Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

View Poll Results: So?
It's a choice 17 44.74%
It's not a choice 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2023, 8:24am   #41
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,194 Times in 4,609 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

All things in life is what you chose, except for genetic disposition, take ownership, do not blame others!!
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 8:30am   #42
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 33.5%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,396 Times in 1,860 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademaker View Post
None of my business, really don't give a shit.
My problem is when queers take it upon themselves to attempt to make me give a shit via the scumbag media/social media blasting their opinions all over the place come June 1.
Whether or not it is a choice isn't for me to decide.
What your lifestyle is, thats your own business (problem?) How about just keeping it to yourself. This continuously sticking it in my face got old quite a while back. I/we do not need to be continually bombarded by all the nonsense I see on TV and especially all the weirdness shown on the news programs.

I have had some dam good gay friends over the years and guess what they do not like this either. About the only way you would know their a bit different is a long time decent relationship with them. One of my bosses I had was gay, he would talk about it with friends only if you brought the subject up. One of the best bosses and basically decent person I knew was gay. He never had a problem being accepted.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 8:34am   #43
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Egg + seed ensures the species survives, and is normal in all beings.
It's called pro-creation.

A person can love the same sex; father + son, brother+ brother, mom, sis, neighbors, friends, cousins, etc...

A life of celibacy is a choice.
Having an intimate relationship with same sex is a choice.
There are heteros that choose not to have kids.
Two cousins banging like gorillas in heat is a choice.
A father inappropriately touching a daughter is a choice.
A teacher taking on the middle school football team is a choice.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 8:55am   #44
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 2.9%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,128 Times in 5,357 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
That's the mental illness part.

Hetrosexual people dont choose, because their attraction to the opposite sex is natural and instinctive.
For me, I think of it as an anomaly of nature, versus mental illness. A deviation from the norm, with the norm obviously being heterosexuality. I look at it as crossed wires, I guess. For me, I don’t feel it’s mental illness in the traditional sense.

Personally, I believe that something is happening in vitro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
While I think it's hardwired into some people, I also think that they became that way due to early life experiences. "Imprinting" exists and stays with the animal usually for life. I have "imprinted" many foals and those lessons have always stuck with that animal. A horse will remember everything that happens to it for the first 24 hours of life. During that first 24 hours, you pick up the horses' feet many times, you open its mouth and examine the teeth, you put halters on the horse, you look in its ears. All the while making it a good experience for the horse. For the rest of its life, it will remember that and be good about having its hoofs done and its teeth floated. Humans are nothing but animals with a better vocabulary.

I also think the sudden rise in numbers of those choosing that lifestyle is largely being driven due to social pressures to be "special", social media glorifying it, and general desire to be part of a group. I look at the young people who are dying their hair blue and having hog rings installed in their noses and, almost to a tee, they were all repulsive before they had the modifications installed. They seem to figure that if they cannot attract the opposite sex, they will simply form their own freak club and date within that.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
Egg + seed ensures the species survives, and is normal in all beings.
It's called pro-creation.

A person can love the same sex; father + son, brother+ brother, mom, sis, neighbors, friends, cousins, etc...

A life of celibacy is a choice.
Having an intimate relationship with same sex is a choice.
There are heteros that choose not to have kids.
Two cousins banging like gorillas in heat is a choice.
A father inappropriately touching a daughter is a choice.
A teacher taking on the middle school football team is a choice.
Correct.

But you’re talking about fulfilling the act versus sexual attraction/orientation.

Everything one does during the day is a choice. I love Chinese food, but I choose not to eat it everyday.

You can be gay but choose not to have sexual relations just like you can be straight and decide the same.

Time to make the donuts.
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 9:08am   #45
Strats-N-Vettes
SOME Real Barner
Activity: 8.1%

Thanked 25,339 Times in 9,150 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
Correct.
But you’re talking about fulfilling the act versus sexual attraction/orientation.

Everything one does during the day is a choice. I love Chinese food, but I choose not to eat it everyday.

You can be gay but choose not to have sexual relations just like you can be straight and decide the same

No I'm not.
I am talking about love vs. intimacy.
Sexual attraction is nothing more than lust.

red
No; you can love somebody (same sex) very very dearly and not lust after them/want to be intimate.
Where as; you can love somebody (hetero), be intimate, and procreate.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 9:09am   #46
Giraffe (He/Him)
Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
I have "imprinted" many foals and those lessons have always stuck with that animal. A horse will remember everything that happens to it for the first 24 hours of life. During that first 24 hours, you pick up the horses' feet many times, you open its mouth and examine the teeth, you put halters on the horse, you look in its ears. All the while making it a good experience for the horse. For the rest of its life, it will remember that and be good about having its hoofs done and its teeth floated.
I will argue this all day long. I’ve had a lot of whelps come through this house and from the instant they hit the ground I started handling paws.

I’d say my success rate is about 50/50 when it comes to nails. Some stand there like it’s no big deal and some take four adult men to wrestle for nails.
Giraffe (He/Him) is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 9:10am   #47
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,790 Times in 4,049 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rickles View Post
It's all about morals....

"The moral sense refers first and foremost to our predisposition to evaluate some actions as virtuous, or morally good, and others as evil, or morally bad. Morality, thus, consists of the urge or predisposition to judge human actions as either right or wrong in terms of their consequences for other human beings."

Good vs bad...what's to be tested next......?

It, the lifestyle of others, is each a personal choice/decision/mindset/inbred/inherited, whatever. Will all become commonplace, ghey, trans, straight, all mixed up in this crazy place called earth....

I just want my Corvette parade!
This ^ is a good post!

It's not about whether the guy next to you is a homo or not, whether the girl with the purple hair and nuts and bolts all over her head is a lesbo or not.

We are under a Marxist assault on Western civilization itself (been going on for decades) which is based on Christianity. Marxists hate our culture, our biological families, our Biblically-based moral sense of right and wrong, of absolute truths and absolute falsehoods.

They want to destroy everything, they want to separate us from our kids and make the kids property of the state so they can properly indoctrinate them when young, without parents "interfering." You can hear them say this, in soft language -- so far.

They believe in moral relativity, meaning it is not always wrong to steal, burn, or kill -- all depending on the ideology of the victim. If you are a conservative, you know what I mean.

So maybe you don't care that your neighbor is a homo, but the movement that normalizes it has the destruction of our civilization as its ultimate goal, and anyone standing in the way will be silenced or crushed.
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 9:17am   #48
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 72.7%

Thanked 33,441 Times in 11,746 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

I couldn't possibly care any less what two consenting adults do in private. Just don't force me to celebrate it with a "pride" month, parades, etc. And DON'T forcibly display it in front of children with drag shows, etc.

BTW, what month is set aside to celebrate the 99% of "normal" people? Oh, there isn't one? Weird...
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 9:24am   #49
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,971 Times in 2,427 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

I do not believe it is a choice and they are just wired that way, and that's perfectly fine.

I have many gay friends and some I consider "besties", almost like family members. They don't push any agenda on me at all. Heck, with one of my buddies we watch football and drink beer, talk about cars etc and it's just like hanging out with any other dude. Guarantee any of you fools would even know he was gay if you met him.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 9:28am   #50
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 9,194 Times in 4,609 Posts

I am unaware of any genetic studies that show a consistency among those who are gay, if you know more please post,,, thanks.
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 9:52am   #51
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE View Post
For the crowd that states it’s a choice, here’s some food for thought…

If being gay is a choice, the implication is that one can choose not to be attracted to the same sex. Since it’s a choice, they can choose not to be attracted to the same sex.

So, when did you all choose not to be attracted to men? Since sexual attraction is a choice, then each of you had to make an intentional and deliberate choice not to be attracted to men.

The answer is that you did not choose. Your sexual attraction is for the opposite sex and always has been. You have no attraction to the same sex. In fact, it is repulsive for you to imagine sexual activity with the same sex.

Someone who is gay has the same lack of attraction to the opposite sex. They can not choose to be attracted to the opposite sex any more than you could choose to be attracted to the same sex.

Anyhow, that’s my take. Just food for thought.
In most cases I agree with this but I'm sure you are aware of cases where childhood trauma was the source of the switch to the other team.

I did not decide to be hetero. It was decided for me thankfully. I knew before I even started first grade that I liked girls. I spent most of my life chasing them. At my current age, I'm better at chasing them away.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:10am   #52
MY03C5Z
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I couldn't possibly care any less what two consenting adults do in private. Just don't force me to celebrate it with a "pride" month, parades, etc. And DON'T forcibly display it in front of children with drag shows, etc.

BTW, what month is set aside to celebrate the 99% of "normal" people? Oh, there isn't one? Weird...

I ask my wife all the time when I hear about these special months: ‘So when is straight, normal, hard working white man pride month again?’ Oh right, shut up whitey and get back to work…..
MY03C5Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MY03C5Z For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 10:25am   #53
Unsuspicious
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 1,848 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
I am unaware of any genetic studies that show a consistency among those who are gay, if you know more please post,,, thanks.
Genetics aren't the be all end all. My current belief is neonatal environment is responsible for many disorders that aren't genetic errors, including the gay and autism just as many already understand fetal alcohol syndrome not being a genetically based disorder.

I honestly don't think we're that far off from some ****ed up gay scientist figuring out what hormone levels are needed in the pregnant woman to make a gay baby and it will become a choice if a parent wants a gay child.
We're already dealing with the ethics of deaf people intentionally choosing embryos that will become deaf babies.
Unsuspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 11:00am   #54
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts

I don't think it's a choice. You're born queer. At least that's how it used to be. My graduating class of HS was like 1200 people. Two were openly gay. This was 1979.

A friend of mine has a daughter who graduated HS in 2019 and he stated 40% of her class identified as gay. His daughter ID's as gay. I don't think she is. She stated the gay kids got special treatment and were not held accountable, so it was an easy choice. And kids go where it's easy. So I think today, in 2023, many who are playing the 'gay' card are not really gay, just too fat and unattractive to get a mate of the opposite sex.
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 11:41am   #55
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticCling View Post
I do not believe it is a choice and they are just wired that way, and that's perfectly fine.

I have many gay friends and some I consider "besties", almost like family members. They don't push any agenda on me at all. Heck, with one of my buddies we watch football and drink beer, talk about cars etc and it's just like hanging out with any other dude. Guarantee any of you fools would even know he was gay if you met him.
Yeah, I've met that guy. You totally think he is straight as an arrow, until one day, you realize his cock tastes like shit more often than not.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 11:52am   #56
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 23.0%

Thanked 6,079 Times in 2,562 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448

All of you that replied to a nOOb troll need to put yourself in check.

A choice or not, if you are attracted to the same sex, you are an oddity. No matter how many surgeries, make up, or anything will allow you to have children or to produce semen. Not CumDog, just semen.
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:25pm   #57
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,579 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe (He/Him) View Post
,,, and how insecure do you gotta be that you need an entire ****in’ month to celebrate.

The gays saw that the blacks were getting a whole month so they demanded a whole month as well.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 12:29pm   #58
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 48.2%

Thanked 4,310 Times in 1,964 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

The irony of taking, a “pole”….
Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Rickles For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 1:46pm   #59
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
No I'm not.
I am talking about love vs. intimacy.

red
No; you can love somebody (same sex) very very dearly and not lust after them/want to be intimate.
Where as; you can love somebody (hetero), be intimate, and procreate.

I don't agree with that. I believe there is more involved in sexual attraction.

It will have to be something we just don't agree on.
Old 06-16-2023, 2:05pm   #60
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsuspicious View Post
Genetics aren't the be all end all. My current belief is neonatal environment is responsible for many disorders that aren't genetic errors, including the gay and autism just as many already understand fetal alcohol syndrome not being a genetically based disorder.
I was just about to type this same thought.

There has been some pretty interesting research about homosexuality in men (and even femininity or feminine features for non-homosexual men) based on fraternal birth order. The basic idea is that mothers develop antibodies against a Y-linked protein important in male brain development. The antibodies become more likely with each male pregnancy. They think that this can alter brain structure and impact sexual orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
In most cases I agree with this but I'm sure you are aware of cases where childhood trauma was the source of the switch to the other team.
Agreed. I don't think it is the majority of cases, but I do think that a trauma can be severe enough to have impacts. I feel like severe traumas (sexual assault, for example) can impact someone's brain strongly enough to fundamentally change them, their brain chemistry and the way they process life in general. I look at it in the same light as someone suffering from PTSD.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic