Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2019, 8:45pm   #21
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
In a previous thread, I was asking a price to sell my 2001 F-150 Crew Cab with 155k on the clock. I sold it for $3k and my 2005 Honda Accord LX for $1500 as a trade in for a 2016 Subaru Outback that had less than 24k miles.
I originally looked at the Honda Pilot, but after talking to some folks in parking lots, most did not like the car. One guy just bought a new one to tow with, and said it was the biggest mistake he made in that purchase. He rattled off several major issues with the suspension. Gas mileage was not that great.
I settled on the Subaru after talking with several folks that had the car. Everyone was very happy with their purchase.
Good resale value on the Subaru. When I was selling used cars, I never saw one sit on the lot for more than 48 hours, regardless of age, condition, or odometer reading. As long as it was priced decently, of course. When one arrived, it seemed like every salesman had several prospects to call and the race was on.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:28pm   #22
TripleBlack
Barn Raising I
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,046 Times in 872 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $308343

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
What turned me off with the RDX and MDX was they all need premium fuel.....at 50 cents a gallon or more then regular it's not something I want to deal with....the MDX was my first choice.

We have a 2019 RDX and while they do recommend premium, they only require 87 octane. I almost always just use mid-grade which is 89 here. Couldn't tell any significant difference in mileage/performance between mid and premium. Average MPG has been steady on 24.4. Mostly driven on the highway.

Not that sold on the RDX. Entertainment system is CRAP. Sounds okay but the interface is horrid and the nav system looks like something from 20 years ago.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy a Kia Telluride.
TripleBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:36am   #23
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Because I like facts...

I overlayed the curves on top of each other using 2018 (as in a 1 year old used car) as the 0 point to account for the Y1 factor I mentioned. The Honda is the bottom line. The Acadia is the top. Short version... If you either buy used or buy 1 of the end of year closeouts to eliminate the 1Y depreciation on the Acadia, the GMC holds it's value just as well as the Pilot (slightly better).

Yay math.
Holds it's value, ok then. Iff all values held, I'll still take the Honda.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic