Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2016, 6:50pm   #21
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Oh, and just to answer your claim that a wall won't work anyway...

It's Not Just Donald Trump: Walls Are Going Up Around the World - The Atlantic
How 65 countries have erected security walls on their borders | Daily Mail Online
Is Trump Wrong About A Border Wall? One Stunning Chart Has The Answer | Zero Hedge
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 7:00pm   #22
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,443 Times in 17,240 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

I've got this cued up in the cd changer, ready to play when Trump wins:

I was young at the time, but it sure feels like 1979 Jimmy Carter America right now. And while I have disagreed with Cyber in the past, he is so dead on, on this, it's scary.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 7:03pm   #23
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I was young at the time, but it sure feels like 1979 Jimmy Carter America right now. And while I have disagreed with Cyber in the past, he is so dead on, on this, it's scary.
Hey man, I have been wrong, super wrong, about stuff in the past. But I feel great right now, I really do. Hope you have a great weekend Bill!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 7:05pm   #24
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
Hey man, I have been wrong, super wrong, about stuff in the past. But I feel great right now, I really do. Hope you have a great weekend Bill!
Song corrected. I had the wrong Youtube video saved.
Old 09-02-2016, 7:35pm   #25
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

You Trump critics are Hillary supporters. You can claim all you want that Trump isn't fit to be President--but you think that Hillary is. Oh, come on! Anyone with half a brain knows she rigs elections (already proven), breaks the law, and will take Obama's policies ever further. You think that Obama makes Executive Orders to bypass Congress? You ain't seen nothing yet.

"If you don't vote for Trump, that's a vote for Hillary." Explain to me how that isn't true for you. Who other than Trump and Hillary has a chance to win? Why don't you just come out of the closet and say you want Hillary to be elected?

Craig is a prime example of this: He says, "I'm in the "they're-both-equally-awful" crowd, so if either wins, I don't see it as a good thing. But a problem without a solution isn't really a problem, it's a fact; so I'm not going to wreck my life over it one way or another. I'm going to vote for the best candidate, and keep doing what I know how to do to make a living and have fun when I can. ...and I'm going to continue to point out the most obvious thing...he ain't gonna win..."

So you're going to, "[K]eep doing what I know how to do to make a living and have fun when I can." Wanna bet? Hillary will take away so many of your rights that you won't be "living" anymore: No guns, hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the Country, unlimited illegal Mexican immigrants in the Country, being taught to "Love Muslims as a peaceful people", keeping Muslim violence against us muted by the media, selling this Country's money and influence to the highest bidder to benefit the Clinton Foundation, and an absolute disregard of this Country's budget deficit with no plan to reduce it.

I understand that debate is helpful in most issues. This isn't one of those occasions. This is our absolute last chance to survive as a Country.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 7:44pm   #26
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post
You Trump critics are Hillary supporters. You can claim all you want that Trump isn't fit to be President--but you think that Hillary is. Oh, come on! Anyone with half a brain knows she rigs elections (already proven), breaks the law, and will take Obama's policies ever further. You think that Obama makes Executive Orders to bypass Congress? You ain't seen nothing yet.

"If you don't vote for Trump, that's a vote for Hillary." Explain to me how that isn't true for you. Who other than Trump and Hillary has a chance to win? Why don't you just come out of the closet and say you want Hillary to be elected?

Craig is a prime example of this: He says, "I'm in the "they're-both-equally-awful" crowd, so if either wins, I don't see it as a good thing. But a problem without a solution isn't really a problem, it's a fact; so I'm not going to wreck my life over it one way or another. I'm going to vote for the best candidate, and keep doing what I know how to do to make a living and have fun when I can. ...and I'm going to continue to point out the most obvious thing...he ain't gonna win..."

So you're going to, "[K]eep doing what I know how to do to make a living and have fun when I can." Wanna bet? Hillary will take away so many of your rights that you won't be "living" anymore: No guns, hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the Country, unlimited illegal Mexican immigrants in the Country, being taught to "Love Muslims as a peaceful people", keeping Muslim violence against us muted by the media, selling this Country's money and influence to the highest bidder to benefit the Clinton Foundation, and an absolute disregard of this Country's budget deficit with no plan to reduce it.

I understand that debate is helpful in most issues. This isn't one of those occasions. This is our absolute last chance to survive as a Country.

:withbackwoodsSouthernlawyer:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 9:21pm   #27
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Look at all you grown ups discussing politics.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
~ Bertrand Russell

Cogitate. Report back Nov. 9.
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 9:37pm   #28
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,954 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspencer534 View Post

For a lawyer, you don't seem to have much confidence in Constitutional law, etc. No one person is going to take away our rights, even a President.

This is kind of amusing, how this group of seemingly otherwise rational people, have put all their faith and hope into a fired game show host...

Relax...life's too short...Billary's going to win, she's going to accomplish nothing, and we'll try again in four years, and hopefully nominate someone worthy of the Office...
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 10:08pm   #29
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
For a lawyer, you don't seem to have much confidence in Constitutional law, etc. No one person is going to take away our rights, even a President.

This is kind of amusing, how this group of seemingly otherwise rational people, have put all their faith and hope into a fired game show host...

Relax...life's too short...Billary's going to win, she's going to accomplish nothing, and we'll try again in four years, and hopefully nominate someone worthy of the Office...
Where have you been the last eight years?
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2016, 10:13pm   #30
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Where have you been the last eight years?
Right here with the rest of you. Under a shitty President and an inept government...I don't see that changing any time soon...if ever...
Old 09-02-2016, 10:16pm   #31
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Right here with the rest of you. Under a shitty President and an inept government...I don't see that changing any time soon...if ever...
Yet you haven't seen our president, as one person, take away a few of our constitutional rights?
Old 09-02-2016, 10:28pm   #32
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Yet you haven't seen our president, as one person, take away a few of our constitutional rights?
Which Rights have you lost?
Old 09-02-2016, 10:33pm   #33
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,406 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Ok. Here it is from a .Gov employee. What can a President do that affects your life ? Well, in my instance- from a Dept. of Commerce employee, I get weekly reports about what our Dept. head is doing. Penny Pritzer is overseas begging other companies to buy US companies and employ US citizens. Her latest countries have been India, Africa, and Cuba. So our leading Commerce advocate is wanting US people to work for other countries AKA Toyota, Honda, BMW etc ....

Go ahead, think that a President won't affect you. It's all about their cabinet. You have to have people that will turn your vision into actions. Buy into the rhetoric. Even if Trump wins, there is a HUGE contingency of DC liberals that will thwart him implementation. Bet on it.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:11pm   #34
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Which Rights have you lost?
The right to not have health insurance.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:36pm   #35
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,678 Times in 13,638 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
Craig, the Cowboy is right. Trump is the only non- politician in the race. People are sick to death of politicians. Trump is rich already, and very likely can't be bought.
He's not my dream candidate, but he is so much better than Hillary, there is no comparison.
ANYONE who doesn't vote for him, helps elect the most evil, arrogant, far left liberal since BHO. 8 years of that slimeball is enough.
Bold and red and if I could shout it from the mountains I would but those that NEED to hear it are deaf to it.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:04am   #36
FasterTraffic
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,411 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2008887

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Go ahead, think that a President won't affect you. It's all about their cabinet. You have to have people that will turn your vision into actions. Buy into the rhetoric. Even if Trump wins, there is a HUGE contingency of DC liberals that will thwart him implementation. Bet on it.

Who gets elected is only the start. The iceberg under the water is the mass of people they appoint and all the commissions, cabinets, departments, and boards that have un-elected and unaccountable bureaucrats slowly gnawing at the foundation of America.
FasterTraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 7:51am   #37
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
OK, one more time. Four years from now, if Hillary wins, two things will have happened.

1. Three or four Supreme Court justices will have been installed by Hillary, possibly with a democrat majority senate. Meaning...very very liberal justices.

2. Amnesty for 11-30 million illegals, who will be able to vote. And a wide open border for ever.

Those two things, as we've been patiently trying to tell you, means you can nominate the absolutely perfect (as if that exists) conservative constitutionalist candidate, who is a truly marvelous speaker, looks great on camera, and is smart as a whip. And they will have zero chance of winning.

So it sounds to me like you are just mad that the current (R) candidate isn't Glenn Beck approved or something.

And on to how Hillary takes away your rights. With the Court packed to the gills with not just 8 years of Obama appointees but 8 more years of Clinton appointees, from the Federal courts on up to the SC, you better believe you'll see Heller overturned (what gives us the ability to have concealed carry at the very least) and you'll see the 1st Amendment eviscerated to keep "bad media" from harming tender ears.

This isn't some wild crazy outlandish prediction. This is 100% for sure what will happen. And guess what? I'm going to blame not just the idiot Democrat voters, but also all those who just couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for Trump because Principles.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 8:04am   #38
lspencer534
Dorkapottamus
Barn Stall Owner #52
Activity: 4.6%

Thanked 20,246 Times in 6,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9339471

Quote:
OK, one more time. Four years from now, if Hillary wins, two things will have happened.

1. Three or four Supreme Court justices will have been installed by Hillary, possibly with a democrat majority senate. Meaning...very very liberal justices.

2. Amnesty for 11-30 million illegals, who will be able to vote. And a wide open border for ever.

Those two things, as we've been patiently trying to tell you, means you can nominate the absolutely perfect (as if that exists) conservative constitutionalist candidate, who is a truly marvelous speaker, looks great on camera, and is smart as a whip. And they will have zero chance of winning.

So it sounds to me like you are just mad that the current (R) candidate isn't Glenn Beck approved or something.

And on to how Hillary takes away your rights. With the Court packed to the gills with not just 8 years of Obama appointees but 8 more years of Clinton appointees, from the Federal courts on up to the SC, you better believe you'll see Heller overturned (what gives us the ability to have concealed carry at the very least) and you'll see the 1st Amendment eviscerated to keep "bad media" from harming tender ears.

This isn't some wild crazy outlandish prediction. This is 100% for sure what will happen. And guess what? I'm going to blame not just the idiot Democrat voters, but also all those who just couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for Trump because Principles.
Please allow me to enlarge on something you said: It's not just 8 more years of Clinton Court appointees...the average tenure of a SC appointee is 25 years. That's the rest of our lifetime for many.
lspencer534 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lspencer534 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 10:27am   #39
GEODON
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 34.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $14234

hes right that blacks do bring down property values
GEODON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GEODON For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2016, 5:11pm   #40
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:

This isn't some wild crazy outlandish prediction. This is 100% for sure what will happen.

And guess what? I'm going to blame not just the idiot Democrat voters, but also all those who just couldn't bring themselves to pull the lever for Trump because Principles.
In order:

Hillary can't "install" a SC judge, Congress has to approve them.

The most Liberal immigration proposal does not make them U.S. citizens, they won't be able to vote (legally); I don't know where you're getting 30M. The numbers are currently shrinking because our economy sucks.

I don't listen to Beck or Hannity or Limbaugh or any of the other mowthz...but I suspect you do.

Nothing is 100% sure, even my expectation that Trump will lose hyuge isn't 100% sure...

Blame me? Fine. My state will likely send all it's delegates his way whether I vote for him or not; won't matter, he'll not pick up any states that Romney didn't, and that's a loss. I blame you. Hillary was the most beatable candidate since McGovern; and you Trumpsters wanted to make your point that you hate politicians...great, you've made your point; welcome douche-bag Clinton number two to the Whitehouse...100% inevitable? I don't see how it isn't.

That's my opinion, we welcome yours...

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion