Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2024, 6:25am   #21
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,582 Times in 2,687 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
When I had my serious car accident near Orlando in 2016 with an undocumented, uninsured "new citizen" slammed into me, my lawyer said that close to 1/3 of people in the area were uninsured. In Florida you can get a pay-by-the month car insurance policy, register your care for two years then stop paying and Florida should, but doesn't , collect your license plates. So legal appearing vehicles are all over the roads with no insurance.

So uninsured motorist payouts become massive and rates go up, but hey 10,000 illegals a day are sneaking into the US just looking for jobs and to participate in our wonderful society ? Right ?
ICNLT
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 7:27am   #22
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 63.7%

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,619 Posts

And you think that's the only state where this occurs - adorable...
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 7:31am   #23
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,505 Times in 10,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
ICNLT
Politically, Florida may be THE best state in the country right now.

100% the result of solid republican leadership.

However, Oralndo is a chithole. As are a few other cities in the state.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 7:35am   #24
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post

I'm 12 miles from Orlando on the edge of fast-disappearing orange groves, but yeah, an example is DeSantis just passing the squatter's act. You can get the Sheriff to hustle these @holes out of your property in short order now.
Old 04-14-2024, 7:40am   #25
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
I'm 12 miles from Orlando on the edge of fast-disappearing orange groves, but yeah, an example is DeSantis just passing the squatter's act. You can get the Sheriff to hustle these @holes out of your property in short order now.
Indeed.
And a large reason I prefer DeSantis in Tallahassee not DC right now.
Old 04-14-2024, 8:57am   #26
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner

If Biden gets back in because of mean tweet haters, we all may have wished DeSantis had gotten the nomination. I honestly don't think America will survive 4 more years of this current mess.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 9:25am   #27
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,582 Times in 2,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post

In NC we have a shitty governor, but his hands are tied because we have veto proof majorities in both houses.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 9:48am   #28
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 16.5%

Thanked 1,878 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette40th View Post
I am pretty ignorant to all the different ways to get my stuff fixed in case of emergency. FEMA, never heard of AMICA, brokers for insurance.....
www.amica.com
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jw38 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2024, 9:54am   #29
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 63.3%

Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,194 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Insurance is like most any other area of life. No two are the same, even in the same. Some of the homes in our neighborhood are identical, yet the insurance rates are extremely different. Sure, some of it can attributed to the owners past history, but it's not a car.

Remember a couple years ago when everyone was selling their homes for a huge profit? Well some of this was being done in our subdivision where I said some of the homes are identical.

Well, we notice many of the homes were having new roof shingles. It was only a matter of time where my wife said "we need a new roof." She had never been up on the fkn thing and I have at least 50 times over the years and falling off once to my credit!

The only damage was the was the huge dent from me when I hit the lower section. I kept telling her we don't need a new roof. I finally caved. USAA sent an estimator.

He claims he saw hail damage, I felt he was full of shit because the hail we get around here doesn't amount to the size of a BB. So, 30 days later after all was said and done, we had a new roof at the tune of $8k.

A couple others in the area went up to $15lk and our next door neighbor was $11k and they're all the same or similar fkn home where the sq footage roof size is not that much difference to justify that spread in cost.

Our USAA rates are good but my concern is their service. For me, they are very efficient. We had a wintertime water line break the flooded half the bottom house.

Within 3 weeks, the piping was repaired, room damage, paint was fixed along with the outside wall that was cut up for repairs. I'm satisfied. I had a couple parking lot issues with my other -not my fault. Car was repaired in 2 weeks.

I know a close flying bud of mine who was driving cross country with his wife. They had an accident and he spent a few days in the hospital. Wife was only banged up a bit.

The details were completed by the time he got out and a courtesy vehicle from the dealership picked him up and gave them a ride to pick up their new car!
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 10:24am   #30
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
If Biden gets back in because of mean tweet haters, we all may have wished DeSantis had gotten the nomination. I honestly don't think America will survive 4 more years of this current mess.
No guarantee that DeSantis would win. And as I have posted many times, I prefer him in Tallahassee for now.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:25am   #31
LATB
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Insurance is like most any other area of life. No two are the same, even in the same. Some of the homes in our neighborhood are identical, yet the insurance rates are extremely different. Sure, some of it can attributed to the owners past history, but it's not a car.

Remember a couple years ago when everyone was selling their homes for a huge profit? Well some of this was being done in our subdivision where I said some of the homes are identical.

Well, we notice many of the homes were having new roof shingles. It was only a matter of time where my wife said "we need a new roof." She had never been up on the fkn thing and I have at least 50 times over the years and falling off once to my credit!

The only damage was the was the huge dent from me when I hit the lower section. I kept telling her we don't need a new roof. I finally caved. USAA sent an estimator.

He claims he saw hail damage, I felt he was full of shit because the hail we get around here doesn't amount to the size of a BB. So, 30 days later after all was said and done, we had a new roof at the tune of $8k.

A couple others in the area went up to $15lk and our next door neighbor was $11k and they're all the same or similar fkn home where the sq footage roof size is not that much difference to justify that spread in cost.

Our USAA rates are good but my concern is their service. For me, they are very efficient. We had a wintertime water line break the flooded half the bottom house.

Within 3 weeks, the piping was repaired, room damage, paint was fixed along with the outside wall that was cut up for repairs. I'm satisfied. I had a couple parking lot issues with my other -not my fault. Car was repaired in 2 weeks.

I know a close flying bud of mine who was driving cross country with his wife. They had an accident and he spent a few days in the hospital. Wife was only banged up a bit.

The details were completed by the time he got out and a courtesy vehicle from the dealership picked him up and gave them a ride to pick up their new car!
Do you get an insurance discount for having those steel bars on your windows?

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic