Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 9:20pm   #1
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner
Activity: 3.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5233
Default What Global Warming??????

Now the Army moves in to clear away snow in coldest December for 100 years as fuel runs out at petrol stations in Scotland and East Anglia

Read more: UK big freeze: Army on standby in coldest December for 100 years | Mail Online

Quote:
Overnight lows of -15C in Scotland and -13C in England
Experts say cold snap is 'once in a lifetime'
Slight thaw this weekend but a return to snow predicted for next week

The Army was called in today to help clear away ice and snow as Britain headed towards its coldest December for 100 years.

As temperatures plunged to -15c (5f) David Cameron ordered the military to step in and help the UK's beleaguered local councils.

The Prime Minister also revealed Cobra-style emergency meetings of senior officials and Ministers had been held to discuss the Government’s response to the big freeze.
Edinburgh City Council was the first local authority to ask for help. Officials have held talks with the Ministry of Defence and the Scottish government to allow soldiers to remove built up snow and ice from roads and pavements.
Soldiers on the streets: Troops help to clear away ice and snow in Edinburgh today as Britain headed towards its coldest December for 100 years

The Scottish capital has seen the worst snowfall since 1963, leaving some of its most vulnerable residents unable to leave their homes. Up to 30ins of snow has fallen in parts of the city.
Under the plans, soldiers will be helping residents from the hardest hit areas of Edinburgh, as well as those who need to get access to medical help.

They will also help to clear special locations such as doctors’ surgeries, care homes and hospitals.
The mobilisation of the Army coincides with reports of fuel running out at petrol stations in Scotland and East Anglia.

In Scotland a third of the country's 900 forecourts were closed due to supply chain problems.

After a further 4in of snow fell yesterday the Met Office warned that – despite a brief respite this weekend – temperatures would stay ‘remarkably’ low for another fortnight.

If that happens, this month could replace 1981 as the coldest December since records began in 1910.
To do so, the average mean temperature for the month will have to be lower than 0.2c.
The coldest place in England overnight was Topcliffe in North Yorkshire, which saw a low of -12.8C.
As forecasters warned of more snow, sub-zero temperatures and ice for the Christmas period:

The Prime Minister urged homeowners to embrace the ‘we’re all in it together’ strategy of the Conservatives Big Society by being good neighbours
More than 100 motorists were rescued after being trapped as heavy snow fell on the A171 near Whitby, in North Yorkshire
The AA said it had responded to more than 230,000 incidents in just 14 days.

As soldiers were called in to help clear roads in Scotland, the Prime Minister told the Commons: ‘We stand ready to give any assistance.

'We have ministerial meetings at effectively the Cobra level that are going through what action needs to be taken.

‘There is a bigger strategic supply of grit than there’s been in previous years.

‘The military stand ready to help and whatever needs to be done, I can guarantee you will be done.’

But he urged people to do their bit as well. ‘There’s also something that we can all do to help neighbours and people that could suffer in this cold weather by being good neighbours.’
Philip Hammond, the Transport Secretary, went further and urged homeowners with access to grit and salt to tackle those roads and pavements not treated by councils.

‘People have always dug their way out of their own driveways...and I would encourage people who are able to do that kind of thing to continue doing it for themselves and for neighbours who are perhaps less able to,’ he said.
The weather across Scotland is forecast to warm up throughout today and some of the ice is expected to thaw, as the warmer winds blow in off the Atlantic.
Sub-zero temperatures have meant the snowfall has turned to thick ice, making travel treacherous and disrupting train services.

Some parts of the country have not seen a positive temperature reading for nearly two weeks.
Met Office forecaster John Hammond said: ‘December has got off to a remarkable start. It’s possible it could be the coldest on record.
‘We will have to wait and see but it’s going to stay cold for much of the rest of the month with widespread risk of ice, frost and snow showers.’

He said that the country would enjoy warmer temperatures - as high as 7c (45f) or 8c (46f) - over the weekend before the freeze returns.

‘There is scope for more snow showers to come in, particularly next week,’ he added. ‘Widespread ice and frost will return, particularly from the middle of the week onwards.’
Last winter, more than 25,000 people died in England and Wales as a result of the cold temperatures. Most of them were aged over 75.

Nigel Stafford, from the British Red Cross, said: ‘We all need to look out for each other during the severe weather and make sure those less able than ourselves are not forgotten.’
Old 12-09-2010, 9:42pm   #2
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

Every September-October the anti-algorians come out of hiding and perpetuate the global-warming farce hysteria when it goes down to 10 degrees ... this year they had to wait another 2 months until near-mid December because we're in the midst of an El-Niña winter ... last time this happened was when Clinton was in office ...

El / La Niño & El / La Niña's known as the Southern Oscillation, or ENSO, is a quasi-periodic climate pattern that occurs across the tropical Pacific Ocean on average every five years, but over a period which varies from three to seven years.

The anti-algorians will wake up one morning sometime in March when it's already 99 degrees ... and go back into hiding ...

More accurate than a Doppler Radar reading ...

Old 12-09-2010, 9:48pm   #3
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post
Every September-October the anti-algorians come out of hiding and perpetuate the global-warming farce hysteria when it goes down to 10 degrees ... this year they had to wait another 2 months until near-mid December because we're in the midst of an El-Niña winter ... last time this happened was when Clinton was in office ...

El / La Niño & El / La Niña's known as the Southern Oscillation, or ENSO, is a quasi-periodic climate pattern that occurs across the tropical Pacific Ocean on average every five years, but over a period which varies from three to seven years.

The anti-algorians will go back into hiding sometime in March when they wake up one morning and it's already 99 degrees ...

More accurate than a Doppler Radar reading ...

You agree with me!!! El Nino/La Nina, a natural phenomenon, affects the weather/climate......and NOT Man!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 9:56pm   #4
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell in Texas View Post
You agree with me!!! El Nino/La Nina, a natural phenomenon, affects the weather/climate......and NOT Man!!!
The most important notion about global warming is the sophistication of monitoring ... as the sophistication gets better and better so do the accuracy of predictions and hypothesis ... (global warming has only been monitored beginning 40 years ago ... ) ...

The only time an accurate depiction of *natural phenomenon (effects/affects)* that has been proven has been the Acid Rain event ... where when almost 100% of the industrial emittants were eradicated in and around the Great Lakes region did we see recovery from the destruction ... or man-made ...
Old 12-09-2010, 10:01pm   #5
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
The most important notion about global warming is the sophistication of monitoring ... as the sophistication gets better and better so do the accuracy of predictions and hypothesis ... (global warming has only been monitored beginning 40 years ago ... ) ...

The only time an accurate depiction of *natural phenomonon* that has been proven has been the Acid Rain event ... where when almost 100% of the industrial emittants were eradicated in and around the Great Lakes region did we see recovery from the destruction ... or man-made ...
sophistication of monitoring????? YHGTBFKM!!!!!!!
They can't even manage to record accurate temperatures!!!!

accuracy of predictions?? HAHAHAHAHA you need to re-read the posted article above again. This freezing cold was supposed to be a thing of the past according to the MET and IPCC.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12pm   #6
Exotix
Banned

Quote:

accuracy of predictions?? HAHAHAHAHA you need to re-read the posted article above again. This freezing cold was supposed to be a thing of the past according to the MET and IPCC.
I like the 2nd headline ~ Experts say cold snap is 'once in a lifetime'

Therefore the Tinkerbell is in total ire because she has to fly around in a thermal suit for the next coupl'a months as opposed to her usual skimpy attire ... my she's a naughty one ...

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20pm   #7
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Really, it's ok if we think it. But when they open their mouth, they remove all doubt.
Old 12-10-2010, 8:34am   #8
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $102780

Quote:

The weather channel keep on saying they are not sure how cold the mornings are going to be because the computer models are programmed to predict the higher end of the temperature scale.
Maybe I should migrate to Florida !!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Gore I want my Man Made Global Warming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's too bloody cold !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 8:45am   #9
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
I like the 2nd headline ~ Experts say cold snap is 'once in a lifetime'
and what did they say the 2 previous years????? also "once in a lifetime" events??
BTW, how long again is the average lifetime???? 80 years???
keep trying exotix, you *might* get one right........eventually.
Old 12-10-2010, 8:46am   #10
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneel 8250 View Post
The weather channel keep on saying they are not sure how cold the mornings are going to be because the computer models are programmed to predict the higher end of the temperature scale.
Maybe I should migrate to Florida !!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Gore I want my Man Made Global Warming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's too bloody cold !!!!!!!!!
Florida is breaking cold records right now too so Florida needs to be crossed off the list!!
Old 12-10-2010, 9:01am   #11
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
Really, it's ok if we think it. But when they open their mouth, they remove all doubt.
Lets just investigate that thought for a minute.
ChasC5 8 posts on the front page with a total of 539 posts since June
Exotix 10 posts on the front page with a total of 232 posts since October
Tinkerbell 2 posts on the front page with a total of 137 posts since October.

Now we know who is opening their mouths and removing ALL doubt.

Kneel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kneel 8250 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 9:03am   #12
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
and what did they say the 2 previous years????? also "once in a lifetime" events??
BTW, how long again is the average lifetime???? 80 years???
keep trying exotix, you *might* get one right........eventually.
You have a point ... in terms of earth as a celestial body as a function of the cosmos ... how long is a second or a minute or an hour or a day or a week or a month or a year or a decade or a century or a millenium ?

I think you saw this dilemma go down over on CFPR&C the other day where your buddy Seafive was finally forced to prove his inane crap he posts from the right-wing asylum and calls it fact ...

Somebody should have simply said ... *Hey Seafive, when you go to the beach for your stuffed grouper BBQ's now, how do you know your grouper wasn't feeding on BP Oil benzene ? ... prove it ... and stating that little baby jesus would do this to everyone else except seafive ain't mak'n it ...

Old 12-10-2010, 9:10am   #13
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
You have a point ... in terms of earth as a celestial body as a function of the cosmos ... how long is a second or a minute or an hour or a day or a week or a month or a year or a decade or a century or a millenium ?

I think you saw this dilemma go down over on CFPR&C the other day where your buddy Seafive was finally forced to prove his inane crap he posts from the right-wing asylum and calls it fact ...

Somebody should have simply said ... *Hey Seafive, when you go to the beach for your stuffed grouper BBQ's now, how do you know your grouper wasn't feeding on BP Oil benzene ? ... prove it ... and stating that little baby jesus would do this to everyone else except seafive ain't mak'n it ...

Of course I have a point.

As for the rest of your "post" this isn't CFPR&C nor is Seafive my "buddy". If you so desperately want to post again over there, I read somewhere that you can buy your way back into a membership. In your case, be prepared to shell out a lot of money to do that.
Old 12-10-2010, 9:19am   #14
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Of course I have a point.

As for the rest of your "post" this isn't CFPR&C nor is Seafive my "buddy". If you so desperately want to post again over there, I read somewhere that you can buy your way back into a membership. In your case, be prepared to shell out a lot of money to do that.
No thanks ... don't feel the need to be on an FBI & DHS Watch List ... and it's no secret that the CFPR&C mods extort ... sorry ... *accept donations* in the name of St. Judes Childrens Hospital to post on CFPR&C and in fact all of CF ...

You know, I almost did make the splash all the time so I could have GoldMember Stars under my name ... good thing I read the fine print stating that if you're a *designated* Lib you don't get your money back when you're banned ...

Old 12-10-2010, 9:20am   #15
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:

A second is one second, a minute is one minute, an hour is one hour, a day is one day, a week is one week, a month is one month, a year is one year, a decade is one decade, a century is one hundred years. This is all measurable and constant so you can go back millions of years for data to compare.

You troll the Internet all day?????
Old 12-10-2010, 9:24am   #16
Tinkerbell in Texas
A Real Barner

Quote:
A second is one second, a minute is one minute, an hour is one hour, a day is one day, a week is one week, a month is one month, a year is one year, a decade is one decade, a century is one hundred years. This is all measurable and constant so you can go back millions of years for data to compare.

of course he does! he has to get his jollys somewhere.
Old 12-10-2010, 9:38am   #17
Exotix
Banned

Quote:

Another good point ... well let me ask you this ... for a time, the algorians were able to have a pretty strong case concerning the (strength) of Katrina as a man-mad phenomena ... with the case being that hurricanes now developing far out to sea are now more powerful caused by changes in the sea temperature over the last 40 years (sophistication of monitoring and measurement) ...

The right-wing christian fanatics simply say Katrina was gods will and gave thanks for wiping out sin city ... of course they disappeared when the same logic was applied to Bush for bringing it on as one of the most evil men to walk the earth ... then came back again for Haiti ...

Strange that you heard nothing about anything about the BP Oil spill being Obama's fault ... well, except for BP Apologist (R) Barton ... hey how come the price of gas didn't go up to $5 a gallon then ? ... must've pissed Tinkerbell off ...

BTW .. if I troll the internet all day .. prove it ... (the best and only proof that you would have in this regard is that you do too ... )

Old 12-10-2010, 9:45am   #18
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
Lets just investigate that thought for a minute.
ChasC5 8 posts on the front page with a total of 539 posts since June
Exotix 10 posts on the front page with a total of 232 posts since October
Tinkerbell 2 posts on the front page with a total of 137 posts since October.

Now we know who is opening their mouths and removing ALL doubt.

Kneel.
I agree with you ...

If you can't backup what you say, you should just keep your trap shut.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:06am   #19
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Another good point ... well let me ask you this ... for a time, the algorians were able to have a pretty strong case concerning the (strength) of Katrina as a man-mad phenomena ... with the case being that hurricanes now developing far out to sea are now more powerful caused by changes in the sea temperature over the last 40 years (sophistication of monitoring and measurement) ...

The right-wing christian fanatics simply say Katrina was gods will and gave thanks for wiping out sin city ... of course they disappeared when the same logic was applied to Bush for bringing it on as one of the most evil men to walk the earth ... then came back again for Haiti ...

Strange that you heard nothing about anything about the BP Oil spill being Obama's fault ... well, except for BP Apologist (R) Barton ... hey how come the price of gas didn't go up to $5 a gallon then ? ... must've pissed Tinkerbell off ...

BTW .. if I troll the internet all day .. prove it ... (the best and only proof that you would have in this regard is that you do too ... )

Hurricanes have always developed from low pressure cells coming off the African coast. Always have always will. You troll CFPR&C by your very own admission so already know this. There have been periods of ice on this planet and periods of heat over millions of years. This period is no different to many others.

Why do I have to answer for religion when I am not religious????

DWH was 2 years away from being a producing oil well so why would that influence the price of crude oil this year??????

That was your very own admission in another thread.

You will see an increase in the price of gas this year as the Middle East has cut back production to drive the price of crude oil up. With the GFC the use of petroleum products went down and still has not recovered to previous levels so they are not making as much money. It is easy to charge more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kneel 8250 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2010, 10:06am   #20
Kneel 8250
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
I agree with you ...

If you can't backup what you say, you should just keep your trap shut.
Be nice if you took your own advice eh????????
The Following User Says Thank You to Kneel 8250 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion