Default Why liberals should love the second amendment

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
theanswriz42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 2:24pm   #2
Tossin
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3613

I'm fairly moderate with some liberal leaning thoughts. Personally, I don't see myself buying guns to keep in the house in the near future (and contrary to the belief of CFOT and PR&C, I don't live in fear of my neighbors or anyone else) and I don't understand why some would need an AK-47 assult rifle or other military-type weapons. That being said, even though I don't understand why someone would want to stockpile those weapons, it's within their rights and I'm fine with that - I don't see a need to abridge those rights. My wife is more liberal than I am and she agrees with me as well.
Tossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 5:37pm   #3
1TZSLO
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossin View Post
I'm fairly moderate with some liberal leaning thoughts. Personally, I don't see myself buying guns to keep in the house in the near future (and contrary to the belief of CFOT and PR&C, I don't live in fear of my neighbors or anyone else) and I don't understand why some would need an AK-47 assult rifle or other military-type weapons. That being said, even though I don't understand why someone would want to stockpile those weapons, it's within their rights and I'm fine with that - I don't see a need to abridge those rights. My wife is more liberal than I am and she agrees with me as well.

You don't have to understand what other people do, because it is none of your business. The majority of people who own guns don't have them because of fear.

I own a few guns. No hand guns, mainly hunting rifles and shotguns, bows and muzzle loaders. But it's my right to do so without having someone question why I have them.
Old 07-08-2010, 9:06pm   #4
Tossin
Vette Barn Crew

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3613

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TZSLO View Post
You don't have to understand what other people do, because it is none of your business. The majority of people who own guns don't have them because of fear.

I own a few guns. No hand guns, mainly hunting rifles and shotguns, bows and muzzle loaders. But it's my right to do so without having someone question why I have them.
I'm sorry if my point didn't come across clearly - I don't really care why anyone owns a gun (I have more important things to worry about in my life than why someone chooses to do something - as long as it's legal, I don't care), nor do I think they own them because of fear (even though many tend to lump those who don't own guns as living in fear - not saying that you do, it's just something I've seen)

Tossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 9:42pm   #5
Z06PDQ
A Real Barner

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $16626

I don't buy that the government wants our guns. sure, there are some politicians that would like to [Chicago], but it'll never happen nationally. I used to belong to the NRA, but when they crossed over into La La Land, I bailed.
Old 07-09-2010, 6:46am   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

The physical makeup of “The People” has changed progressively throughout the centuries, a natural fact that “some people” are having difficulty digesting; this is just something to remember, when quoting “We the People” in the future. Real patriots don’t need to fall back on their last resort when things don’t go their way or when they become scared. Anyone needing to “cling to their guns” to get attention, is only getting the wrong type of attention. Like I’ve said before, every four years there’s a Presidential Election, and every four years there’s a winner and a loser. People need to grow up, get over it, regroup and stop whining and acting like children. The world is not going to end, it’s just the world is changing and you have no control over change. It happens with or without you, so deal with it like an adult.

Just my opinion
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion