Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 9:01pm   #31061
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I would - if I was stumbling drunk. Maybe.

Bathroom remodel contractor isn't working tomorrow, so I made a tee time.




How's the family Todd?
Doing our best my friend. Hoping you are all well.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:13pm   #31062
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Points: 65,227, Level: 100
Activity: 82.2%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 89,259
Thanks: 75,937
Thanked 25,145 Times in 10,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock427 View Post
Buffett is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
Buffett

broBott
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:15pm   #31063
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 48,181, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 17,604
Thanks: 8,216
Thanked 22,437 Times in 7,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
Doing our best my friend. Hoping you are all well.
Glad to hear that.

We’re well. Trying to figure out what to get the grandkids for Christmas. Fortunately Kathy likes doing that.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:20pm   #31064
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Glad to hear that.

We’re well. Trying to figure out what to get the grandkids for Christmas. Fortunately Kathy likes doing that.
A great problem to deal with.

I'm racing to find what I can before the ground freezes in my short down times.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:21pm   #31065
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 48,181, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 17,604
Thanks: 8,216
Thanked 22,437 Times in 7,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
A great problem to deal with.

I'm racing to find what I can before the ground freezes in my short down times.
What cool stuff have you found?
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:22pm   #31066
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Buffett

broBott
Honey badger
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:30pm   #31067
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
What cool stuff have you found?
All kinds of stuff a coin total will be forthcoming but looking to be around $4-500 . I will be cashing in for the year soon. 3 gold rings,six silver .925 sterling, bracelets necklaces some of value others not so much. A few older relics from early 1900 from my Dad's house horseshoes and buckles and brooches. A chit ton of toy cars Tootsie to Hot Wheels. I'm addicted.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:32pm   #31068
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Points: 65,227, Level: 100
Activity: 82.2%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 89,259
Thanks: 75,937
Thanked 25,145 Times in 10,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
Honey badger



Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
All kinds of stuff a coin total will be forthcoming but looking to be around $4-500 . I will be cashing in for the year soon. 3 gold rings,six silver .925 sterling, bracelets necklaces some of value others not so much. A few older relics from early 1900 from my Dad's house horseshoes and buckles and brooches. A chit ton of toy cars Tootsie to Hot Wheels. I'm addicted.
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:36pm   #31069
bigblock427
A Real Barner
Points: 10,306, Level: 70
Activity: 31.8%
 
bigblock427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 6,054
Thanks: 3,071
Thanked 7,424 Times in 2,679 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I would - if I was stumbling drunk. Maybe.

Bathroom remodel contractor isn't working tomorrow, so I made a tee time.


How's the family Todd?
No doubt!

The weather here this week has been absolutely beautiful. I would have loved to have played a few rounds this week. But I was stuck in an office. I am playing Sunday afternoon and the weather is going to be pretty good.

Enjoy your round of golf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Buffett

broBott
Come on Rikki. Don't be a hater.:
bigblock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigblock427 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:37pm   #31070
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
What cool stuff have you found?
I sent you a few pics from two weeks of detecting.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:41pm   #31071
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 48,181, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 17,604
Thanks: 8,216
Thanked 22,437 Times in 7,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
I sent you a few pics from two weeks of detecting.
You should come hunt on the island. Gotta be cool stuff to find since it was settled over 200 years ago.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:48pm   #31072
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Points: 82,021, Level: 100
Activity: 28.7%
 
99 pewtercoupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: On an island somewhere
Posts: 22,322
Thanks: 3,558
Thanked 12,552 Times in 5,736 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
You should come hunt on the island. Gotta be cool stuff to find since it was settled over 200 years ago.
Actually, the first European settlers came to the island in the 1500s so the history is a lot older.

History[edit]
The island was named for Princess Amelia, daughter of George II of Great Britain,[2] and changed hands between colonial powers a number of times. It is claimed that eight flags have flown over Amelia Island: French, Spanish, British, Floridian/Patriot, Green Cross, Mexican, Confederate, and United States.[3]

Early European settlement[edit]
American Indian bands associated with the Timucua people settled on the island around 1000, which they called Napoyca.[4] They remained there until the early 18th century.[5] In 1562, French Huguenot explorer Jean Ribault became the first recorded European visitor to Napoyca, and he named the island Île de Mai.[6][7] In 1565, Spanish forces led by Pedro Menendez de Aviles drove the French from northeastern Florida by attacking their stronghold at Fort Caroline on the Rivière de Mai (later called Río de San Juan by the Spanish, and later the St. Johns River in English).[8] They killed Ribault and perhaps 350 other French colonists who had been shipwrecked further down the coast.[9]
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 9:58pm   #31073
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
Actually, the first European settlers came to the island in the 1500s so the history is a lot older.

History[edit]
The island was named for Princess Amelia, daughter of George II of Great Britain,[2] and changed hands between colonial powers a number of times. It is claimed that eight flags have flown over Amelia Island: French, Spanish, British, Floridian/Patriot, Green Cross, Mexican, Confederate, and United States.[3]

Early European settlement[edit]
American Indian bands associated with the Timucua people settled on the island around 1000, which they called Napoyca.[4] They remained there until the early 18th century.[5] In 1562, French Huguenot explorer Jean Ribault became the first recorded European visitor to Napoyca, and he named the island Île de Mai.[6][7] In 1565, Spanish forces led by Pedro Menendez de Aviles drove the French from northeastern Florida by attacking their stronghold at Fort Caroline on the Rivière de Mai (later called Río de San Juan by the Spanish, and later the St. Johns River in English).[8] They killed Ribault and perhaps 350 other French colonists who had been shipwrecked further down the coast.[9]
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:01pm   #31074
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
You should come hunt on the island. Gotta be cool stuff to find since it was settled over 200 years ago.
After a storm or strong continuous tides are the best times from what I have learned. Never checked out a beach/coast line.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:06pm   #31075
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Points: 65,227, Level: 100
Activity: 82.2%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 89,259
Thanks: 75,937
Thanked 25,145 Times in 10,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
You should come hunt on the island. Gotta be cool stuff to find since it was settled over 200 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe View Post
Actually, the first European settlers came to the island in the 1500s so the history is a lot older.

History[edit]
The island was named for Princess Amelia, daughter of George II of Great Britain,[2] and changed hands between colonial powers a number of times. It is claimed that eight flags have flown over Amelia Island: French, Spanish, British, Floridian/Patriot, Green Cross, Mexican, Confederate, and United States.[3]

Early European settlement[edit]
American Indian bands associated with the Timucua people settled on the island around 1000, which they called Napoyca.[4] They remained there until the early 18th century.[5] In 1562, French Huguenot explorer Jean Ribault became the first recorded European visitor to Napoyca, and he named the island Île de Mai.[6][7] In 1565, Spanish forces led by Pedro Menendez de Aviles drove the French from northeastern Florida by attacking their stronghold at Fort Caroline on the Rivière de Mai (later called Río de San Juan by the Spanish, and later the St. Johns River in English).[8] They killed Ribault and perhaps 350 other French colonists who had been shipwrecked further down the coast.[9]

It would be interesting to see what you could find
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:12pm   #31076
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 28,171, Level: 100
Activity: 0.8%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 25,311
Thanks: 15,846
Thanked 13,156 Times in 6,019 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15019343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
It would be interesting to see what you could find
I would like a beach hunt. I now have multiple detectors to handle about anything.
BOTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOTY For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:19pm   #31077
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 48,181, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 17,604
Thanks: 8,216
Thanked 22,437 Times in 7,731 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
After a storm or strong continuous tides are the best times from what I have learned. Never checked out a beach/coast line.
We have a guest room. We’re a very short walk to the beach.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:19pm   #31078
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Points: 119,667, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
MadInNc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 17,041
Thanks: 7,357
Thanked 23,310 Times in 7,698 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939
Default

Night all 🤪
MadInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:22pm   #31079
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Points: 65,227, Level: 100
Activity: 82.2%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 89,259
Thanks: 75,937
Thanked 25,145 Times in 10,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOTY View Post
I would like a beach hunt. I now have multiple detectors to handle about anything.
You're welcome here anytime
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2021, 10:23pm   #31080
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Points: 65,227, Level: 100
Activity: 82.2%
 
Rikki Z-06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: The Bash, Perma
Posts: 89,259
Thanks: 75,937
Thanked 25,145 Times in 10,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
Night all 🤪
Night Mike

I'm out too
Rikki Z-06 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:51pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2022 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page