Politics & Religion Discussion of politics and religion

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41pm   #21
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381

Not to mention the other huge LIE in their garbage that you cut and pasted.

NO responsibility from social welfare spenidng???

Our federal deficit each year is almost ENTIRELY a result of the deficit between social welfare programs funded by payroll tax and payroll tax revenue, and our interest expense.

Discretionary spending and revenue produced by sources of discretionary revenue are essentially equal. BTW, Bush only cut taxes that generate revenue for discretionary spending, he left the payroll tax alone.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:51pm   #22
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

LINK

Old 07-14-2011, 1:24pm   #23
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15

Unhappy

You know, I just HAVE to take a (deserved) shot at "The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities here."

On all my latest work and charts and graphs over the past few years, I have strived to provide worthwhile citation. Not just "so and so said this" but actual links to actual, true, real life data.

Anyone can go behind me and look at the numbers for themselves. Anyone can re-produce what I produce.

These freaking CBPP charts, have LYING, misleaidng citations. They give "PROJECTIONS" based on CBO data.

NO. They give PROJECTIONS based on CBO data AND THEIR OWN, UNSTATED (but obvious to those who know what they're looking at) UNSUPPORTABLE ASSUMPTIONS.

They LITERALLY take a dash of CBO data here, a pinch of unsupported assumption there, and a teaspoon of made-up fantasy on top if it all, mix, stir, and voila - Here's our chart, and by the way we're not going to be open and honest and tell you that this is based on the assumption that taxation has ZERO effect on GDP and the economy, we're not going to give you the REAL CBO data we used (presumably because we don't want to embarrass ourselves by showing how little of what we did is based on FACT and REAL WORLD data), and we're not going to mention that any other projection showing any other result is LITERALLY just as valid as ours because it's mostly make-believe.

How does the saying go? The most believable lies have a little bit of truth sprinkled in?

The only thing remotely like this I have done is my unemployment projection model, and EVERY TIME I post up about it with the new monthly unemployment rate I re-post my original description EXPLAINING ALL OF THIS - that it is a crude projection model, that it involved guess-work, and that it has weaknesses, although it has been MUCH more accurate than the Obama admin's absurd unemployment projections from day one, which I have NO idea how they came up with.

Frankly what they do is offensive. And of course HUFFINGTON POST, the site that regurgitated this crap and the site that shows up in the source link for those charts, also doesn't tell the truth about them and their utility.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion