Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2018, 6:54pm   #1
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 21,884 Times in 8,903 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
Talking Today at the walmart parking lot ( state police taser action )

I made a quick run to the local WalMart to get some garden hose washers. As I pulled in the parking, a PA State Police car was in the upper parking lot looking down towards the store.

Parked by the garden center end and went in. No washers there ( sold out ) and looked in the car care section with no luck. Walked out about 4 minutes after I got there.

Mr State Trooper has some fine young tattooed gentleman cuffed and face down in the parking lot in the spot right next to my Suburban.

I patiently waited for about 10 minutes while listening to the conversion he was having with this fine gentleman. ( no yelling or attitude, just "stating facts" --VERY professional on how he kept control of the situation )

Some of the better parts .....

You know you'd be feeling better if you didn't run.

( with his knee against his back ) You keep squirming and I'll just press harder.

I still have one more taser loaded for you if you don't calm down.

( after the fine gentleman said he didn't have any ID on him ) I know who you are and you'll be going away for a long, long time .

The couple with the Jeep went into the store and got Gatorade for the Trooper plus a water since the fine young man got pepper sprayed too

After the ambulance showed up, he asked me to signal them where this was taking place. They came over and he said he used pepper spray on his and then when he took off running, got him with the taser. "I hit him on the run and he just fell right down on his face"

He had one taser probe in his head and the other centered in his back just above his waist. Evidently that placement works extremely well for neutralizing the threat.

I asked if I could leave ( two good sized guys from the ambulance crew where right there ) and he said "He didn't touch your vehicle so you may go before you get boxed in."

He thanked me for keeping watch and signaling the ambulance crew over.

Small town excitement
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2018, 6:58pm   #2
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,231 Times in 17,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

I hate how you have to buy a sheet of 12 washers. Look, I only need one, and by the time I need another one, I will have lost the rest of them, so I'll have to buy another sheet of 12 more washers.

I blame the hose washer industrial complex.

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2018, 7:04pm   #3
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I hate how you have to buy a sheet of 12 washers. Look, I only need one, and by the time I need another one, I will have lost the rest of them, so I'll have to buy another sheet of 12 more washers.

I blame the hose washer industrial complex.

I had to replace my extra washers that became brittle from age. I got the pack of garden hose washers in 1990 when the Montgomeryville Mart closed.

The "Monkey Mart" had great deals but that was where the wally world mutants hung out "back in the day"
Old 06-16-2018, 7:08pm   #4
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,161 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

you should have asked the officer, "can i Tase him now, it looks like fun!?"
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2018, 7:13pm   #5
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
you should have asked the officer, "can i Tase him now, it looks like fun!?"
The "tase-ee" looked to be in pain. Probably between doing a face plant during a sprint into the blacktop, getting lit up with the probes stuck in his head and back and the cuffs, all looked to be under control.

As I was leaving the parking lot, two local police cars plus another State Police car were heading in with lights and sirens.

Got to let them have their turn
Old 06-16-2018, 7:33pm   #6
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
The "tase-ee" looked to be in pain. Probably between doing a face plant during a sprint into the blacktop, getting lit up with the probes stuck in his head and back and the cuffs, all looked to be under control.

As I was leaving the parking lot, two local police cars plus another State Police car were heading in with lights and sirens.

Got to let them have their turn

Here in L-A, the common thing to do when someone has vehicle trouble is to just stop where ya are, get out, and stay near the vehicle. Oh no, don't try to get over to the right and then get far away from the vehicle. Either stop in the HOV, fast lane, or in the middle. Then, the folks that come along later can plow right into you. It's a scene repeated often so it can't be a one-off situation where it's just not possible to make it any further.

http://ktla.com/2018/06/15/fatal-cra...gh-seal-beach/

A father and son died in a crash on the 405 Freeway Friday morning that prompted a SigAlert for the temporary closure of multiple southbound lanes through Seal Beach.

The father was identified as Tarun Katara, 39, of Irvine, according to the Orange County Coroner. There was no immediate information released about the son.

The incident occurred near Seal Beach Boulevard after a vehicle stalled on the freeway about 2:30 a.m., said California Highway Patrol Officer Duane Graham.

Officers cleared that incident but heard about another stalled vehicle, a blue SUV, in the same area a short time later.

Following the call, a vehicle crashed into the stalled SUV, Graham said.

A father and son who were standing outside the vehicle were killed at the scene. They were identified as a 39-year-old man and his 3-year-old son, Graham said. The two were visiting Orange County from another country Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi said.

Two people inside the SUV, said to be the man's wife and 10-year-old daughter, were injured and transported to a local hospital after the crash, Concialdi said. The woman was in moderate condition and the daughter was listed in serious condition, he said.

A 47-year-old woman from Santa Ana was driving the vehicle that crashed into the SUV, Graham said. She was also hospitalized in moderate condition, Concialdi said.

A SigAlert had been issued for the carpool and four other lanes at about 3:30 a.m. All lanes had reopened on the freeway by about 6 a.m.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic