Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion

C6 Open Discussion General and technical C6 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 12:00pm   #1
gmarcucio
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $582
Default Upstate NY Emerging Vettes

Am I the only crazy one in upstate New York to get the Vette out for a ride??? It's been such a long winter and it's killing me!!! I took it out yesterday for a 20 mile ride. Roads were dry since it's so cold here. I guess there were some signs of powdery salt here and there but at least it wasn't wet salt splashing up all over the car. The car stayed perfectly clean. I'm thinking at age 55 this 08 Vert is going to outlast me so why not. Anyone else had their car out for a ride?
gmarcucio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 1:02pm   #2
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 29.1%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,802 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcucio View Post
Am I the only crazy one in upstate New York to get the Vette out for a ride??? It's been such a long winter and it's killing me!!! I took it out yesterday for a 20 mile ride. Roads were dry since it's so cold here. I guess there were some signs of powdery salt here and there but at least it wasn't wet salt splashing up all over the car. The car stayed perfectly clean. I'm thinking at age 55 this 08 Vert is going to outlast me so why not. Anyone else had their car out for a ride?
Soon guy soon. I live on the Sacandaga Reservoir and I still have a few feet of snow by the roads and a lot of sand and a little salt still on the roads up here for me to get the Z out.

Shit I still have my plow hanging on the PU just in case, as up here you never known.

See you in the better weather (SOON)
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 1:57pm   #3
VatorMan
Barn Stall Owner #122
NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'17
Activity: 11.2%

Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1158963

You'd be surprised at the amount of salt that gets past the plastic fender inserts. I helped a buddy install a tow hook on his GS and we had to take the front clip off. Part of that is removing the fender well inserts. It was loaded around all the light connections...etc... I learned a valuable lesson from that.

Not saying don't drive your car, but be sure and take off the inner fender inserts and get all the crud out afterward.
VatorMan is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion