Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2019, 10:12pm   #21
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 92.4%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,142 Times in 4,337 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

As someone who flies in and out of LAX 30-40 times a year, this is BS. If you are a one or two times a year traveler, then I'd suggest studying up on the options.

I have no problems with LAX. The Lyft drivers sometimes take the less advantageous route, but it only adds 10 - 20 minutes.

If you have to stand in the cattle line to check bags, and then again because you're too cheap to buy pre-check, then you have determined your own destiny.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:04pm   #22
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
As someone who flies in and out of LAX 30-40 times a year, this is BS. If you are a one or two times a year traveler, then I'd suggest studying up on the options.

I have no problems with LAX. The Lyft drivers sometimes take the less advantageous route, but it only adds 10 - 20 minutes.

If you have to stand in the cattle line to check bags, and then again because you're too cheap to buy pre-check, then you have determined your own destiny.
I often drive to drop off/pickup at LAX. But I make it fun. If it's a drop off and in the morning, we'll stop by the IHOP kinda/sorta near. A good breakfast, some conversation about nothing but yet everything, and a leisurely stroll to the drop off point. If it's a pickup and 5pm, well, it's gonna be a while so enjoy that too. Park at the Burger King at where ever it is, I just know where to go and I'll look up the cross streets next time I need to go. Get out a book or the cell phone and I'm good. When I get the call, "I'm here". Then I make my way to arrivals. On the way back, we'll stop for dinner somewhere and again, talk about nothing but yet everything.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 2:29am   #23
Datawiz
VB Dad of the Year
RDBM
Barn Stall Owner #9

Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 28.4%

Thanked 21,043 Times in 8,310 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $35999378

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post

I take my 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19th round trip flight (next five weeks starting this Sunday) and I too am pre-check, and agree with your assessment. EWR is a shithole, and the lines are LONG...BUT pre-check is usually extremely quick.
Datawiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:30pm   #24
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 92.4%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,142 Times in 4,337 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by datawiz View Post
I take my 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19th round trip flight (next five weeks starting this Sunday) and I too am pre-check, and agree with your assessment. EWR is a shithole, and the lines are LONG...BUT pre-check is usually extremely quick.
The biggest reason for pre-check can be found at MCO. All of the kids, foreigners, etc. drawn by the theme parks make the standard security lines about an hour long, when the pre-check is 5 minutes. Also, they won't serve you a beer before 0700 on Sunday. Went through there this week, as well as BOS. BOS has really gotten better over the years but I ran into a flaw Friday; all of the restaurants and bars on the 30's gates are closed until fall 2019 Had to haul back around the horseshoe to get fed.

LGA is a pit, but the only real problem I have with it is that getting a taxi can be a bitch during prime time.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic