Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 7:41pm   #141
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,452 Times in 17,245 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospero63 View Post
Yep. I've been consistent throughout. Good for the kid who did what they needed to be in the top 10% of their school. Idiot for the parents that would knowingly and willfully send their kid to a school that, by your own admission, does not prepare them for college.

Out of curiosity, your kids go to Memorial or North Forest?
I don't have kids, but I am familiar with both school districts, having met teachers and administrators at both. And the reputations of a Smiley/North Forest, Memorial, etc. are well known in the area.

I'm a Cy-Fair grad, BTW. Go Bobcats!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 7:55pm   #142
prospero63
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $700255

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRN ENVY View Post
So basically you are saying that no scholarships and or grants are handed out more to minorities, then to white.
Than to whites. And no, I never said or implied that.

Quote:
That's incorrect. I started off talking about government funded scholarships I have been talking about those with the exception to the privately funded organizations. Let's not get off topic and contradict ourselves.
Yes, because we wouldn't want to have to say we were mistaken when we contradict ourselves, would we?

[quote]I said that the government gives out scholarships to minorities, over whites. When you brought up the Texas scholarship that had nothing to do with it being supplied by the government. All of my points with the exception of a few were all about the government supplied scholarships dealing with race. Not dealing with other organizations.

Quote:
You keep bring up scholarships in general. My First post in this thread was about government scholarships.
WTF? No it wasn't. You never even mentioned government scholarships. Post #41. Let me help you out here. The words you are looking for are "my bad, I was using absolutes to overstate positions to validate my beliefs. It wasn't necessary because I could have made the points without doing that".

Quote:
You keep trying to make me get of that topic by putting up link and doing Google searches about race scholarships in general. Did I rebuttal to your general scholarships, yes. But apparently I need to give you a full research report on race scholarships for you to understand my point about how minorities get more aid and scholarships then white people. What the f*ck is so hard to understand about that.
No, what I keep trying to get you to do is stop making exaggerated claims and trading in absolutes when they aren't valid, or needed, to make your point. And I keep trying to get you to support your statements with facts. It's easy to say "minorities get more aid and scholarships then [sic] white people", but it's hard to actually come up with actual facts to support that claim.

Quote:
I am not wrong, and who the f*ck are you to tell me that I make excuses. And what give you the right to make it personal by telling me that I am not accountable, and that I didn't learn anything in school. I solely stuck to my point that the government gives out scholarships to minorities and only minorities, specifically talking about race. Not other scholarships.
No you didn't stick to your point. You made a point, it quickly got proven incorrect, and you have spent the rest of the time trying to say you didn't say that. You are letting pride get in the way of admitting you were mistaken.

Quote:
If you want to keep up this argument take it to PM's. I am done with your ignorance and unwillingness to understand, and trying to make me contradict myself to make you look like a god or something.

Or better yet you think what you think, and I will think whats right.
I'm starting to see the problem with our education system.
prospero63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 7:57pm   #143
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
You said I needed links to prove my statements true. Why don't you get links to prove me wrong?????
1. I did that in my first reply to you.
2. It's not my responsibility to prove a negative. It's your responsibility to support your claims. Again, this is stuff you should have learned in school.
Old 06-06-2011, 7:57pm   #144
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I don't have kids, but I am familiar with both school districts, having met teachers and administrators at both. And the reputations of a Smiley/North Forest, Memorial, etc. are well known in the area.

I'm a Cy-Fair grad, BTW. Go Bobcats!
Old 06-06-2011, 8:28pm   #145
GRN ENVY
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 1,819 Times in 959 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5504001

Quote:
Here is one for you about college. If you are white, there are NO scholarships for your ethnicity. If you are non-white and your parents are immigrants from another country, guess who can get loads of free money for college, they do. I think its unfair. Here I am working through college, to pay out of pocket for my education, not mention some of the taxes I pay is paying for their college. Either we all get free college or they pay out of pocket.

Don't get me wrong, if they EARN their academic scholarship, or athletic scholarship, then by all means its theirs, but don't give them free money because their parents moved to this country, and because of that they get special treatment. What happened to everyone being treated equally, weather its good or bad treatment.

If you think this is racist, you are right. Its racist towards me as a white male. Double standards are bullsh!t

I have to say I agree with stangkiller on this whole subject

read the bolded statement, taxes goes to the government.

Quote:
Than to whites. And no, I never said or implied that.

Yes, because we wouldn't want to have to say we were mistaken when we contradict ourselves, would we?

I said that the government gives out scholarships to minorities, over whites. When you brought up the Texas scholarship that had nothing to do with it being supplied by the government. All of my points with the exception of a few were all about the government supplied scholarships dealing with race. Not dealing with other organizations.

WTF? No it wasn't. You never even mentioned government scholarships. Post #41. Let me help you out here. The words you are looking for are "my bad, I was using absolutes to overstate positions to validate my beliefs. It wasn't necessary because I could have made the points without doing that".

No, what I keep trying to get you to do is stop making exaggerated claims and trading in absolutes when they aren't valid, or needed, to make your point. And I keep trying to get you to support your statements with facts. It's easy to say "minorities get more aid and scholarships then [sic] white people", but it's hard to actually come up with actual facts to support that claim.

No you didn't stick to your point. You made a point, it quickly got proven incorrect, and you have spent the rest of the time trying to say you didn't say that. You are letting pride get in the way of admitting you were mistaken.

I'm starting to see the problem with our education system.

Here is a link for minorities:
http://msan.wceruw.org/documents/MSAN_college%20scholarships.pdf

Here is a link for whites:
White (non-Hispanic) Scholarships - Fastweb

Note the difference in aid from one group to another. Am I wrong that there are Caucasian scholarships yes, but the numbers prove my point that there is more aid for minorities, than to whites

I did read some where that the government does not hand out Race specific scholarships, but does give out diversity race based scholarships. Pretty much mean if your a minority and want to improve your class status, they then will give you a scholarship. Pretty much a minority scholarship, just you have to clarify why you want it, and they give you the reason. I will try and hunt down the link for you.
GRN ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 8:41pm   #146
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
read the bolded statement, taxes goes to the government.
Keep grasping. Now your point is all scholarships are tax funded? "My bad, I was mistaken when I said there were no scholarships for whites" is really not the difficult to say.

Quote:
Here is a link for minorities:
http://msan.wceruw.org/documents/MSA...holarships.pdf

Here is a link for whites:
White (non-Hispanic) Scholarships - Fastweb

Note the difference in aid from one group to another. Am I wrong that there are Caucasian scholarships yes, but the numbers prove my point that there is more aid for minorities, than to whites
See, that wasn't difficult.

Now, the catch. Do you mean that there is more aid for minorities, than to whites, or do you mean that there are more minority scholarships than Caucasian scholarships? There are, quite significant, monies available to whites not because they are white, but because they have parents that went to college and thus that entitles them to scholarships, etc. for that, etc. that minorities aren't entitled to (again, not because they are minorities but because their parents didn't go to college).

Quote:
I did read some where that the government does not hand out Race specific scholarships, but does give out diversity race based scholarships. Pretty much mean if your a minority and want to improve your class status, they then will give you a scholarship. Pretty much a minority scholarship, just you have to clarify why you want it, and they give you the reason. I will try and hunt down the link for you.
Look up whites qualifying for minority scholarships to historically black colleges. There's a few of those out there too (some info is from the sources you cited above in fact).
Old 06-06-2011, 8:55pm   #147
GRN ENVY
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Keep grasping. Now your point is all scholarships are tax funded? "My bad, I was mistaken when I said there were no scholarships for whites" is really not the difficult to say.
No I am not saying they are all tax funded, but the u.s. department of education get money from our taxes, that we pay.

Your pushing it with "My bad, I was mistaken when I said there were no scholarships for whites" is really not the difficult to say." crap!

Quote:
See, that wasn't difficult.

Now, the catch. Do you mean that there is more aid for minorities, than to whites, or do you mean that there are more minority scholarships than Caucasian scholarships? There are, quite significant, monies available to whites not because they are white, but because they have parents that went to college and thus that entitles them to scholarships, etc. for that, etc. that minorities aren't entitled to (again, not because they are minorities but because their parents didn't go to college).
I can see what you are saying on the whole monies available to whites because their parents went to college and etc.

I am saying that on race alone, that there are more opportunities for free money, for minorities.

When I here aid, I think of financial in which said person has to pay back money. Now that is another subject when it comes to race yes. But let's not get into that. No time lol

Quote:
Look up whites qualifying for minority scholarships to historically black colleges. There's a few of those out there too (some info is from the sources you cited above in fact).
I will look that up.

As for not giving you links right away, I am at work and was extremely busy up until 9:15 or so eastern time. So maybe you can ease up on the button pushing???
Old 06-06-2011, 8:58pm   #148
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 5.0%

Thanked 8,407 Times in 4,256 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
No I am not saying they are all tax funded, but the u.s. department of education get money from our taxes, that we pay.

Your pushing it with "My bad, I was mistaken when I said there were no scholarships for whites" is really not the difficult to say." crap!

I can see what you are saying on the whole monies available to whites because their parents went to college and etc.

I am saying that on race alone, that there are more opportunities for free money, for minorities.

When I here aid, I think of financial in which said person has to pay back money. Now that is another subject when it comes to race yes. But let's not get into that. No time lol

I will look that up.

As for not giving you links right away, I am at work and was extremely busy up until 9:15 or so eastern time. So maybe you can ease up on the button pushing???

You fell into the Tater trap. He's an expert in bait and switch. Be glad I let you know.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 9:07pm   #149
GRN ENVY
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
You fell into the Tater trap. He's an expert in bait and switch. Be glad I let you know.
I figured as much, twisting words around to make you think different, but he can be internet God for the day, it doesn't bother me
Old 06-06-2011, 9:09pm   #150
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Kid needed educating.
Old 06-06-2011, 9:11pm   #151
Gina
Barn Raising II
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2252396

Quote:
I figured as much, twisting words around to make you think different, but he can be internet God for the day, it doesn't bother me
Quote:
Kid needed educating.
NAMBLA called..........
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 9:11pm   #152
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Nah, back up here. Go read post #41. Those were your words. If that's not what you meant to write, then say that. But don't try to act like you didn't write them or that my response wasn't to them. But don't get too prideful to admit a mistake and then complain that folks are twisting words and changing topics when in fact you were the only one trying to do that, to cover for your original mis-statement.
Old 06-06-2011, 9:40pm   #153
GRN ENVY
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Kid needed educating.
First of all, I'm not a kid

Quote:
Nah, back up here. Go read post #41. Those were your words. If that's not what you meant to write, then say that. But don't try to act like you didn't write them or that my response wasn't to them. But don't get too prideful to admit a mistake and then complain that folks are twisting words and changing topics when in fact you were the only one trying to do that, to cover for your original mis-statement.
I don't need to read post 41, I wrote it. I know what it says, and I know what it means. I am not mistaken. I feel I am not wrong, yyou feel that I am wrong. Get off your high horse of internet patrol and agree to disagree, weather my facts are right or in your eyes wrong. It doesn't matter. It seems to me that several people liked what I wrote in that post. So get over it
Old 06-06-2011, 9:48pm   #154
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
First of all, I'm not a kid
Easy kid.

Quote:
I don't need to read post 41, I wrote it. I know what it says, and I know what it means. I am not mistaken. I feel I am not wrong, yyou feel that I am wrong. Get off your high horse of internet patrol and agree to disagree, weather my facts are right or in your eyes wrong. It doesn't matter. It seems to me that several people liked what I wrote in that post. So get over it
Fair enough. You wrote a response to the question of scholarships that never mentioned or had anything to do with government money, claimed that there were no scholarships for whites, was shown that there were, then tried to change your tune to claim that you meant full rides and government scholarships only. But you are correct, you weren't mistaken.
Old 06-06-2011, 9:50pm   #155
GRN ENVY
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #82
BR Car Washer II,III

Bantayan Kids '14

Quote:
Easy kid.

Fair enough. You wrote a response to the question of scholarships that never mentioned or had anything to do with government money, claimed that there were no scholarships for whites, was shown that there were, then tried to change your tune to claim that you meant full rides and government scholarships only. But you are correct, you weren't mistaken.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:10pm   #156
oyealiz
Barn Stall Owner #1313
Barn Raising I,II,III
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,029 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1112489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post

So, do you think I am a racist?

No.

(Maybe I'll have time later to read and see what the other 155 responses are!)
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:12pm   #157
prospero63
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
No.

(Maybe I'll have time later to read and see what the other 155 responses are!)
As an active participant, trust me it's not worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to prospero63 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2011, 11:16pm   #158
MEANZ06
A Real Barner

Thanked 3,864 Times in 1,754 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4635916

MEANZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43pm   #159
themonk
Barn Stall Owner #65
Activity: 3.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5394274

How can a thread about racism turn so heated?
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to themonk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 3:02am   #160
island14
Bamboo Boy
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,15
Activity: 99.6%

Thanked 8,006 Times in 4,537 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11975076

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
How can a thread about racism turn so heated?

This thread has me drunk now, and I'm not even drinking...

I thought this was about schools
island14 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic