10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 97.5%

Thanked 41,291 Times in 17,170 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
-Forty-five years in one industry does not qualify you for the highest political position in the country; you wouldn't hire a fireman to represent you in court, no matter how good a fireman, or how good a person he is.
45 years managing and overseeing a multi division company DOES qualify one, as much as one can be qualified, to be president. Don't we always complain that the government doesn't operate like a business? Finally there's a guy who actually knows how to run a business, and how to hire smart people who also know how to run a business.

I want someone who looks at cost/benefit every time there is an issue on the table.

Think about it. Would you consider hiring former GE CEO Jack Welsh to run the government? I know nothing about his views on the 2nd Amendment or gay rights, or police/black violence, but I would consider him simply based on his business acumen.
Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 1:33pm   #82
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 28.4%

Thanked 33,853 Times in 12,335 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
After years and years of both the Dems and Pubs making a mess of the country, a voice from outside has been heard.
yep; he's the non-career politician that over the years the entire nation has claimed they wish would run for office. We finally have another one (Perot was the last one like this in modern times)... and people want to tear Trump apart; Perot was bashed as well.

And ... Hillary needs be sent packin'.
Mike Mercury is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 1:38pm   #83
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 8,400 Times in 4,253 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
45 years managing and overseeing a multi division company DOES qualify one, as much as one can be qualified, to be president. Don't we always complain that the government doesn't operate like a business? Finally there's a guy who actually knows how to run a business, and how to hire smart people who also know how to run a business.

I want someone who looks at cost/benefit every time there is an issue on the table.

Think about it. Would you consider hiring former GE CEO Jack Welsh to run the government? I know nothing about his views on the 2nd Amendment or gay rights, or police/black violence, but I would consider him simply based on his business acumen.
HOPEFULLY when Trump wins, the first thing he does is throw the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) into a deep pit. Let all industry bid fairly on .Gov projects without any qualifiers.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VatorMan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 1:51pm   #84
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

The size of the Crow Cyber is gonna choke down on Election Day could feed a starving nation.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 2:12pm   #85
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
The size of the Crow Cyber is gonna choke down on Election Day could feed a starving nation.
So, how much did ole Lester the Lib Leaner cost ole Hildawg?
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 2:19pm   #86
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
HOPEFULLY when Trump wins, the first thing he does is throw the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) into a deep pit. Let all industry bid fairly on .Gov projects without any qualifiers.
If we could shit-can Davis-Bacon as well, that would be good.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 2:27pm   #87
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I'm feeling great about this election. Note that I called Trump winning the R-nomination in late June of 2015. He actually is ahead of Hillary with friggin' Millennials. Lots of Sanders supporters have jumped on the Trump Train. They have to over-sample Democrats to give Hillary a lead in Minnesota! The only state Mondale won in 1984 IIRC.

It's not even going to be close. Really. Trump will win with over 300 electoral votes, including Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Florida. He may even win New York, although I'd put that at less than 20% chance right now.

In last night's debate, the undecideds they polled went +25 for Trump. Many minorities are swinging towards him. Every time BLM burns another neighborhood down, he gets more support. He's polling ahead of Romney in both black voters and Hispanic voters at this point, doing way better on the black vote than any Republican candidate has done in my memory.

I could be one of those guys who makes ambiguous, veiled, and couched predictions but this is really extremely easy to call. All the right people are arrayed against him. Americans are fed up. The left is low-energy, unless it comes to beating up Trump supporters or vandalizing their property.

Hey? Can I make you guys who have been, well, whatever the hell you've been, crow-consumers? Because I wasn't really counting on a bunch of gloating, we're just trying to turn this big ship around. We'll need all the help we can get.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 2:33pm   #88
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
I'm feeling great about this election. Note that I called Trump winning the R-nomination in late June of 2015. He actually is ahead of Hillary with friggin' Millennials. Lots of Sanders supporters have jumped on the Trump Train. They have to over-sample Democrats to give Hillary a lead in Minnesota! The only state Mondale won in 1984 IIRC.

It's not even going to be close. Really. Trump will win with over 300 electoral votes, including Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Florida. He may even win New York, although I'd put that at less than 20% chance right now.

In last night's debate, the undecideds they polled went +25 for Trump. Many minorities are swinging towards him. Every time BLM burns another neighborhood down, he gets more support. He's polling ahead of Romney in both black voters and Hispanic voters at this point, doing way better on the black vote than any Republican candidate has done in my memory.

I could be one of those guys who makes ambiguous, veiled, and couched predictions but this is really extremely easy to call. All the right people are arrayed against him. Americans are fed up. The left is low-energy, unless it comes to beating up Trump supporters or vandalizing their property.

Hey? Can I make you guys who have been, well, whatever the hell you've been, crow-consumers? Because I wasn't really counting on a bunch of gloating, we're just trying to turn this big ship around. We'll need all the help we can get.
Where are you taking the poll data from?
Old 09-27-2016, 2:47pm   #89
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Where are you taking the poll data from?
You know, you can look this stuff as easily as I can.

Minnesota Gravis Poll

Note that the media polls that show Clinton comfortably ahead in MN and PA both use all the usual sampling tricks. Gravis is just likely voters.

I'll have to find the undecideds debate numbers, saw them this morning somewhere.

Edit: I can't find the poll with the +25 among undecideds because literally Google manipulates searches on this stuff (it's true) so I'll just put this up there.

Edit 2: Never say I don't deliver!

Old 09-27-2016, 2:57pm   #90
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
If that's the case how come all the Trump fanboys are consistently insulting those who voice their current feelings of not wanting to vote for him?

Instead of putting those people down, whom you just said their help is needed, work to convince them?

Instead I see here and other places the Trump fan-boys acting like the progressive liberal kool-aid drinkers they despise.

Attacking those who don't support "their" guy instead of working to honestly win them over isn't a good battle plan to win.

Will everyone be won over? Of course not, but dang, to attack those people then complain "we'll need all the help we can get" makes zero sense what so ever.
For the record, I haven't, to my knowledge, insulted anyone, just provided facts and reasoned opinion why voting for Trump is the best thing a voter can do this go-round.
Old 09-27-2016, 3:01pm   #91
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
If that's the case how come all the Trump fanboys are consistently insulting those who voice their current feelings of not wanting to vote for him?

Instead of putting those people down, whom you just said their help is needed, work to convince them?

Instead I see here and other places the Trump fan-boys acting like the progressive liberal kool-aid drinkers they despise.

Attacking those who don't support "their" guy instead of working to honestly win them over isn't a good battle plan to win.

Will everyone be won over? Of course not, but dang, to attack those people then complain "we'll need all the help we can get" makes zero sense what so ever.
Because honestly you guys are simply exhausting. And I really mean that. Still pining for Kasich. Still thinking a vote for Johnson doesn't help Hillary (it will). Even considering carbon-taxing globalist open-borders far-from-libertarian Johnson at all. It's just exhausting. I don't pander well. Oh, puhlease, let me win you over (barf...) Nah, I prefer to MAGA. If you don't want to MAGA, or think purity of party somehow matters in 2016, I don't know change that mindset.
Old 09-27-2016, 3:13pm   #92
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Thus not a fanboy.
As an ardent Trump supporter, I think I would qualify as a Trump fanboy. Also, I have to say Cyber has been very patient outlining the case for Trump.

There's a whole tome to be written about why you should vote Trump, but I think I can boil it all down to one, succinct question:

How many more "wise Latinas" (or equivalent) would you like to see appointed to the SCOTUS?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 3:21pm   #93
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

It's not a matter of being a "fanboy", it's a matter of correctly gauging the mood of the electorate. This was the year that the right was so pissed at the Uniparty that they nominated a political outsider who successfully pulled off a hostile takeover of a major political party with the most votes of any Republican primary winner in history, in a field of 17 candidates! That's unprecidented yet somehow, mysteriously, I (and others here), predicted it. I told my buddy Allan back in late June 2015 that Trump had a 99% chance of winning the nomination simply because of "the wall" speech.

It was just assumed it would be another Bush/Clinton election. I couldn't stomach an America where that was going to be just fine. And apparently millions of others couldn't either. If not Trump, I'm not sure who else could have pulled this off. Any Republican politician that got the nomination would be fully and completely co-opted by the Uniparty by the time the convention started. As it always has been, and as it always will be. Until it isn't anymore. Only Trump had the funds to self-finance the primary, and is thus not beholden to anyone.

Why that doesn't excite people who otherwise loathe Hillary, I have no clue. I can only speculate, and nothing I can come up with makes me really happy.
Old 09-27-2016, 3:24pm   #94
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Show me, with 100% accuracy, that Trump will NOT appoint anyone worse.

Since that can't be done, that fear tactic doesn't work.
See? This is what I mean. Exhausting. E X H A U S T I N G. Pointing out that Trump has provided a list of potential nominees, all of which were vetted by the Heritage Foundation, means nothing when Hillary has provided...what exactly? Because she doesn't need to. Because we know exactly who she's going to nominate, don't we?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 3:26pm   #95
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Insulting and attacking those who don't want to vote for "your guy" isn't showing patience.

It's not just one place though.

I've seen even worse on Twitter, other social media and in person.

It's sad really.

The "us vs. them" mentality which has been festering since, IMHO, the 2000 election just keeps getting worse and worse.

Show me, with 100% accuracy, that Trump will NOT appoint anyone worse.

Since that can't be done, that fear tactic doesn't work.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016...inations-names

For Trump to nominate someone not on his (by now, pretty long) list, it would be tantamount Bush Sr. violating that "no new taxes" pledge. It would sink a Trump presidency and rule out a second term......and Trump is a winner....winners hate losing. I think I can say with certainty that Trump's appointments WILL be on that list, unless maybe he nominates Ted Cruz to the court, assuming they kiss and make up.

It wouldn't be in character for Trump to renege on that promise, because it would hurt him, personally. There would be no upside for Trump to nominate anyone else.
Old 09-27-2016, 3:30pm   #96
Vette40th
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 1,560 Times in 814 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon View Post
I turned it off after five minutes of that asshole interrupting Clinton over and over and over. He showed his true metal.....he's an obnoxious bully. I can't imagine him in any kind of diplomatic scenario with other world leaders. Third world politician at best.
So, what politicans in this world are worth a crap? I think he appeals to the USA as a majority because we are sick of the standard politician. His running mate is solid in front of a microphone or camera.
We were a rogue nation hungry for Change a couple hundred plus years ago due to over bearing government. I think he fits the channel we want.
I , as well as many, are sick of the established elites. We used to have statesman, leaders, honor etc. Now we just have whores in washington sucking our money away.
Vette40th is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vette40th For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 3:44pm   #97
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
But how says he wants two terms?

That's an assumption right now that he wants two.

Trump is a winner when it comes to Trump, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't trust him to fully keep his campaign promises, much less remotely try to keep them.

I get there are people who do and more power to them.

IMHO, I doubt Cruz will get nominated, much less accept a nomination to the SCotUS.
OK, let's just go with, he doesn't want two terms. Fine. What does the man who has everything he could want in life really want?

A: A legacy. He wants to be remembered as the guy who, as Cyber puts it, "turns the ship around." Reneging on the SC promise and appointing another shriveled up lesbian or wise Latina is counterproductive to that goal. You ask me to prove a positive. I ask you to explain WHY he would not stick to the list he has provided. There would be no benefit to him personally, or to his legacy. There's nothing in it for Trump or his memory to lie about this issue.
Old 09-27-2016, 3:49pm   #98
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

I got so exhausted that I ordered two Trump MAGA hats and donated to his campaign. This is, literally, the first time I've ever done that. Ever. Feels good man.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2016, 8:51pm   #99
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
I got so exhausted that I ordered two Trump MAGA hats and donated to his campaign. This is, literally, the first time I've ever done that. Ever. Feels good man.
So, what if he loses? And don't answer that he won't, because you don't know that. Will you admit that you were wrong about his chances? Or will you whine that it was rigged? Or will you blame those of us who didn't vote for him (there's a lot of us)? Will you jump off a bridge? I didn't want him as a candidate because I didn't think he could win, I still don't, but I'll admit I could be wrong.
Old 09-27-2016, 8:57pm   #100
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
So, what if he loses? And don't answer that he won't, because you don't know that. Will you admit that you were wrong about his chances? Or will you whine that it was rigged? Or will you blame those of us who didn't vote for him (there's a lot of us)? Will you jump off a bridge? I didn't want him as a candidate because I didn't think he could win, I still don't, but I'll admit I could be wrong.
Dear Craig. What, at this point, does it matter? Tell you what. If Trump loses you can just gloat and gloat and be very very gloaty. I will be busy doing things.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion