Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2016, 9:17pm   #41
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3335

"Correct the record"
My miniscule knowledge of any facts will never correct any records!

I am Joe public and take things at face value

I did not vote for Obama BUT I was able to buy my first Corvette during his presidency but rest assured it's more related to my age than him
thecornerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 9:27pm   #42
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,660 Times in 13,631 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucwheat View Post
She is a pig,why can't her supporters see that.
Because free shit.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 9:14am   #43
Hoog
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $123317

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
You stated

Which is 100% untrue and frankly I'm getting tired of people who back any candidate saying this falsehood.

Back the guy/gal you want but don't be surprised when people bull out the card with statements like that.

I'm out.
w/TxAg

....and that scares the shit out of me....

1) Johnson's comment on BLM was that he had his head in the sand regarding the imbalance of police scrutiny/force/imprisonment of blacks vs. whites, and BLM brought it into a wider consciousness. It was in no way an endorsement for their extended agenda or tactics.

2) Johnson has consistently pulled more percentage points from Hillary than Trump when added to polling. I laugh because Hillary voters same the same thing, "a vote for Johnson is a vote for Trump."
Hoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 3:15pm   #44
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138

There are exactly two candidates with a non-zero chance of winning the election. It's already an uphill battle to go against the Democrats, their allies in the MSM, and the GOPe and their entrenched uniparty DC-based apparatchiks who are entirely willing to sell this country to the globalists for pennies on the dollar. Hillary is their only hope. She's it. So if you vote for any other candidate other than Trump it is a de facto vote for Hillary. It just is. You can try to justify it to make yourselves feel better, telling yourself that you are just following your Constitutional values or whatever. It doesn't matter. If she wins, the Constitution - what's left of it - will be utterly shredded, stomped, and discarded. She'll appoint three or four new justices to the Supreme Court, and that will be the end of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and who knows what other amendments.

It isn't even a difficult argument to make because it is simply reality. If you don't vote against Hillary, you are not helping. You are throwing away your vote, and enabling the globalist hooks to be sunk so deeply into the very fabric of our country that it will be essentially over. You can imagine that we can weather the next 4 or 8 years and then rebound, but you'd be wrong. It is nearly too late now.

Trump has completed a hostile takeover of the Republican party. It is something I'd never thought I'd see in my lifetime. It's an incredible feat that is backed up by a record number of primary votes. All those votes aren't by hicks, hayseeds, idiots, racists, or whatever other tag the media wants to assign to his supporters. It's a cross section of normal Americans who have discerned a historical opportunity to stop the globalists from absorbing our republic into their plans.

Trump was the only available candidate who actually could accomplish this. Most were just GOPe placeholders who were just supposed to help in one state. The idea was to get Jeb the nomination with about 20% of the overall Republican vote. Cruz had no chance, for a whole slew of reasons. Hell, he'll probably get primaried by Perry in a couple of years. Nope, we needed someone who can't be bought, who could take the slings and arrows coming from all directions, a person who could remake one party into something that actually represents people who are citizens in this country, while dealing a major blow to the Soros/Clinton/Obama/MSM/uniparty globalists.

If this makes the #NeverTrump crowd angry, or they feel like it's unfair, welp sorry but you are literally part of the problem right now and frankly it's a bit sickening.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cybercowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2016, 4:46pm   #45
Fasglas
Barn Stall Owner #457
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 77.6%

Thanked 5,091 Times in 2,389 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10200183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
There are exactly two candidates with a non-zero chance of winning the election. It's already an uphill battle to go against the Democrats, their allies in the MSM, and the GOPe and their entrenched uniparty DC-based apparatchiks who are entirely willing to sell this country to the globalists for pennies on the dollar. Hillary is their only hope. She's it. So if you vote for any other candidate other than Trump it is a de facto vote for Hillary. It just is. You can try to justify it to make yourselves feel better, telling yourself that you are just following your Constitutional values or whatever. It doesn't matter. If she wins, the Constitution - what's left of it - will be utterly shredded, stomped, and discarded. She'll appoint three or four new justices to the Supreme Court, and that will be the end of the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and who knows what other amendments.

It isn't even a difficult argument to make because it is simply reality. If you don't vote against Hillary, you are not helping. You are throwing away your vote, and enabling the globalist hooks to be sunk so deeply into the very fabric of our country that it will be essentially over. You can imagine that we can weather the next 4 or 8 years and then rebound, but you'd be wrong. It is nearly too late now.

If this makes the #NeverTrump crowd angry, or they feel like it's unfair, welp sorry but you are literally part of the problem right now and frankly it's a bit sickening.

Actually, it's LOT sickening.

I heard recently that Obama is on Hillary's short list for SC appointment. THAT in itself, speaks volumes.
Fasglas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fasglas For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2016, 9:59am   #46
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoog View Post
w/TxAg

....and that scares the shit out of me....

1) Johnson's comment on BLM was that he had his head in the sand regarding the imbalance of police scrutiny/force/imprisonment of blacks vs. whites, and BLM brought it into a wider consciousness. It was in no way an endorsement for their extended agenda or tactics.

2) Johnson has consistently pulled more percentage points from Hillary than Trump when added to polling. I laugh because Hillary voters same the same thing, "a vote for Johnson is a vote for Trump."
Here is where my bias shows. After many Third Party candidates have come off as looney, I didn't research something I read. So, reading somewhere that Johnson was a BLM supporter, my thoughts of just another Third Party Loon was once again validated. Without any research I might add.
Your post made me go looking for what he did say. However, I don't agree with his theory. But I know what he said.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:20am   #47
Craig
Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 5.2%

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,953 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1037769

Quote:
There are exactly two candidates with a non-zero chance of winning the election.
There's actually three, but anyway...

I'm doing the same thing I always do, I'm voting for the best qualified candidate; I wish everyone would.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:27am   #48
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
Cute. 14 posts, most using CTR talking points geared towards promoting Hilary as a viable choice, using really lame tactics. Either that or you are so new to the Internet that this post makes no sense.
I was just reading thru the post, with a very open mind by the way and noticed that I only have 8 post!
so either that includes posts from other threads or you are not very trust worthy with your facts!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:17pm   #49
thecornerman
Vette Barn Crew

This used to work before they included women!

Now it could go either way

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic