Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2013, 10:10am   #121
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

You can't blame Red he has probably never travelled 200 miles further in any direction then his home.
His ignorance and opinion is based on what he thinks he knows.
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:08am   #122
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

The mind is a woman and the body is a dude. Damn, that sux.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 1:22pm   #123
HOWSER
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 2.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3404

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
You can't blame Red he has probably never travelled 200 miles further in any direction then his home.
His ignorance and opinion is based on what he thinks he knows.
No kidding.

Just another ignorant, closed-minded fool.
HOWSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 4:34pm   #124
DukeAllen
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.5%

Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,944 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10001598

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWSER View Post
No kidding.

So what is it like being gay?
DukeAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 5:07pm   #125
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 2.9%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,136 Times in 5,358 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
That's behavior that no decent person would consider acceptable; if I’d seen it, and you'd decided to beat her unconscious at that point, I’d have backed you up.

The extremes on either side are, unfortunately, the ones that move the bar. I have no confidence that the LGBT community will ever be satisfied; it’s not in the nature of social movement groups to reach a goal and not set another one.
Unfortunately, it's the extremes (on both sides) that make the news.

My daughter's sexuality does not define her. Her life is not about being gay, if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
I thinks it's safe to say if someone is picking themselves up off the ground, something came of it.
Well, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
P.S. I would pay good money to see NAV beat the shit out of some disrespectful b*tch on the street.
It's never a fair fight. I took up boxing when I was younger, for about 8 years or so. The average female has never been in a fight in her life. They try the pulling hair, slapping, open-handed shit. I DO NOT get in fights. I will avoid them, if possible. But if it has to happen, the bitch is done.

Luckily, I think that's only maybe the third fight I've ever been in (in a public setting) in my entire life. It would've been fewer if I hadn't had to back my sisters' at times that they'd run off their damn mouths.

To be fair, in this instance, I hit the woman just once. Uppercut to the chin. She went down and I quit. I did, however, stand over her saying a few choice words.

She got up and left. That was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
MY Goal as always is not to offend her and her Family, I respect that her Daughter is a member of the Armed Forces, Sandy knows this. However she also knows that I am extremely opposed to homosexuals, homosexual relationships, Homosexual weddings, and anything else that violates the sanctity of traditional marriage and intercourse. I feel that the whole idea is wrong, completely immoral...
I'm not offended by you, Red. I disagree with you, but your opinion is your opinion. I respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
I'd pay money to see NAV beat the shit out of RED
I don't make it a habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeAllen View Post
Who screams their preferences in who's faces? I can't remember seeing too many straight pride parades.

I'd say more but I don't want NAV to beat me up
To be fair, a lot of people scream their 'preferences' in the faces of gay people. Everytime someone says something to my daughter about her going to hell, being satan's spawn, calling them whores, etc., they are screaming their (preference of) outright hatred for gay people.

Yes, people have walked up and called them whores.

It's unnacceptable behavior, regardless of which side of the fence it's coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-85-Z51 View Post
Damn right....Papa Red dont f*ck with that shit. Mofo comes up to me..."papa Red..I want a bike for christmas" And I be like "Well Red Jr..are you going to wear pants and a T-shirt when you ride, like a good boy, or are you going to want some Fruity booty spandex bullshit?...and choose your answer carefully, your place under this roof depends on it"

Its best to steer em in the right direction at a young age...and to use prizes as encouragement, and penalties to discourage undesirable behavior.
Red, a lesbian is as repulsed about having sex with a man as you are. You did not choose to be repulsed at the idea of sex with a man, just like they haven't. You could never bring yourself to 'choose' to have sex with a man because its not how you're wired.

There is just something about gay people that is different from the norm, in terms of their brain. Again, nature has anomalies. They're just biologically/neurologically different.

You don't choose to be straight because being gay just in not an option for you. It's the same way for gay people. Could they live a lie and pretend to be straight? Sure. But that'd be like asking you to live a lie and pretend to be gay. It would go against everything that they feel, who they are attracted to and who the fall in love with. Just the same way it would go against everything you know/feel if someone wanted you to pretend to be gay.

Let me tell you a story...

I am bisexual. I am as attracted to women as I am men. I could be in a relationship with a woman just as easily as a man, if women weren't so bat shit crazy.

I did not wake up one day and just decide this. It wasn't drinking coffee and reading the paper one day and suddenly thought, "Hey. I think I'll be into chicks, as well. Starting today. Yeah, that'll be fu(king awesome." As much as you would love for it to be that way (a choice) that's just not the way it is.

I'm sure there are some people that are either confused or try and play off like they're gay - when they're not. One of my biggest pet peeves is women that 'suddenly decide' that they're dating women. Experimentation? Maybe. But they're not truly gay.

Truly gay or bisexual people are just that way. They've always been that way. They've always realized that they feel differently. Most of them have even tried to live the life (straight) that everyone wants for them...and have failed.

You're just wrong on this one. If anyone knows this, it's me.

There may be a genetic aspect to it. I don't know. There is some science that seems to support that.

I know environment (nature versus nurture) had no bearing on my daughter, as she was never aware at any point that I am bisexual. It wasn't until after she came out that we had a discussion. She was shocked, in fact. And I only shared my experiences with her because she struggled so much with coming out.

I don't talk about my sexuality a lot because, again, it does not define me.

Anyhow, what I'm trying to say is...you're wrong.

(Don't even start asking for pics, jackasses.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOWSER View Post
No kidding.

Eh. We only know what we're exposed to.

Last edited by NEED-A-VETTE; 09-28-2013 at 6:16pm. Reason: Spelling, dammit
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2013, 5:22pm   #126
DukeAllen
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.5%

Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,944 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10001598

Half the men of VB just went off to fap over the idea of NAV and...

Other than that...some of you guys are getting nasty and personal. Let's not have VB wind up as another CF...Red isn't closed minded, he just doesn't agree. I know gay people, and have a gay relative. I just don't like PDAs, what they do behind closed doors, and whether or not they'll go to hell for it, is their business and their problem.

So...some people here are pro-gay and/or tolerant of it...some of us at the thought. Can we leave it at that and find something funny or at least less contentious to discuss?
DukeAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 5:26pm   #127
trewyn15
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 99.9%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2145

I just have a hard time imagining being a guy and not loving titties...
trewyn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 5:28pm   #128
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I don't talk about my sexuality a lot because, again, it does not define me.
I was gonna make the same comment about my hair. But I can't.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 5:31pm   #129
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttdemon15 View Post
I just have a hard time imagining being a guy and not loving titties...
Well well well. Look who crawled into another thread!

You have a hard time imagining being a guy period.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:32pm   #130
trewyn15
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Well well well. Look who crawled into another thread!

You have a hard time imagining being a guy period.
Figured that one was coming, dicklicker

Old 09-28-2013, 5:33pm   #131
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.

Quote:

Other than that...some of you guys are getting nasty and personal. Let's not have VB wind up as another CF...Red isn't closed minded, he just doesn't agree. I know gay people, and have a gay relative. I just don't like PDAs, what they do behind closed doors, and whether or not they'll go to hell for it, is their business and their problem.

So...some people here are pro-gay and/or tolerant of it...some of us at the thought. Can we leave it at that and find something funny or at least less contentious to discuss?
This discussion has actually been very civil. People are passionate about te topic on both sides. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone has crossed the line in this thread.

It's good to talk about these things.

As for the homecoming queen, I feel for her/him if he/she is truly transsexual and suffering or struggling with it mentally/emotionally with to it. But he/she is delusional if he/she thought he/she was not going to run into some backlash from high school kids.They pick one another for every damn thing.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:36pm   #132
trewyn15
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
This discussion has actually been very civil. People are passionate about te topic on both sides. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone has crossed the line in this thread.

As for the homecoming queen, I feel for her/him if he/she is truly transsexual and suffering or struggling with it mentally/emotionally with to it. But he/she is delusional if he/she thought he/she was not going to run into some backlash from high school kids.They pick one another for every damn thing.

It's too bad people are so narrow-sited these days. However, I do personally wonder why these type of cases come up more often than say 10 years ago. Is it just shown in the media more, or are there really more cases like this?
Old 09-28-2013, 5:39pm   #133
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
[NotTalkingAboutThisThread] Agreed. What I simply don't understand is the close mindedness about this topic. It's not enough for some people to simply admit "I don't get it" and leave it at that. There has to be some level of "You're a freak" tagging along. [/NotTalkingAboutThisThread]

Quote:
I do personally wonder why these type of cases come up more often than say 10 years ago.
10 years ago you were playing with toys in the driveway. STFU no0b. You don't have a CLUE what you're talking about.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:40pm   #134
kingpin
SnowJob
Barn Stall Owner #999
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 5,716 Times in 2,999 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8052038

Quote:

Sure he is he only knows one thing. Like he said it's either black or white. That pretty much says it all.

Quote:
I prefer to be an intolerant douche, who accepts very few, and lives in a bubble of paranoia and worried thoughts, where everyone is out to push their agenda on me, everyone is wrong, and everyone needs to be watched because they cannot be trusted to do the right thing...
kingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 5:42pm   #135
trewyn15
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
[NotTalkingAboutThisThread] Agreed. What I simply don't understand is the close mindedness about this topic. It's not enough for some people to simply admit "I don't get it" and leave it at that. There has to be some level of "You're a freak" tagging along. [/NotTalkingAboutThisThread]

10 years ago you were playing with toys in the driveway. STFU no0b. You don't have a CLUE what you're talking about.
Playing with toys in the driveway or not does not make me arrogant enough to not see or care about what is going on around me.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:45pm   #136
Admiral Blue
Barn Stall Owner #-1
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,043 Times in 484 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1311037

Quote:

I'm not offended by you, Red. I disagree with you, but your opinion is your opinion. I respect that.
...and that right there, people, is VERY admirable.
Admiral Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2013, 5:46pm   #137
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Quote:
I was gonna make the same comment about my hair. But I can't.
Yes, but that's understandable. Your mane is truly stunning.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:47pm   #138
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttdemon15 View Post
Playing with toys in the driveway or not does not make me arrogant enough to not see or care about what is going on around me.
Interesting admission. So you ARE struggling with your sexuality, and have been since your drawing on the sidewalk with chalk days.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:47pm   #139
trewyn15
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Blue View Post
...and that right there, people, is VERY admirable.
That's for damn sure, don't come across people that are able to do that these days, myself included.
Old 09-28-2013, 5:48pm   #140
MrPeabody
A Real Barner

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Yes, but that's understandable. Your mane is truly stunning.
Oh please, don't encourage him.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic