Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > National Event Discussion

National Event Discussion Discussion on Corvette related National Events

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2010, 9:10pm   #1
vafirevet
Vette Barn Regular
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $785
Default 2011 Corvette Homecoming

I was looking at attending the National Corvette Homecoming in Bowling Green in 2011. I'd like to seee the corvette museum and take a tour of the corvette factory while I'm there also.

So I wondered if anyone else had attended in prior years and was it worth the drive, time and cost? I'm planning to drive my C5 there and back. My wife will fly in from Norfolk and I'll pick her up in Nashville at the airport. She isn't riding in the vette thru the mountains with me driving the vert...

Anyway, anyone have experiance or advice? Thanks.
vafirevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 9:17am   #2
TR6speed
Charter Member

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1311

The annual gathering at Labor Day weekend is nice if you want to be around that area with a lot of other Corvette owners. There are plenty of different things going on. I was the state co-captain for the 15th Anniversary Caravan, but due to medical issue I was unable to attend. I did however make the trip the following week when the doctor said I was able to travel. I talked to a few of the staff and they said that it was a great event, however by being there when we did the wife and I had the museum to ourselves. Granted there will not be as many at this coming event, but there will be more people than on an off week. You can tour the plant at anytime during the year (as long as they are in production), so it really comes down to do you want to be there for the reunion/homecoming and other events that take place then, or our you simply wanting to go to the museum and plant?. If you have never been to the NCM and plant, it is a must for all Corvette owners.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:09am   #3
vafirevet
Vette Barn Regular

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $785

Thanks. It is the 30th Homecoming and I happen to be on vacation during that week, so it fit in my time window. Plus it is July and hopefully it will be warm.

I thought it might be cool to be in town with all the other vette owners at the same time. Going to the museum and factory is a must. Plus running the Deal's Gap section on the way out there might be an experiance too!
vafirevet is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Corvette Events/Regional Discussion > National Event Discussion