Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2015, 5:19pm   #1
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,555 Times in 5,697 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default Punks and Robots, and shit....

The hitch hiking robot thread for some reason reminded me about the Katrina trip I made for Parsons-Brinkerhoff subs for FEMA.....ten years ago....

I went with a buddy who needed work, and left my/wife startup company to handle a few jobs....and so off to Houston from Jax .....training for a weekend, then out in the field......Houston shipping channel, handling false claims for hurry cain damages.....

BUT the fun part was after 3 days in the field....we needed a bathroom/shower so on day 3 we got a CHEEEEEEEP motel around the inner loop of the Houston freeway and I 10....and so we showered up and dinner/snacks, and hit the phones for next days appointments.....so we doing our calls, and about 9 pm or so this rapping on the door, I look out the window....hooker looking for business dressed up good....

we ignore the knock and go back to business, but turn out all possible lights, trying to duck getting notices.....a while later TWO hookers on the door, and so same treatment, but this time we go out to the trucks and grab our valuable gear, and my .357......buried in the pile of crap.....and of course it was loaded, and more ammo in a box....so back inside we back to work, long about 10PM some LOUD banging on the door, hollering, Johnny dumps the call routine and calls the cops, the cardboard door starts flexing, and the hammering forcing getting LOUD, Johnny tells the cops that GENO is laying on the floor with 357 HP rounds leveled straight at the door, they best get there NOW!!!! Cops showed up almost a minit later.....

we checked out that night/ next AM, paid nothing as I recall,.....and slept in the trucks yet again....2 daze later I headed back east, not putting up with that stone miss managed .gov bullshit any more.....

And people wonder why I have NO respect for the entire .gov structure....

not to mention the on site total experiences.....what a mess......

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic