Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2017, 8:05pm   #21
Scissors
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $366874

I had a roommate in the service who admitted to having tried crack once. He said the high was so amazing that he knew he could never do it again, because otherwise he'd be hooked.
Scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scissors For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 8:21pm   #22
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 14,832 Times in 6,552 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

Back in 1973 when I was still in HS, a friend and I were going to a bball game at our school. On the way there he suggested we get high and produced a joint that we smoked. Turned out that
Weed had been enhanced with heroin. It was the most fantastic high I ever had and my recreational pharmaceutical adventures were pretty diverse at that time. I knew after the fact that there was NFW I could ever touch that stuff in any way shape or form again
There are times I look back at my misspent youth it's a miracle I survived
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:37pm   #23
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 9,004 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
Very strange. Most heroin addicts just sit around and veg out. I've never seen someone who's active like in the gym all the time and looks to be in good shape, get hooked. Weird.
Not true. As long as they get heroin they function pretty normally. Ray Charles is an example. He did some of his best work during the time he was hooked. The problem comes when people overdose. Or can't get the drug or end up with some contaminated crap.

People addicted to heroin live just as long as anyone else as long as they get the drug. I'm sure some of them veg out but most are highly functional.

I've never tried it myself. Although I made the mistake of wearing short sleeves at a show a few weeks ago and had some awkward questions about my needle tracks (my arms look like a war zone full of bruises. People sure got some balls.

They feigned concern but I think they were just being nosey. I told them I shoot up mostly draino.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 4:59am   #24
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Wait a minute. Is this the same place who's sympathy meter didn't move off zero when Whitney Houston tipped over drugs?
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2017, 7:38am   #25
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Activity: 47.1%

Thanked 10,978 Times in 5,121 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997

I told my kids that if I am ever told by the doctors that I am terminal and have only a week or two left to live....100% sure of it....I'll try it.....if the high is that fantastic...why not go out with it.

I am also looked at because of track marks (see avatar) but every two weeks of donating platelets to help people does leave a mark.

It's a shame he went like that....prayers for the family ..
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 1:05pm   #26
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,851 Times in 11,760 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

I was honestly hoping his arrest would have woke him up and he would have taken the help he was forced to seek for treatment seriously.
I'm sure everyone knows about my issues with the demon alcyhol (I make no secret of it), but can't imagine what it's like being addicted to the hard stuff. I still drink, but on rare occasions and only with friends. Obviously doing heroine or wot not in that situation still isn't a good idea. Nubs was hilarious, though. I'll miss his posts, but he did make his own choices. Sad to hear about it, though.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 1:11pm   #27
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,851 Times in 11,760 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post

Back in the mid 80's, my room mate got into heroin. In just a few months went from "fine folk" to worthless druggie thief. He described the high as something you would do anything for. He managed to kick the habit and get his life back together ( other than paying me back the $2500 of stuff he stole ).

Part of the problem is doctors prescribing strong drugs for everything. What ever happened to toughing things out? Trying to alter life with a pill or opioid carries a big responsibility and many folks can not or will not curtail it's use. They let it run their lives.

I was prescribed Oxycodone when I had my knee rebuilt and for both my shoulder surgeries. I knew if was a temporary pain management option every single time. I had pills left after each time. ( disposed of when out of date )

What ever happened to personal responsibility for one's own actions?
Exactly. It's too easy to prescribe a pain pill and the opiates are addictive. I'm glad that I found out I'm allergic to them because I have to double dose to even feel the effects. Tramadol, on the other hand, is weaker, but much smaller doses work for me. It's odd. Docs look at me funny when I tell them I will not take the opiates. They look as though I'm trying to scam them and fake an injury because it's not often they see anyone turn down opiates from what I've been told by a few and some family friends who are docs & surgeons.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2017, 1:55pm   #28
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 11,553 Times in 5,695 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Exactly. It's too easy to prescribe a pain pill and the opiates are addictive. I'm glad that I found out I'm allergic to them because I have to double dose to even feel the effects. Tramadol, on the other hand, is weaker, but much smaller doses work for me. It's odd. Docs look at me funny when I tell them I will not take the opiates. They look as though I'm trying to scam them and fake an injury because it's not often they see anyone turn down opiates from what I've been told by a few and some family friends who are docs & surgeons.
My Doc prescribed oxyconton for my back pains....but the scrip is expensive....that and the warnings all over the place about it, I never filled the script......I stick with ibuprofen and ASSpirin .....hell with it....

IF I recall correctly, it was 55 bux/week for that shit...~200/month....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2017, 2:16pm   #29
C5Longhorn
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $790

If I recall, that is how Nubain got his start. He had an injury and was prescribed strong pain medication. From there he started using heroin.
C5Longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic