Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2017, 7:13pm   #1
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
bilmem Return email from PA's one Rep and one Dem Senators

Pete made a video on how screwed up the healthcare is and how up to 10 million folks were left behind with the ACA

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/...k-updates.html

On March 17, 2017 I sent the link to the video plus an explanation of my views and what I thought should be done to both my Senators. I got the "canned response" shortly after that they received my emails.

On March 20, 2017 I got an email response from Sen Toomey's office

Quote:
March 20, 2017

Dear Jeffery,
Thank you for contacting my office about President Obama's health care law. I appreciate hearing from you.

President Obama's health care law is fundamentally wrong in its approach to improving our nation's health care system. It forces people to buy overpriced health plans they do not want, hikes taxes, and puts important and personal health care decisions in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats instead of patients and their doctors. News of skyrocketing health insurance premium increases--32.5 percent on average in Pennsylvania--coupled with the fact that 40 percent of Pennsylvanians now live in areas with no health insurance competition, show just how Obamacare's broken promises are hurting Pennsylvanians.

For the tens of thousands of Pennsylvania families suffering from higher health care costs and fewer choices, it's good news that an alternative plan has been on the table. This is an important first step in a process that deserves careful consideration. While I continue to review the House Republicans' plan and follow the ongoing legislative process in that chamber, I will insist on a health care system that empowers families and individuals to access the care they need, at a price they can afford, from a doctor they choose.

Additionally, I believe that as Obamacare is repealed and we transition to a better health care system, we cannot pull the rug out from under anyone who is currently covered by Obamacare. This means federal assistance should be maintained for a period of time until an affordable, consumer-driven alternative is permitted.

Please know that I understand your concerns about the flaws in the current American health care system. As Congress continues to debate health care reform, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.
Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
Sincerely,

Signature

Today, July 24, 2017 I finally got a response from Sen Casey.

Quote:
6:36 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Dear Mr. D_______:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about the Affordable Care Act. I appreciate hearing from you about this issue.

In 2010, Congress passed and President Obama signed into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. I voted for this legislation and continue to support the law today. I support this law because I believe that it reflects our Nation’s commitment to ensuring access to health care for all Americans. Since its passage, we have made significant strides in improving our health care system: 20 million individuals have obtained health insurance; insurance companies are no longer able to discriminate against individuals with pre-existing conditions, women or older Americans; and senior citizens have saved more than $20 billion on the cost of prescription drugs. I respect the views of those who remain opposed to the Affordable Care Act, and appreciate understanding how we can improve upon the current law. However, I fundamentally believe that we must build upon and expand the important progress that we have achieved.

I am actively working on commonsense solutions to improve our health care system. I recently joined several of my colleagues in introducing a bill to bring down prescription drug costs by allowing the importation of drugs from Canada. I also support creating a Medicare-like “public option” to compete with private insurance and provide consumers with more choices. I have also proposed changes to the Affordable Care Act itself, such as making it easier for families to access the law’s tax credit for health insurance when one spouse already has insurance at work. Please be assured that I will continue to work on this issue, and remain committed to ensuring that every American has access to quality, affordable health care.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about this or any other matter of importance to you.

For more information on this or other issues, I encourage you to visit my web site, http://casey.senate.gov. I invite you to use this online office as a comprehensive resource to stay up-to-date on my work in Washington, request assistance from my office or share with me your thoughts on the issues that matter most to you and to Pennsylvania.

Sincerely,
Bob Casey
United States Senator

Thanks for the prompt reply Sen Casey. You make me feel like you have my best interests at heart.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 7:26pm   #2
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Here's a tip:

If you really want your Congressional representatives, regardless of party affiliation, to actually listen to you and to have some actual influence on their vote, make an appointment, go to their office and meet with them in person.

Be sure to bring $50,000 in cash with you. Small, unmarked bills, please. They will need the money, because unlike my representatives, they forgot to ask you for a contribution in their standard reply letter.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 7:29pm   #3
OddBall
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Thanked 10,517 Times in 5,423 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $29466197

You're not going to convince a senator to go against anything that keeps his voters under control. The only reason you got a response at all is probably because the interns finally got to your letter, and sent out the standard issue response.
OddBall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OddBall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2017, 7:37pm   #4
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 21,887 Times in 8,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
You're not going to convince a senator to go against anything that keeps his voters under control. The only reason you got a response at all is probably because the interns finally got to your letter, and sent out the standard issue response.
All they did was put my name in the top of the form letter and hit "send"

At least Toomey sent it within three DAYS instead of four MONTHS like Casey did.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2017, 9:28pm   #5
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 11,501 Times in 5,025 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

When it boils down to it, those bastards do what they want, not what we want. They are in it for self enrichment, and entitlement. We don't really have a say...
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2017, 4:44am   #6
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
When it boils down to it, those bastards do what they want, not what we want. They are in it for self enrichment, and entitlement. We don't really have a say...
Term limits of a dozen years.....2 6 year terms in senate, or 6 2 year terms in house.....or say 6 in Senate, and 6 in house.....

after that, they have to return to their home state in another occupation, nothing to do with laws/lobbying/revolving doors, etc.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 5:23am   #7
VITE1
Barn Stall Owner #69
Bantayan Kids '14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 12,540 Times in 5,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1084134

Asking the politicians to fix healthcare is like asking the mechanic who put your transmission on backwards to fix your car.

Government broke the HC system in America. We have to get them out of the business, along with many others, or we will still suffer.
VITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VITE1 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic