of business... at least in retail/consumer goods. So what do you do? You outsource where you can to lower costs.

Fact of the matter is we live in a global economy now and the rest of the world will slowly drag us down to some type of parity.

As for UI etc. etc... I know a few people who aren't working and are just collecting UI... it's pathetic. Cut that off and I guaranty they'd go find some type of job.

Regardless... if they're going to extend them further why not do it with pre-approved TARP funds? Why spend more money we don't have?

At the end of the day the issue is deeper and bigger.... we have a society that expects to be taken care of by the government. They are not self-reliant and get mad when the parent says no or doesn't provide. You've got 50% of the population not paying any taxes and using all the social programs.... so in effect they've got no skin i the game... they have no reason to be self-reliant.
you have bought the lie. corporations pay about 16% tax. actually, a lot of them pay none at all. Perot's "giant sucking sound" has come to bite us squarely in the ass & it was all done for two things: PROFIT & GREED well, it's time to make amends for ****ing things up & it will be in the form of taxation. your line about "a society that expects government to take care of them" is a falsehood. the majority of Americans are hard working, ambitious people. the shock jocks have fed you this crap. you don't have to believe it.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:29am   #22
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06PDQ View Post
The majority of Americans are hard working, ambitious people. the shock jocks have fed you this crap. you don't have to believe it.
Horse ****.... I don't listen to Rush or Beck or any of them. Very few people are hard working let alone intelligent.

How about .gov stop spending $$$$ on everything... let state/local governments take care of most of the things they need to and implement a flat tax setup.

The top 10% of earners pay all the taxes.... low/middle income folks pay nothing into the system.

My effective tax rate is very low after I deduct my mortgage interest and property taxes etc. etc., but I don't take any public assistance of any kind and never have for anything. I've lost 2 jobs and never once touched UI as I was able to get off my ass and find employement in less than 2 months each time. Plus I had my own reserves in place to last a year w/o a job.

Remove some of the loopholes for the ultra-rich so they pay a fair effective tax rate, and remove some of th deductions for the power and lower middle class so they pay into the system as well.

Then... most importantly... say NO to some stuff... stop the damn spending.
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra4B For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55am   #23
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
Horse ****.... I don't listen to Rush or Beck or any of them. Very few people are hard working let alone intelligent.

How about .gov stop spending $$$$ on everything... let state/local governments take care of most of the things they need to and implement a flat tax setup.

The top 10% of earners pay all the taxes.... low/middle income folks pay nothing into the system.

My effective tax rate is very low after I deduct my mortgage interest and property taxes etc. etc., but I don't take any public assistance of any kind and never have for anything. I've lost 2 jobs and never once touched UI as I was able to get off my ass and find employement in less than 2 months each time. Plus I had my own reserves in place to last a year w/o a job.

Remove some of the loopholes for the ultra-rich so they pay a fair effective tax rate, and remove some of th deductions for the power and lower middle class so they pay into the system as well.

Then... most importantly... say NO to some stuff... stop the damn spending.
good for you. the truth is, most people don't make enough money to save & live paycheck to paycheck while working more than one job. nearly everyone *I* know works hard at their job to try to make ends meet. your painting with such a broad brush shows that you think everyone is lazy & that is typical Right Wing propaganda. maybe you don't listen to the shock jocks, but you're getting that crap from a biased source somewhere.I grew up in the 1950's when taxes on the wealthy were heavy. it was a great time & our nation grew & prospered like never before. your "flat tax" is a foolish dream. it will never come to pass because the rich are terrified of it. I agree with the spending, but cutting back on UI isn't where to start. Wages in America: The Rich Get Richer
Old 07-27-2010, 1:25pm   #24
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

I don't think everyone is lazy at their core... but given the option to be they are most of the time. I do think the majority of peope are stupid and don't care about education.

People need to stop crying for the government to fix everything.... do it on your own. I just know how my family is and how I am. I've been fortunate in life, but when **** gets bad we know how to buckle down and do what needs to be done.

I think if more people were self-reliant and if more people just focused in school and got a good education and lived below their means for a few years many of our problems would be solved. However, too many people want to short circuit the system and have it all right away.
2001 Quicksilver Z06 - NASA PTA/TTA/ST2 #4
www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com
April 7th, 2012 7:30am-9:30am @ La Promenade
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra4B For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 1:36pm   #25
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

education is a whole 'nuther thread. I don't think our government is doing enough to insure that people that really want to get an education are able to do so. I tried working & going to college & I couldn't hack it. not everyone can. we fall way behind most of the rest of the world in this regard.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion