Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-21-2011, 10:45am   #41
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I
Activity: 0%

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10432620

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra_ta View Post
No, we never really knew. Especially with Son he was always healthy.
Lady had had some issues in the past. That poor girl had been through some $hit her lifetime. Frank, my mentor and the person that basically gave her to me got her from his father. She was given to his father as a 2yr old. She was being trained to go 'big lick' padded Walking Horse. From what Frank said, she was something to see when she was up on pads. I could never own a padded horse, I don't believe in that and all that goes with it. Anyway, a barn hand accidentally let Lady out and took off at a dead run across the pasture (I can only imagine what she was like at 2, she was a handful at 22, LOL!) While running, she ripped the pads off, taking most of her hooves with them. The vet said there was nothing he could do and wanted to put her down right then. Frank's father said she was too good of a horse to give up on her and he thought he could get her healed up. Her owner told him if he could heal her he could have her. So he took her home and made a sling from the rafters to go around her behind her front legs so she wouldn't have to stand with her weight on her front hooves. The vet gave her meds for pain and Frank's dad made up a potion he dressed her hooves with every day and they grew back. Then a few years later she was being bred live cover and the stud tore a hole in her side with his front hoof. Again, Frank's dad healed her up but it left a mark on her side that stayed the rest of her life. It was scar tissue from that that the vets think contributed to her colic.
She was such a wonderful mare, I'm so happy Frank's dad was able to save her so many years ago.

My goat was something else, lol! She was raised with dogs and even lived in a house for a period of time. She would even chase the mailman. When she was given to me she was no longer a house goat, which was just fine because I think I'd have to draw the line with letting a goat live in the house. She still wanted to be a lap goat from time to time though.

No, no horse will be able to replace Shadow but the new one will hopefully help take your mind off of her loss.
You sound like somebody I would be really good friends with in real life. Somebody tried to give me a house goat, it had lived in their house for 2 years. Pardon my french, but WTF???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller View Post
Let's take our time on that last bit, OK?
Jim, sometimes when I post things after I take my Ambien I read them the next day and am, again, WTF? I mean it's never anything too crazy and never anything I'm don't mean (yet) but my "you prolly shouldn't say that in real life" censor gets turned off. I think I should refrain in the future...
Barn Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:12am   #42
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Babe View Post
You sound like somebody I would be really good friends with in real life. Somebody tried to give me a house goat, it had lived in their house for 2 years. Pardon my french, but WTF???

Actually,you gals would get along great. You don't want a "lap" goat?
Superstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:17am   #43
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938

Quote:

Jim, sometimes when I post things after I take my Ambien I read them the next day and am, again, WTF? I mean it's never anything too crazy and never anything I'm don't mean (yet) but my "you prolly shouldn't say that in real life" censor gets turned off. I think I should refrain in the future...
I agree, it's too bad we live several states apart.

I'm not sure what the intrigue is in having a goat live in the house. It's bad enough with a 60lb Lab that thinks (knows??) she runs the place!
nhra_ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:30am   #44
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstreet View Post
Actually,you gals would get along great. You don't want a "lap" goat?
I actually already have one! If I sit on the log in the pasture, one of the pygmies tries to get in my lap. I used to let her when she was a baby...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38am   #45
Superstreet
Barn Stall Owner #28
Activity: 0.9%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,193 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1346307

Quote:
I actually already have one! If I sit on the log in the pasture, one of the pygmies tries to get in my lap. I used to let her when she was a baby...

Sounds like she still does. How old is she now?
Superstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48am   #46
nhra_ta
Barn Stall Owner #36

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6938

Quote:
Awww... Animals are so much fun!
nhra_ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51am   #47
Barn Babe
Charter Member
Barn Raising I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstreet View Post
Sounds like she still does. How old is she now?
~4

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic