Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2011, 05:42pm   #81
Entropy
Fantasy Football Champ '12
Points: 22,035, Level: 100
Activity: 4.5%
 
Entropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 6,219
Thanks: 704
Thanked 1,217 Times in 741 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $90813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I thought you were in there? Your team was VERY well drafted.

Did you test your system beforehand?

That sucks bro.

There are some good free agents available if you see some you want to pick up i.e. Ricky Williams, Willis Mgahee, Marion Barber, LaDanian Tomlinson, C.J. Spiller, etc.
As long as it looks good I'll roll it.

I wonder if there is a block here at work. That would be weird, they generally block nothing at an institution of higher education.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:53pm   #82
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,193, Level: 100
Activity: 2.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME East Aurora N.Y.
Posts: 39,294
Thanks: 5,683
Thanked 9,224 Times in 5,524 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
As long as it looks good I'll roll it.

I wonder if there is a block here at work. That would be weird, they generally block nothing at an institution of higher education.
It could be considered a gambling site........If you beat me without even lifting a finger....I'll be...
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13pm   #83
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Entropy's team is actually really damn good. Shows how bright we all are.


On paper for week 1, I beat him at the QB and DEF position, but his Running Backs and Receivers beat me. And that's only because I have what will likely be the best QB and DEF all season, Tom Brady and the NY Jets.


Entropy is rolling out this starting line-up:

QB Tony Romo
RB Arian Foster
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
TE Owen Daniels
RB/WR/TE Peyton Hillis
DEF Green Bay

Notable Back-Ups:

RB Jahvid Best
WR Mike Wallace
WR Steve Smith


If Steve Smith recovers to old form this year, Entropy has the hands down best WR core. Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald BOTH suffered form poor QB play last year and BOTH look to have MUCH better signal callers throwing their way with Kolb's arrival in Arizona and Matthew Stafford healthy again.

And of course, he's got the #1 RB in Arian Foster, who should benefit from even more possessions and carries if Wade Phillips can improve the Houston Defense with his 3-4 scheme. I don't get the Foster-Peterson debate. The Vikings O-line is average at best, they lost their top reciever, Donovan McNabb is no better than Favre at this point, and the Vikings D is not what it used to be. On top of it all, Peterson has more wear and tear, and now has Gerhart in the backfield in his second season to help shoulder the load. The Vikings also play better Defenses in Green Bay, Chicago, and Detroit 6 games thi year than the Texans against the Colts, Jags, and Titans.

Just my .02
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:18pm   #84
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,193, Level: 100
Activity: 2.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME East Aurora N.Y.
Posts: 39,294
Thanks: 5,683
Thanked 9,224 Times in 5,524 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034316
Default

My TE from Washington, is out with a knee injury.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:59pm   #85
Burnt C6
Barn Stall Owner #56
Points: 13,751, Level: 80
Activity: 0.8%
 
Burnt C6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Almost Home
Posts: 3,702
Thanks: 899
Thanked 614 Times in 435 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6355194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Great draft.

Thanks to (almost) everyone for showing up.

My #1 target was Tom Brady, whom I thought I might still be able to get at pick #7. He was still there for me in round 3 when I finally showed up.

Can't wait for the season to start.
Sorry guys stuck in a damn meeting. I need to see how bad I did.
Burnt C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:01pm   #86
Chris Fowler
Barn Stall Owner #6
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 18,636, Level: 94
Activity: 0%
 
Chris Fowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,587
Thanks: 904
Thanked 1,484 Times in 828 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $437465
Default

I mistakenly thought it was a 2 RB + 1 RB/WR/TE league (my other leagues are) and I drafted 3 RBs from the start...put me a little out of sync, but I think I ended up pretty well set anyway. We'll see how it works out. Maybe some trade bait.
Chris Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35pm   #87
Burnt C6
Barn Stall Owner #56
Points: 13,751, Level: 80
Activity: 0.8%
 
Burnt C6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Almost Home
Posts: 3,702
Thanks: 899
Thanked 614 Times in 435 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6355194
Default

I didn't do too bad. I can work with what I got.
Burnt C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50pm   #88
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 121,193, Level: 100
Activity: 2.5%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME East Aurora N.Y.
Posts: 39,294
Thanks: 5,683
Thanked 9,224 Times in 5,524 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3034316
Default

I have bad TE's....I'm being very humble, and not bragging....We shall see how this all pans out. The injury wild card is always a threat. It'll be a lot of fun !
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00pm   #89
Jay13
A Real Barner
Points: 8,078, Level: 62
Activity: 1.3%
 
Jay13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jay13: "YOU IGNORANT DUMB FECK WITH NOTHING TO OFFER TO SOCIETY!" [Rotorhead]
Posts: 1,084
Thanks: 109
Thanked 232 Times in 142 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $87385605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fowler View Post
I mistakenly thought it was a 2 RB + 1 RB/WR/TE league (my other leagues are) and I drafted 3 RBs from the start...put me a little out of sync, but I think I ended up pretty well set anyway. We'll see how it works out. Maybe some trade bait.
The angry little man will be looking to trade for a back once he finds out Mikel Leshoure is out for the year.
Jay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:27am   #90
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Points: 26,338, Level: 100
Activity: 2.3%
 
NEVRL8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lotta Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 1,216 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Phillip Rivers FTW !....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Great draft.

Thanks to (almost) everyone for showing up.

My #1 target was Tom Brady, whom I thought I might still be able to get at pick #7. He was still there for me in round 3 when I finally showed up.

Can't wait for the season to start.
WTF? QB's in the first round? Are you guys nuts?

Check this team out:

Matt Schaub
(Hou - QB)

Miles Austin
(Dal - WR)


Dwayne Bowe
(KC - WR)

Chris Johnson
(Ten - RB)

Jason Witten
(Dal - TE)

Michael Turner
(Atl - RB)



Ben Roethlisberger
(Pit - QB)

Mark Ingram
(NO - RB)

Mario Manningham
(NYG - WR)

Julio Jones
(Atl - WR)

Mike Sims-Walker
(StL - WR)

Michael Crabtree
(SF - WR)

Rob Gronkowski
(NE - TE)

Danny Woodhead
(NE - RB)

Matt Bryant
(Atl - K)

Josh Brown
(StL - K)

San Diego
(SD - DEF)

Atlanta
(ATL - DEF)



YA'LL ARE TOAST!
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:31am   #91
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Points: 26,338, Level: 100
Activity: 2.3%
 
NEVRL8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lotta Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 1,216 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Entropy's team is actually really damn good. Shows how bright we all are.


On paper for week 1, I beat him at the QB and DEF position, but his Running Backs and Receivers beat me. And that's only because I have what will likely be the best QB and DEF all season, Tom Brady and the NY Jets.


Entropy is rolling out this starting line-up:

QB Tony Romo
RB Arian Foster
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Larry Fitzgerald
TE Owen Daniels
RB/WR/TE Peyton Hillis
DEF Green Bay

Notable Back-Ups:

RB Jahvid Best
WR Mike Wallace
WR Steve Smith


If Steve Smith recovers to old form this year, Entropy has the hands down best WR core. Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald BOTH suffered form poor QB play last year and BOTH look to have MUCH better signal callers throwing their way with Kolb's arrival in Arizona and Matthew Stafford healthy again.

And of course, he's got the #1 RB in Arian Foster, who should benefit from even more possessions and carries if Wade Phillips can improve the Houston Defense with his 3-4 scheme. I don't get the Foster-Peterson debate. The Vikings O-line is average at best, they lost their top reciever, Donovan McNabb is no better than Favre at this point, and the Vikings D is not what it used to be. On top of it all, Peterson has more wear and tear, and now has Gerhart in the backfield in his second season to help shoulder the load. The Vikings also play better Defenses in Green Bay, Chicago, and Detroit 6 games thi year than the Texans against the Colts, Jags, and Titans.

Just my .02
Chris Johnson and Michael Turner, togethor, will roll over Arian Foster points wise.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:32am   #92
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
WTF? QB's in the first round? Are you guys nuts?
SOMEONE didn't read the OP or the scoring rules.

Using last year's stats and our modified scoring, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady = #1 and #2 scorers.

Again, I changed QB touchdowns from 4 points to 6 points to reflect REALITY - QB touchdowns are worth the same in the NFL, and the NFL is a QB-centric league.

QB in the 1st round makes complete sense in our league if you weren't picking in the top half of the round when Foster, Peterson, Charles were available.



You're all gonna die at the hands of my dreamy QB and ridiculous defense.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33am   #93
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:34am   #94
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
Chris Johnson and Michael Turner, togethor, will roll over Arian Foster points wise.
You can only start 2 RBs maximum. Arian Foster + Peyton Hillis is just as good IMO.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:34am   #95
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Points: 26,338, Level: 100
Activity: 2.3%
 
NEVRL8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lotta Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 1,216 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
SOMEONE didn't read the OP or the scoring rules.

Using last year's stats and our modified scoring, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady = #1 and #2 scorers.

Again, I changed QB touchdowns from 4 points to 6 points to reflect REALITY - QB touchdowns are worth the same in the NFL, and the NFL is a QB-centric league.

QB in the 1st round makes complete sense in our league if you weren't picking in the top half of the round when Foster, Peterson, Charles were available.



You're all gonna die at the hands of my dreamy QB and ridiculous defense.
I read the point scoring changes alright. You will see how little a difference the 4 to 6 point touchdown scoring will matter. 1st round QB's make little sense and, remember, I picked dead last and wound up with two of the premiere RB's in the league.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40am   #96
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
biggrin

Fear me bitches:

QB Tom Brady
RB Rashard Mendenhall
WR Andre Johnson
WR Stevie Johnson
TE Mercedes Lewis
RB/WR/TE Steven Jackson
DEF NY Jets

Bench:

QB Matt Cassel
RB Felix Jones
RB Darren Sproles
RB BenJarvis Green-Ellis
RB Tim Hightower
WR Wes Welker
WR Santana Moss
WR Nate Burleson
TE Brandon Pettigrew
DEF Dallas
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41am   #97
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
I read the point scoring changes alright. You will see how little a difference the 4 to 6 point touchdown scoring will matter. 1st round QB's make little sense and, remember, I picked dead last and wound up with two of the premiere RB's in the league.
Also, since I was late, I picked my 1st round QB in the 3rd anyway. Yahoo Took Mendenhall and Andre Johnson for me in rounds 1 and 2
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45am   #98
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Hmmmm.....

I've got too many good RBs and my WR core could be a bit better....


Tim Hightower OR Darren Sproles + Stevie Johnson for a WR better than Johnson and some other garbage of your choice anyone ????
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59am   #99
NEVRL8T
Barn Stall Owner #25
Points: 26,338, Level: 100
Activity: 2.3%
 
NEVRL8T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lotta Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,232
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 1,216 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $20496840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
You can only start 2 RBs maximum. Arian Foster + Peyton Hillis is just as good IMO.
Hey, I am a homer and a huge Peyton Hillis fan especially since he was a Razorback but in no way is he on the level of Turner or Johnson. He is in a bad system and he is basically all Cleveland has. Defenses will key him this year and the Madden cover curse will bite hard. He is a load to bring down but he is a marked man.
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:04am   #100
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Points: 33,911, Level: 100
Activity: 37.2%
 
Will's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Posts: 7,403
Thanks: 291
Thanked 1,894 Times in 976 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1049157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8T View Post
He is in a bad system and he is basically all Cleveland has.
Cleveland has a good offensive system in place now along with a coaching staff that isn't trying to actively screw over Colt because he wasn't "their guy"

Colt looked pretty damn good the other night. He's incredibly accurate and arm strength doesn't really matter in the West Coast offense.

I think you're in for a surprise with regard to the Cleveland offense.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page