Old 08-01-2016, 9:11am   #81
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
He's from Pakistan. He then moved to the UAE, and immigrated here from there. He's a lawyer, and his law firm specializes in helping other Muslims from the UAE and other countries to immigrate here. He literally depends on Muslim immigration for his living. He also used to work for a lobbying firm with direct ties to the Clinton Foundation, Hogan Hartson and Lovells, who specialized in Saudi affairs in DC.

This is the same sort of coordinated agenda media event we saw with Ahmed the Clock Boy. You know, when you first realized that his dad was sorta making a living by pushing this sort of Muslim-persecution thing.
The clock boy story is not at all comparable; clock boy's dad was an activist that exploited his son with an intended purpose. Near as we know, the Khan family has done nothing illegal or otherwise.

The lengths you guys will stretch to defend Trump is telling.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 9:16am   #82
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
The clock boy story is not at all comparable; clock boy's dad was an activist that exploited his son with an intended purpose. Near as we know, the Khan family has done nothing illegal or otherwise.

I don't defend Trump, but you have to understand that Khan spoke at the DNC to get just that response from Trump. Like a kid, he took the bait, but the DNC stooped way low with that bait.

If I could tell Trump one thing, it's shut your f'n mouth about the military. Just smile and get back to what you understand. He screwed the pooch starting with McCain and made it worse with this current outburst-and NEVER compare your monetary output with someone who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 9:24am   #83
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,075 Times in 17,078 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:

Uh, isn't that exactly what Khan did? Keep in mind that Trump's temporary ban on Muslims entering the US will directly hurt Khan's income, since that's what he does for a living. Nope, no agenda there at all.

Look, I agree with you that Trump is no statesman. He's a blunt tool, a wrecking ball. We have a squirrel infestation in the attic. Our choice is between someone who will feed the squirrels and tell you why you should allow more squirrels in the attic to chew the electric wires and burn the house down, and a guy with poison blocks who will get rid of the squirrels and save the house, however messy that might be.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 9:25am   #84
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

Quote:
Mr. Khan has been doing this shtick for over a year now. Before Trump even mentioned a pause on Muslim immigration from certain countries. He is an "activist" in every sense of the word, in that he makes his living helping people immigrate here from Islamic countries. When Trump came out with the "Build The Wall" thing, he saw the writing on the wall. He lied during his speech at the DNC (as Bill pointed out) and knew 100% that the media would jump on anything Trump said as pushback. What is quite telling is how often this seems to work with people who get much or all their news from the alphabet networks. But they are a dying breed, as most intelligent people know what's up now. I mean, it's pretty rich having the likes of Chuck Todd grilling Trump's campaign manager over this, when the DNC email leaks show that Todd often took direction from the DNC on how to frame narratives to benefit Democrats, and specifically Hillary.

And the Clock Boy comparison is quite apt.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 9:28am   #85
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Uh, isn't that exactly what Khan did? Keep in mind that Trump's temporary ban on Muslims entering the US will directly hurt Khan's income, since that's what he does for a living. Nope, no agenda there at all.

Look, I agree with you that Trump is no statesman. He's a blunt tool, a wrecking ball. We have a squirrel infestation in the attic. Our choice is between someone who will feed the squirrels and tell you why you should allow more squirrels in the attic to chew the electric wires and burn the house down, and a guy with poison blocks who will get rid of the squirrels and save the house, however messy that might be.
Bill, I want you to notice that Craig does not address the lies by Mr. Khan. He just moves on. You can't debate someone like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 9:33am   #86
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,075 Times in 17,078 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Bill, I want you to notice that Craig does not address the lies by Mr. Khan. He just moves on. You can't debate someone like that.
The only part of this made-for-television drama that I might agree with Craig on is when the Donald says he has sacrificed for his country, too. He hasn't, and neither have the Clintons. The Donald should have just made that point, that Khan's preferred candidate hasn't sacrificed for their country either, which makes the military service issue a draw.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 9:49am   #87
Olustee bus
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,781 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1232517

All very interesting comments and I agree with most said here.

Like I said earlier, I think Trump is an idiot. However, he is quick to speak on what I think is the most important issue at this time - The increasing national debt. I have not heard anything regarding this from Hillary nor any democrat.

That and the fact that I can't stand Hillary.

I am going to hold my nose and vote trump and then cross my fingers.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olustee bus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 9:53am   #88
Olustee bus
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,781 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1232517

What is bugging me now is that We had a President kicked out of office for telling a lie that, in my estimation, was far less significant than Hillary's constant lies. And yet, she is still able to run for the Presidency.

Did I mention that I cannot stand Shrillary.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Olustee bus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 9:58am   #89
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
I can't believe I'm taking the bait...

On face value the Trump's rhetoric is anti-immigration, that's what gets the attention. And his position only changed from "all" to "some" after he got a blast of shit. Why did he get the blast? Because he said something stupid.

Building a "wall" isn't going to do shit. Most illegals come here legally and over stay their paperwork. And most of those are non-Mexican.

No I don't get news from "alphabets".

I've got to get back to work. Later.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:09am   #90
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

This is what Trump is up against. It's obvious, it's in your face, and it will be relentless for the next 98 days. And Craig, you still didn't address the fact that Mr. Khan lied several times in his speech at the DNC. Outright lies. And when Trump talked first about his pause on immigration from Muslim countries such as Syria and Afghanistan, did anybody actually think at the time he meant a religious-based ban on entry into the USA? Well, only those who take what Steve Benen puts out as anything approaching unbiased reporting I guess.

You definitely did not say to yourself "I'm sure that there will be a clarification of his policy." Which, quickly, there was. See, Trump is not a politician. He doesn't couch his words in the way a typical Washington insider pol does. He actually says what a whole lot of normal Americans are already thinking. And building a wall will definitely help, and most illegals here do not simply overstay their paperwork (although an alarming amount do.) They come over the Mexican border, and have been doing so in droves lately, encouraged by Obama and the Mexican government.

Edit: Here's a Venn diagram in case it helps you Craig.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 10:31am   #91
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post

Well said.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:36am   #92
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Activity: 81.7%

Thanked 10,872 Times in 5,072 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997

Anyway......he needs to calm down and act like an adult......
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:43am   #93
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Activity: 20.9%

Thanked 33,735 Times in 12,291 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124

All we've been hearing is the voters complaining how the nominees are lifelong political dolts; that someone out of politics is what's needed.

Trump is exactly that.

What were they expecting the non career politician to be, old "Stretch" ... the local towns handyman who is always nice and seems to have his head on straight ???

Anyone getting a nomination who does not have a lifelong political career... would have to be someone like Trump; already known nationwide.
Mike Mercury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:42am   #94
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
...And Craig, you still didn't address the fact that Mr. Khan lied several times in his speech at the DNC. Outright lies...
If Khan lied, Trump should have addressed the lies; he didn't, he responded like an a-hole, which seems to come naturally to him, and that's for a reason. He has not shown that he has the intelligence, the reason, the strategic thinking ability, or the statesmanship to lead on the Presidential level. He responded to misrepresentations with more misrepresentations; that's what he is, he doesn't know any better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 12:44pm   #95
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
If Khan lied, Trump should have addressed the lies; he didn't, he responded like an a-hole, which seems to come naturally to him, and that's for a reason. He has not shown that he has the intelligence, the reason, the strategic thinking ability, or the statesmanship to lead on the Presidential level. He responded to misrepresentations with more misrepresentations; that's what he is, he doesn't know any better.
Dam that is a perfect description of the POS that now is poising as POTUS.

Trump will do much better that obunghole, hell a pet rock could do better than obunghole.

Hill will just be a continuation of the "leadership" we NOW have in Washington!
Due to all his bullshit I now nominate NY Governor Andy (Safe Act) Cuomo to be called Governor Moonbeam (EAST)
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2016, 1:22pm   #96
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,385 Times in 13,465 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

What is comically sad is that I watched all of the Race to the White House series over the weekend. The Clinton/Bush one is interesting and worth witnessing the accusations bill hurls at Bush that are EXACTLY a reflection of his wife now.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 1:22pm   #97
Ryan Bell
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1006666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
What is bugging me now is that We had a President kicked out of office for telling a lie that, in my estimation, was far less significant than Hillary's constant lies. And yet, she is still able to run for the Presidency.
Ryan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 1:36pm   #98
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
Dam that is a perfect description of the POS that now is poising as POTUS.

Trump will do much better that obunghole, hell a pet rock could do better than obunghole.

Hill will just be a continuation of the "leadership" we NOW have in Washington!
I don't disagree.
Old 08-01-2016, 1:42pm   #99
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
I don't disagree.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 2:16pm   #100
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Well Craig, he did. You just didn't like the way he did it. In other news, Jeb Bush's top campaign adviser has switched parties and says she'll vote for Hillary. This is what Trump did to the GOPe. He has smoked out the party hacks. He's exposed their game. You just don't like the man, that's OK. He's pissing off all the right people, exposing the media/DC collaboration, and getting people like Sally Bradshaw to show her true colors. Imagine that, a top Bush adviser is going to vote for Hillary. You would have gladly voted for Jeb! Trump is just saving you from yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion