Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2020, 11:05am   #21
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 41,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13.0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Uranus. Yes, urs.
Posts: 9,911
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 7,002 Times in 2,395 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2298563
Default

Houston Coach: "Black lives do matter". Yeaaahhh right buddy...the only black lives that matter to you are the $100M per copy crybabies you're counting on for a winning season.

KC Coach: "We can all learn from this". No lessons to be learned here. We already know what a bunch of full of shit sycophants you are.

Oh...and I didn't even know the game was on. Pro sports, including, sadly, baseball, is not on my radar.

Just one big ole'
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 8:50pm   #22
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 58,289, Level: 100
Activity: 42.3%
 
carlton_fritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brains and bewbs. The motherload.
Posts: 31,832
Thanks: 13,528
Thanked 4,728 Times in 2,819 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $48204162
Default

Teddy Daniels



6d ·



Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonald’s for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans.

Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19-year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday or any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like-minded Americans to boycott the NFL.

National boycott of the NFL is November 8th & 15th in honor of Veteran’s Day, November 11. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military - some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.
Add MLB, NBA, and any other sport that kneels to this
carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 7:40pm   #23
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 58,289, Level: 100
Activity: 42.3%
 
carlton_fritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brains and bewbs. The motherload.
Posts: 31,832
Thanks: 13,528
Thanked 4,728 Times in 2,819 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $48204162
Default

..
Attached Thumbnails
119459127_10218688604671809_1870238777562734591_n.jpg  

carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 7:55pm   #24
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Points: 13,156, Level: 79
Activity: 98.6%
 
z06psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GFY and STFU'ville
Posts: 5,905
Thanks: 832
Thanked 7,272 Times in 3,020 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $27249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post
Teddy Daniels



6d ·



Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonald’s for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans.

Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19-year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday or any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like-minded Americans to boycott the NFL.

National boycott of the NFL is November 8th & 15th in honor of Veteran’s Day, November 11. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military - some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.
Add MLB, NBA, and any other sport that kneels to this
Why wait until November?

**** that. I started Thursday night.
z06psi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 9:06pm   #25
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Points: 41,073, Level: 100
Activity: 13.0%
 
Iron Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Uranus. Yes, urs.
Posts: 9,911
Thanks: 1,522
Thanked 7,002 Times in 2,395 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2298563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlton_fritz View Post
Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.
While I agree with this 100%, there will be no boycott. Americans in general are just too addicted to sports and they won't do it. As much as we hate to admit it, sadly, we know this to be true. While I was working at the golf course today, almost everyone I spoke with wanted to get home in time for the Cowboy game. The guy in the pro shop was watching the Buccaneers on his phone.

And people don't pay any more attention to "open letters" than they do a censure by the United Nations.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 11:20pm   #26
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Points: 27,553, Level: 100
Activity: 28.9%
 
Wathen1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodland, CA
Posts: 8,711
Thanks: 4,873
Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,413 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1523405
Default

Jaguars-Colts is the only NFL franchise that will have any fans in attendance at today’s games.

I wonder if TV attendance will be down?
Wathen1955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 4:29am   #27
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Points: 13,156, Level: 79
Activity: 98.6%
 
z06psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GFY and STFU'ville
Posts: 5,905
Thanks: 832
Thanked 7,272 Times in 3,020 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $27249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
Jaguars-Colts is the only NFL franchise that will have any fans in attendance at today’s games.



I wonder if TV attendance will be down?
Yes. Down a lot.

There will be a story about it this week.
z06psi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 4:37am   #28
Thomas
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Points: 75,845, Level: 100
Activity: 33.6%
 
Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bukkake ruined my carpet
Posts: 25,547
Thanks: 3,745
Thanked 10,177 Times in 4,683 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
While I agree with this 100%, there will be no boycott. Americans in general are just too addicted to sports and they won't do it. As much as we hate to admit it, sadly, we know this to be true. While I was working at the golf course today, almost everyone I spoke with wanted to get home in time for the Cowboy game. The guy in the pro shop was watching the Buccaneers on his phone.

And people don't pay any more attention to "open letters" than they do a censure by the United Nations.
He’s right you know.
Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2020, 8:32pm   #29
bigblock427
A Real Barner
Points: 3,652, Level: 40
Activity: 62.4%
 
bigblock427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,460
Thanks: 1,361
Thanked 2,350 Times in 874 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6022
Default

bigblock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigblock427 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 12:12am   #30
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Points: 27,553, Level: 100
Activity: 28.9%
 
Wathen1955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Woodland, CA
Posts: 8,711
Thanks: 4,873
Thanked 3,898 Times in 1,413 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1523405
Default

Finally an ex coach with balls: Mike Ditka tells NFL players to get the hell out if they can’t respect U.S.A.

Quote:
Mike Ditka was a guest on Newsmax and he delivered exactly what the program expected, telling NFL players, “if you can’t respect this country, get the hell out.”
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2...allas-cowboys/

Wathen1955 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wathen1955 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 9:11am   #31
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 111,389, Level: 100
Activity: 47.7%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 44,475
Thanks: 14,141
Thanked 18,171 Times in 8,829 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2618636
Default

bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 7:46pm   #32
carlton_fritz
Barn Stall Owner #1991
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 58,289, Level: 100
Activity: 42.3%
 
carlton_fritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brains and bewbs. The motherload.
Posts: 31,832
Thanks: 13,528
Thanked 4,728 Times in 2,819 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $48204162
Default

..
Attached Thumbnails
119458988_660175721568762_1115866799845470479_n.jpg  

carlton_fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carlton_fritz For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:55pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page