Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2022, 1:08pm   #61
Learpilot
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 2,638 Times in 855 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 View Post
You're leaving the forum?
Learpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 1:15pm   #62
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 46.0%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,186 Times in 4,360 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I'll have to agree with you on this. I had a deep dislike for Obama. DEEP. That said, if I was on a sports team, or did something extraordinary, and was invited to meet the president, I would proudly go. My deed or my feat did not pick a time to happen based on WHO was in office. It is my accomplishment and my reward to meet the president.

I despise Brandon. He is still (in a limited capacity) the president and given the chance to meet him, I would as an honor to ME. I would compare it to winning a car you would never drive on a game show. You won. That's the important thing. My opinion of him or it, would not change.
I can respect this view, as I served under CinC's for years and followed orders and respected the position. I would shake Biden's hand, and in a quiet tone, tell him that he's done more to destroy this republic than any president in history. I still have respect for Carter, as he continues to follow his morals, whether I agree with him, or not. Biden is a different animal altogether. He seems to have zero ability to look forward, and has no compass. His administration pulls crap like the disinformation org, and then seems puzzled as to why people lost their shit about it. I hated leaders like this when I was working, and now we have one in the most important position in the country. I can only hope that the congress gets swapped in November so that we only have to endure 2 years of his inadequacies without checks and balances.

Same goes for the so-called conservative Republicans that seem to be looking out for themselves. They're selling out the country as bad as anyone else.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 1:38pm   #63
Learpilot
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
I can respect this view, as I served under CinC's for years and followed orders and respected the position. I would shake Biden's hand, and in a quiet tone, tell him that he's done more to destroy this republic than any president in history. I still have respect for Carter, as he continues to follow his morals, whether I agree with him, or not. Biden is a different animal altogether. He seems to have zero ability to look forward, and has no compass. His administration pulls crap like the disinformation org, and then seems puzzled as to why people lost their shit about it. I hated leaders like this when I was working, and now we have one in the most important position in the country. I can only hope that the congress gets swapped in November so that we only have to endure 2 years of his inadequacies without checks and balances.

Same goes for the so-called conservative Republicans that seem to be looking out for themselves. They're selling out the country as bad as anyone else.
I agree The Republicans are no better.I guarantee you they all have offshore accounts chok full of taxpayer money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Learpilot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 2:02pm   #64
PortDawg
Charter Member - C3 Mod
Barn Stall Owner #34
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,610 Times in 761 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $173

Term Limits on Congress would be a great start....
PortDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PortDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2022, 2:29pm   #65
Learpilot
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
Thats a MUST
Old 05-21-2022, 3:17pm   #66
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 26.3%

Thanked 31,393 Times in 10,877 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortDawg View Post
…and age limit of no more than 65
MadInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 7:56am   #67
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 15,643 Times in 6,167 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $22573

Quote:
I'll have to agree with you on this. I had a deep dislike for Obama. DEEP. That said, if I was on a sports team, or did something extraordinary, and was invited to meet the president, I would proudly go. My deed or my feat did not pick a time to happen based on WHO was in office. It is my accomplishment and my reward to meet the president.

I despise Brandon. He is still (in a limited capacity) the president and given the chance to meet him, I would as an honor to ME. I would compare it to winning a car you would never drive on a game show. You won. That's the important thing. My opinion of him or it, would not change.
Damn Aero, did you wire your own brain?
Hardluck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hardluck For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 9:07am   #68
6spdC6
A Real Barner
Activity: 31.7%

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY
Thanked 3,364 Times in 1,837 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2115673

Quote:

Not me I have my pride. I would not piss on the obunghole cocksucker, if he was on fire! As far as biden goes I want to not be anywhere near him.
6spdC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 9:08am   #69
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,657 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

I don’t see any value in meeting figureheads like Biden or Trump, for that matter.

A George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? Absolutely but those types of people and that system of government are long gone. What exists today as American government is nothing short of organized crime. I think the infatuation with it are a creation of our education system and the MSM?

If I ever did meet one of these modern leaders, I’d show them the same respect I would people breaking into my house or robbing me on the street.

“Why do you keep hitting yourself?” - Government
Attached Images

Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 11:05am   #70
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,237 Times in 17,149 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
I don’t see any value in meeting figureheads like Biden or Trump, for that matter.

A George Washington or Thomas Jefferson? Absolutely but those types of people and that system of government are long gone. What exists today as American government is nothing short of organized crime. I think the infatuation with it are a creation of our education system and the MSM?

If I ever did meet one of these modern leaders, I’d show them the same respect I would people breaking into my house or robbing me on the street.

“Why do you keep hitting yourself?” - Government
Trump had visions of unleashing economic growth so great that the increased tax revenue would eventually wipe out deficits and start eating away at principal owed on the national debt. He had great instincts about stopping China, and China (possibly in coordination with our own deep state) decided to salt the Earth to stop Trump from completing his plan of bringing back manufacturing to the US, making us an energy exporter, staying out of foreign entanglements, etc.

The China virus destroyed that timeline, and Trump gave in to even more profligate "stimulus and PPP" bullshit deficit spending, instead of saying, "We're going to encourage our elderly and imuno-compromised population to isolate, and the rest of us are going to push right on through this bullshit, our country isn't going to lay down." That was, in hindsight, a failure of Trump.

Other than lousy personnel picks and thinking the swamp was going to eventually get on board with his pro-American policies, Trump's instincts and policies were pretty spot on. Hopefully in his second term, he will avoid those pitfalls, and instead of mean tweets, use the force of government to do everything the uniparty actually did and does (and accused Trump of)....go to war. No mercy. Use lawfare to SWAT raid houses and bankrupt in court, the enemies of this country. Take political prisoners when the blm or antifa gathers to riot. Hold them indefinitely in squalor without bail or trials. No. Mercy.

The precedent is set already.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 11:10am   #71
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 33,586 Times in 13,586 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdC6 View Post
Not me I have my pride. I would not piss on the obunghole cocksucker, if he was on fire! As far as biden goes I want to not be anywhere near him.
I thought it was in poor taste when libs would not go meet Trump.

I too have my pride and it is ME that is being honored, not the man in the White House. I'll take my recognition proudly. Whatever the reason I am there, I earned it. I'm not going to deny myself the opportunity.

It may not be a popular position, but I am American first, political second.

It's not the hill I would die on. There are far more important issues that may require me to make a stand for the cause. At that point, the CAUSE deserves the recognition and it is not about me anymore.

ADDED: Over my lifetime I have been given a few minor awards for work I have done with various employers. When I look at those certificates, I don't think about whether that boss was a good boss or a jackass. Those items are in recognition of ME and things I have done.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:29am   #72
6spdC6
A Real Barner

Location: NorthernNY! (A little town on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake) in the peoples republic of NY

Quote:
I thought it was in poor taste when libs would not go meet Trump.

I too have my pride and it is ME that is being honored, not the man in the White House. I'll take my recognition proudly. Whatever the reason I am there, I earned it. I'm not going to deny myself the opportunity.

It may not be a popular position, but I am American first, political second.

It's not the hill I would die on. There are far more important issues that may require me to make a stand for the cause. At that point, the CAUSE deserves the recognition and it is not about me anymore.

ADDED: Over my lifetime I have been given a few minor awards for work I have done with various employers. When I look at those certificates, I don't think about whether that boss was a good boos or a jackass. Those items are in recognition of ME and things I have done.
I doubt if those bosses were trying their very ''best'' to run this country into the ground. Total different level!
Old 05-22-2022, 11:34am   #73
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
I doubt if those bosses were trying their very ''best'' to run this country into the ground. Total different level!

Well, on another scale, it was suspected a boss or two were wanting to wreck those companies. At thee risk of being a broken record, the OFFICE and country have acknowledged what I have done. He is simply the person handing me the award. Could just as well be one of his lackeys. I'm not missing MY recognition just because he's a fuktard.

Also, Biden doesn't have a single brain cell capable of wrecking the country without his puppet masters. He's a dopey, arrogant, chuckleheaded pawn that was chosen SPECIFICALLY for his ineptitude and cognitive disability.

ADDED: If I were to not go, who is really missing out? Who is being "punished"? Brandon? Hell no. It has no idea who I am or where he is.

The saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" applies.
Old 05-22-2022, 11:56am   #74
6spdC6
A Real Barner

Quote:
Well, on another scale, it was suspected a boss or two were wanting to wreck those companies. At thee risk of being a broken record, the OFFICE and country have acknowledged what I have done. He is simply the person handing me the award. Could just as well be one of his lackeys. I'm not missing MY recognition just because he's a fuktard.

Also, Biden doesn't have a single brain cell capable of wrecking the country without his puppet masters. He's a dopey, arrogant, chuckleheaded pawn that was chosen SPECIFICALLY for his ineptitude and cognitive disability.

ADDED: If I were to not go, who is really missing out? Who is being "punished"? Brandon? Hell no. It has no idea who I am or where he is.

The saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" applies.
Whatever, we can agree to disagree.

Were expecting some real bad thunderstorms, going down to my beach for a couple hours before it arrives!
The Following User Says Thank You to 6spdC6 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 12:02pm   #75
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Whatever, we can agree to disagree.

Were expecting some real bad thunderstorms, going down to my beach for a couple hours before it arrives!
Enjoy. We are between storms in Houston so I'm going to get some stuff done too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 4:50pm   #76
TheHammer
A Real Barner
Activity: 16.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2149

Slew seems to be a real slow learner like every other libtard out there. I'm guessing brandons' **** ups are getting into his retirement money. I sure hope so, and deep!
Full bore ahead brandon, make it hurt!
TheHammer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHammer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2022, 5:13pm   #77
Learpilot
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer View Post
Slew seems to be a real slow learner like every other libtard out there. I'm guessing brandons' **** ups are getting into his retirement money. I sure hope so, and deep!
Full bore ahead brandon, make it hurt!
This ^^^^^
Old 05-23-2022, 8:31am   #78
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Trump had visions of unleashing economic growth so great that the increased tax revenue would eventually wipe out deficits and start eating away at principal owed on the national debt. He had great instincts about stopping China, and China (possibly in coordination with our own deep state) decided to salt the Earth to stop Trump from completing his plan of bringing back manufacturing to the US, making us an energy exporter, staying out of foreign entanglements, etc.

The China virus destroyed that timeline, and Trump gave in to even more profligate "stimulus and PPP" bullshit deficit spending, instead of saying, "We're going to encourage our elderly and imuno-compromised population to isolate, and the rest of us are going to push right on through this bullshit, our country isn't going to lay down." That was, in hindsight, a failure of Trump.

Other than lousy personnel picks and thinking the swamp was going to eventually get on board with his pro-American policies, Trump's instincts and policies were pretty spot on. Hopefully in his second term, he will avoid those pitfalls, and instead of mean tweets, use the force of government to do everything the uniparty actually did and does (and accused Trump of)....go to war. No mercy. Use lawfare to SWAT raid houses and bankrupt in court, the enemies of this country. Take political prisoners when the blm or antifa gathers to riot. Hold them indefinitely in squalor without bail or trials. No. Mercy.

The precedent is set already.
Trump back-pedaled on his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton over her emails. “I’m going to think about it,” Trump said.

Much respect for you Bill but I think you are absolutely wrong about Trump. I think the evidence shows (overwhelming), that he is controlled opposition.

“. . . She did some bad things, I mean she did some bad things,” Trump said, prompting Stahl to ask, “I know, but a special prosecutor? You think you might . . .

To which Trump replied, making a reference to Bill and Hillary Clinton, “I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them. And I will give you a very, very good and definitive answer the next time we do 60 Minutes together.”

https://redstate.com/patterico/2016/...e-video-n63725
Old 05-23-2022, 8:58am   #79
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,237 Times in 17,149 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Trump back-pedaled on his promise to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton over her emails. “I’m going to think about it,” Trump said.

Much respect for you Bill but I think you are absolutely wrong about Trump. I think the evidence shows (overwhelming), that he is controlled opposition.

“. . . She did some bad things, I mean she did some bad things,” Trump said, prompting Stahl to ask, “I know, but a special prosecutor? You think you might . . .

To which Trump replied, making a reference to Bill and Hillary Clinton, “I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them. And I will give you a very, very good and definitive answer the next time we do 60 Minutes together.”

https://redstate.com/patterico/2016/...e-video-n63725
I think Trump wanted to just move the country forward, and thought actually going after Hillary would be divisive. He wanted to be a uniter, he thought popular, pro-America policies would make him a beloved president. He thought the swamp would genuinely come along for the ride when they saw his policies helping the American people.

He surely knows better now. He knows there isn't going to be some nationwide group hug and reconciliation. That's not going to happen. I mean, he of all people, is acutely aware of exactly what the leftists tried to do to him. Shit, the NY AG, who ran on a platform of, "I'm gonna get Trump" is STILL ****ing with him. If he runs again, I just can't see him being controlled opposition. He would necessarily have to be in vengeance mode, in addition to trying to save whatever is left of the smoldering hulk of America in 2 1/2 more years.

I love DeSantis, but I still hang my hat on Trump, who has done more actual policy good for America since any president since Reagan, and I'd actually say Trump surpassed Reagan in terms of actual good. And keep in mind I've been a 3rd Party voter pretty much my whole life. I'm an OG Ron Paul supporter. I voted for Ross Perot twice. I never voted for a Bush, Romney, McCain, Clinton, Obama, or any of the other soft parade of losers put up by the two parties. My first winning presidential vote was for the guy who successfully completed a hostile takeover of the GOP.

And now he knows exactly how that same GOP stabbed him in the back, in duplicity with the DNC communists. They tried to destroy him personally, financially, and are STILL trying to take away his liberty by putting him in jail. I think a guy like that has zero ****s left to give and will be the scorched Earth fighter America needs. If he WAS controlled opposition, I think that's no longer true, as lines have been crossed that can't be uncrossed.
bill_daniels is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2022, 9:04am   #80
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
I think Trump wanted to just move the country forward, and thought actually going after Hillary would be divisive. He wanted to be a uniter, he thought popular, pro-America policies would make him a beloved president. He thought the swamp would genuinely come along for the ride when they saw his policies helping the American people.

He surely knows better now. He knows there isn't going to be some nationwide group hug and reconciliation. That's not going to happen. I mean, he of all people, is acutely aware of exactly what the leftists tried to do to him. Shit, the NY AG, who ran on a platform of, "I'm gonna get Trump" is STILL ****ing with him. If he runs again, I just can't see him being controlled opposition. He would necessarily have to be in vengeance mode, in addition to trying to save whatever is left of the smoldering hulk of America in 2 1/2 more years.

I love DeSantis, but I still hang my hat on Trump, who has done more actual policy good for America since any president since Reagan, and I'd actually say Trump surpassed Reagan in terms of actual good. And keep in mind I've been a 3rd Party voter pretty much my whole life. I'm an OG Ron Paul supporter. I voted for Ross Perot twice. I never voted for a Bush, Romney, McCain, Clinton, Obama, or any of the other soft parade of losers put up by the two parties. My first winning presidential vote was for the guy who successfully completed a hostile takeover of the GOP.

And now he knows exactly how that same GOP stabbed him in the back, in duplicity with the DNC communists. They tried to destroy him personally, financially, and are STILL trying to take away his liberty but putting him in jail. I think a guy like that has zero ****s left to give and will be the scorched Earth fighter America needs. If he WAS controlled opposition, I think that's no longer true, as lines have been crossed that can't be uncrossed.
What good policies did Trump implement?

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic