Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2022, 10:34pm   #21
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,657 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

*loose screws^.
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 6:18am   #22
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Is it time to start stacking bodies yet?
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 7:00am   #23
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 3,956 Times in 1,657 Posts

Probably not until police walk off the job en masse in your A.O. Then open season on the commies.

“In the United States, police officers are quitting in droves. Unfortunately, this has put a strain on many cities since crime rates have rapidly risen. For example, in the 20/21 fiscal year, 631 police officers from all ranks left the Los Angeles Police Department.”

https://omegaunderground.com/police-...ing-to-happen/
Dan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 7:19am   #24
TheHammer
A Real Barner
Activity: 17.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2149

Hope Trump planted a copy of Hunter's laptop on a hard drive since the FBI can't seem to find it. They have it now....
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheHammer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 7:31am   #25
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461

I would bet that anything they “find” there will be thrown out of any legal proceedings after a Supreme Court review. It will, however be leaked all over the media…
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 8:07am   #26
zeek
A Real Barner

Thanked 7,505 Times in 2,533 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $555

I just hope and pray that when we take over the house and senate our weak ass republican candidates finally get a back bone and start giving these demoncrats a taste of their own medicine...
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zeek For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 8:22am   #27
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,443 Times in 17,240 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
I just hope and pray that when we take over the house and senate our weak ass republican candidates finally get a back bone and start giving these demoncrats a taste of their own medicine...
Assuming R's take the House and Senate, so what? They still have little or no power to rein in the abuses by Brandon's DoJ, including the FBI and other 3 letter agencies. Hell, even when Trump controlled the executive branch with a R House and Senate, Trump NEVER had control over the DoJ, FBI, etc.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 9:08am   #28
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,967 Times in 11,823 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Assuming R's take the House and Senate, so what? They still have little or no power to rein in the abuses by Brandon's DoJ, including the FBI and other 3 letter agencies. Hell, even when Trump controlled the executive branch with a R House and Senate, Trump NEVER had control over the DoJ, FBI, etc.
Trump made the mistake of not cleaning house on day one at all senior executive levels in those ABC agencies. If elected again, I bet he won't make that mistake once more.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:12am   #29
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote:
Correct. That's why I don't care anymore. Democrats infect the Teacher's Union on up to every federal agency, by my estimate about 94% of all federal employees. There is no getting back from that.

So I'm just sitting back and watching the shit show. Its only a matter of time before China calls in our debt, the Fed accelerates printing, and we're just another Venezuela.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yadkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:13am   #30
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,678 Times in 13,638 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

In the last NECESSARY revolution, we were as armed as the British military. In this revolution, we are drastically outgunned.

I fear for how far this will go and how it will end. The ultimate outcome will be absolute dictatorship as opposed to the thinly veiled dictatorship we are living with now.

Without the US Military turning on this corrupt government, we the people are done for.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:16am   #31
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Correct. That's why I don't care anymore. Democrats infect the Teacher's Union on up to every federal agency, by my estimate about 94% of all federal employees. There is no getting back from that.

So I'm just sitting back and watching the shit show. Its only a matter of time before China calls in our debt, the Fed accelerates printing, and we're just another Venezuela.
There is a way. It just isn't civilized and very few have the stomach for executing the treasonous. I would GLADLY volunteer. I have the stomach for dropping them where they stand. Cry, beg, plead, negotiate...whatever. You did it, you're done. BAM !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:29am   #32
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
In the last NECESSARY revolution, we were as armed as the British military. In this revolution, we are drastically outgunned.

I fear for how far this will go and how it will end. The ultimate outcome will be absolute dictatorship as opposed to the thinly veiled dictatorship we are living with now.

Without the US Military turning on this corrupt government, we the people are done for.
I still don't believe our military will turn guns on our own citizens, or at least there are those who would desert, take the weaponry, and fight with the patriots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:52am   #33
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,443 Times in 17,240 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
I still don't believe our military will turn guns on our own citizens, or at least there are those who would desert, take the weaponry, and fight with the patriots.
This is about a survey of combat arms Marines.......back in the 1990s. Let me ask you, do you think our military has gotten more woke, or less, in the approximately three decades that have passed?

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd/29palms-mcmanus.htm

Quote:
eteran readers of THE NEW AMERICAN are vibrantly aware of the May 10, 1994 "Combat Arms Survey" administered to 300 active-duty Marines at the USMC’s Air-Ground Combat Center, Twenty-Nine Palms, California. Among its 46 questions, the Marines were asked if they would be willing to swear to a United Nations code of conduct and if they would fire on Americans who refused to turn over their privately owned weapons to the government. Other questions sought their approval or disapproval about their involvement in an assortment of operations far removed from proper military assignments, some of which would even place them under formal UN command.

One of the Marines who participated in this exercise became so disturbed by the questions that he obtained an extra copy and sent it to THE NEW AMERICAN. No sooner had our published report about this survey reached readers than several congressmen fired off inquiries to the Marine Corps and Navy. Spokesmen for both branches of the service issued statements claiming there was really nothing to be concerned about, that the survey was merely part of its author’s research for a master’s degree thesis.

But that explanation neatly sidesteps a far more important consideration: The aura of official acceptance of these subversive attitudes would certainly lead some of the Marines toward believing that they should hold them as well. It is our contention that no one wearing a uniform of the U.S. Armed Forces should ever allow troops under his command to be subjected to such totally unconstitutional thinking.

smalline

Author’s Defense

We have talked at length with the author of this survey, Navy Lieutenant Commander Ernest Guy Cunningham, and about his motivation in creating it. He provided us with a copy of the 197-page thesis he wrote after analyzing the responses given by the Marines. His thesis helped him to earn a Master of Science degree in the area of manpower, personnel, and training analysis from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California.

Anxious to defend himself from charges he is pro-UN, Cunningham repeatedly contended in his interview with THE NEW AMERICAN that he is no enemy of America and no participant in any plan to demoralize U.S. troops. He maintained emphatically that he wanted only to confirm and then pass on to higher authorities his fears about "the lack of knowledge among the soldiers about the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and their heritage as Americans." He added: "I’m a life member of the National Rifle Association, an ardent constitutionalist, and I’m even disappointed with the NRA spokesmen who don’t do a very good job defending their position."

To each of the questions or scenarios presented in the Cunningham survey, the Marines were asked if they strongly disagree, disagree, agree, strongly agree, or have no opinion. The first part of the survey dealt with non-traditional missions (termed "operations other than war" by Cunningham) under the command and control of U.S. military personnel, first inside the United States, and then outside the United States. Additional questions dealt with those same type missions conducted outside the U.S. under United Nations command and control.

The Marines indicated overwhelming acquiescence to being assigned under U.S. control within the U.S. for such non-traditional missions as drug enforcement, disaster relief, environmental clean-up, substitute teaching in public schools, guarding prisons, national emergency policing, or assisting federal law enforcement officials. For example, one of the questions asked the Marines if they would be willing to be assigned to a "national emergency police force" within the U.S. under U.S. command. The survey showed that 6.0 percent strongly disagreed, 6.3 percent disagreed, 42.3 percent agreed, 43.0 percent strongly agreed, and 2.3 percent had no opinion.

"Do you realize," Cunningham stated during our telephone interview, "that 85.3 percent agreed with assigning troops to a mission that violates the Posse Comitatus Act?" This Act states that "it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus [power of the county], or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except [when] authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress."

Additional results published in Cunningham’s thesis demonstrate a high degree of willingness on the part of these U.S. troops to carry out non-traditional missions under U.S. command: 48 percent agreement for drug enforcement; 39 percent for disaster relief; 67 percent for peacekeeping; and 52 percent for humanitarian relief. However, when questions were asked about similar missions involving U.S. troops under UN command, the approval rate dropped off markedly: 17 percent for drug enforcement; 13 percent for disaster relief; 25 percent for peacekeeping; 21 percent for humanitarian relief; and only 11 percent for Korean or Vietnam police action.

Firing on U.S. Citizens?

While all of the questions in this survey should have stimulated concern, the survey’s final question has generated an enormous amount of attention:

The U.S. government declares a ban on the possession, sale, transportation, and transfer of all non-sporting firearms. A thirty (30) day amnesty period is permitted for these firearms to be turned over to the local authorities. At the end of this period, a number of citizen groups refuse to turn over their firearms. Consider the following statement: I would fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government.

The survey results: 42.3 percent strongly disagreed with this statement; 19.3 percent disagreed; 18.6 percent agreed; 7.6 percent strongly agreed; and 12.0 percent had no opinion. In one of the footnotes appearing in his thesis, Cunningham quotes comments placed by some of the Marines next to their answers to this question: "What about the damn Second Amendment? … I feel this is a first in communism! … Read the book None Dare Call It Conspiracy by Gary Allen." "I would not even consider it. The reason we have guns is so that the people can overthrow the gov’t when or if the people think the gov’t is too powerful." "Freedom to bear arms is our Second Amendment. If you take our Amendments away then you can take this job and stick it where the sun don’t shine! … It is a right to own firearms for defense (2nd Amendment); I would fight for that right!"

Based on the disagreement expressed by 61 percent of the Marines, Cunningham concluded that "a complete unit breakdown would occur in a unit tasked to execute this mission.
About 4 in 10 COMBAT ARMS Marines would fire on US citizens if ordered to do so, in order to confiscate guns. You think now, 30 years later, that percentage is higher, or lower?
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 9:58am   #34
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
This is about a survey of combat arms Marines.......back in the 1990s. Let me ask you, do you think our military has gotten more woke, or less, in the approximately three decades that have passed?

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd/29palms-mcmanus.htm

About 4 in 10 COMBAT ARMS Marines would fire on US citizens if ordered to do so, in order to confiscate guns. You think now, 30 years later, that percentage is higher, or lower?
I guarantee it's higher, but with all the focus on woke training instead of combat training, I think the veteran patriots will hold out just fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 9:59am   #35
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,641 Times in 3,755 Posts

The raid on Trump's home is the type of shit that goes on in third world dictatorships.
The current rouge government will ABSLOLUTELY come for your guns in order to get compliance. It happened in Germany in the 1930's. Look what happened.
Folks, it's all about taking a stand. You get to decide if you want to give up and fall in line to live a life of captivity, or to possibly get killed defending your freedom.
I know which route I'll take. I have no kids or grandkids to worry about, so I'm good.
How people cannot 'care' about what happens next who have kids and grandkids blows my mind. What's up with THAT, Yadkin?
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 10:37am   #36
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

*rogue
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 10:37am   #37
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote:
There is a way. It just isn't civilized and very few have the stomach for executing the treasonous. I would GLADLY volunteer. I have the stomach for dropping them where they stand. Cry, beg, plead, negotiate...whatever. You did it, you're done. BAM !
As you mentioned on your previous post we are drastically outgunned. The 'Crats are working diligently to pussify the military, so don't expect them to switch sides.

This will end as all government end, with federal bankruptcy followed by hyperinflation. The only violence will be riots in large cities when certain types aren't getting food stamps anymore. Your bank accounts will be worthless. Other investments, including most stocks, will have value since everyone needs toilet paper, soap, etc.

Luckily we have 50 state governments, most of which will be able to maintain order. They will likely develop their own currencies. Commiefornia will probably be part of China, but strong states like Texas will be independent. Looking further, I can see some sort of re-federalism among like-minded states.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yadkin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 10:40am   #38
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
I believe with absolute certainty the police, SWAT, and if needed, the US military, will not hesitate to kill us if told to.

I also believe with absolute certainty, they will be told to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 11:07am   #39
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Quote:
I believe with absolute certainty the police, SWAT, and if needed, the US military, will not hesitate to kill us if told to.

I also believe with absolute certainty, they will be told to.
.... unless you are a minority.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJ_Critterus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2022, 11:10am   #40
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,058 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Just another implementation of fascist tactics.

So is the whole "cancel culture".

I deal with a lot of liberals in my daily life, and they JUST CAN'T SEE IT! It's pretty frightening. If I say it, they lose their ****ing minds, and start spouting shit about how the Republicans are the fascists! I ask why, and they have no answer. It's disturbing, but I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic