Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2019, 12:04pm   #1
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $406058
Default "Psychic" experiences anyone?

Anyone have any interesting psychic, or otherwise unexplainable, experiences?

My wife has has some abilities, although she never makes a big deal out of it. I was on a 1-day business trip once, & met a quite attractive young woman at the office I was visiting. While I was in a meeting, she came into the room & interrupted, saying one of the meeting attendees had a phonecall he needed to take. While we waited for his return, she introduced herself to me, my being the only stranger in the room, & we exchanged some small talk, after which she left. When I got home that night, my wife said "You met someone today, didn't you?" I said I had met with several people. She said "No, a girl you talked with. She came into a room where you were with some other people." She went on to accurately describe what the girl looked like & the clothes she was wearing.

Both times when 2 of our grandchildren were born, we knew that our son & his wife were at the hospital. Wife & I were sitting around at home, waiting all day, & she suddenly said "He's here!" Went & checked her email & our son had emailed about a minute earlier saying their new baby boy had been born. Happened the same with their 2nd son.

Most recently, the thought of a relative who we hadn't seen or heard from in several years crossed my mind. I mentioned to my wife "I wonder how Myra is?" So I googled her name, & she had died that morning. It was posted on the funeral home's website. (My wife's family is Jewish; things move quickly when someone dies ). That's about the most unusual experience I've had; my wife has had many more.

She frequently comments on something that I'm thinking about. It's why I know that I could never have an affair!
Stevedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:26pm   #2
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 8,104 Times in 4,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Yes, had "visions" all my life before they happened but they seem to come and go. I don't think it's that uncommon although most folks don't like to talk about them and I understand why.

Also had more as a young man than the last 20 years.
Scott
Old 11-17-2019, 12:39pm   #3
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,376 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Yes, mostly involving my dog (who passed a little over a year ago) and his previous owner (who passed unexpectedly, which is how my parents and I got his 2 dogs). It's kind of why I've been having such a hard time with the loss.

Have been somewhat reticent to talk about it openly, was only a few months ago in the pet loss support group that I was able to...apparently is quite common. The therapist leading the group said I should write a book about my experiences not sure how I feel about that...right now still trying to work my way through things.
LilRedCorvette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 1:13pm   #4
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette View Post
Yes, mostly involving my dog (who passed a little over a year ago) and his previous owner (who passed unexpectedly, which is how my parents and I got his 2 dogs). It's kind of why I've been having such a hard time with the loss.

Have been somewhat reticent to talk about it openly, was only a few months ago in the pet loss support group that I was able to...apparently is quite common. The therapist leading the group said I should write a book about my experiences not sure how I feel about that...right now still trying to work my way through things.
I remember your story. Losing a pet is among the hardest of times.

Not relating to psychic experiences, but it's interesting that your therapist suggested writing a book. Whether it's a book or not, writing can help; I've seen it with my wife. We had a stillborn baby in 1977, & my wife struggled with that loss for many years until she found a therapist who, in my opinion, was nothing short of a miracle worker. He guided her in "flooding" therapy, where she wrote letters to our baby, and visited the common burial area where she is. She spent hours there every week for many months talking to her. In the end, it was a huge help. She now talks freely & openly about what happened, which was impossible before. No more bad dreams, visions, etc.

She's applied that technique several times since in times of loss, & it always helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevedore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 2:39pm   #5
StaticCling
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,967 Times in 2,426 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46509956

I've had a few "odd" things happen over the years...

Had a friend a few years ago with a major drug (Vicodin/Percocet) and alcohol problem go into the hospital in really bad shape. He spent a few weeks there, and over the course of the next month or so, he appeared to be on the mend...somewhat at least.

I woke up one morning and thought to myself that he had died. It was just a gut feeling. I received a text from a friend shortly after telling me that he did. His father had found him in his bed. Overdosed along with Alcohol.

Weird.
StaticCling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 4:52pm   #6
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Activity: 0%

Thanked 12,309 Times in 5,942 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
Anyone have any interesting psychic, or otherwise unexplainable, experiences?

My wife has has some abilities, although she never makes a big deal out of it. I was on a 1-day business trip once, & met a quite attractive young woman at the office I was visiting. While I was in a meeting, she came into the room & interrupted, saying one of the meeting attendees had a phonecall he needed to take. While we waited for his return, she introduced herself to me, my being the only stranger in the room, & we exchanged some small talk, after which she left. When I got home that night, my wife said "You met someone today, didn't you?" I said I had met with several people. She said "No, a girl you talked with. She came into a room where you were with some other people." She went on to accurately describe what the girl looked like & the clothes she was wearing.

Both times when 2 of our grandchildren were born, we knew that our son & his wife were at the hospital. Wife & I were sitting around at home, waiting all day, & she suddenly said "He's here!" Went & checked her email & our son had emailed about a minute earlier saying their new baby boy had been born. Happened the same with their 2nd son.

Most recently, the thought of a relative who we hadn't seen or heard from in several years crossed my mind. I mentioned to my wife "I wonder how Myra is?" So I googled her name, & she had died that morning. It was posted on the funeral home's website. (My wife's family is Jewish; things move quickly when someone dies ). That's about the most unusual experience I've had; my wife has had many more.

She frequently comments on something that I'm thinking about. It's why I know that I could never have an affair!
You work with a snitch.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 7:28pm   #7
cptlo306
Senior Lurker
Barn Stall Owner #95
Activity: 12.2%

Thanked 1,211 Times in 581 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $750520

Glitches in the Matrix.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:00pm   #8
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,502 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

Many times. Had premonitions of things before they happened. Usually not good things.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 5:58am   #9
Broken Wind
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

Don’t know if this is psychic or psychotic, but one summer while I was in college, I worked on a construction crew doing some heavy culvert work alongside a highway. I was in the ditch, about 7 feet deep, when it collapsed around me, burying me.

I passed out from lack of oxygen. While unconscious, I heard a voice that could only be described as being from the depths of hell. It was taunting me, telling me all these horrible things were going to happen to me.

My co-workers were able to dig me out in time, obviously. That experience shook me to my core. I quit doing things my mother would not approve of for the rest of the summer, but as soon as school was back in session, I got back to skirt chasing. Whatever I learned from that experience had a short shelf life.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 7:49am   #10
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
Don’t know if this is psychic or psychotic, but one summer while I was in college, I worked on a construction crew doing some heavy culvert work alongside a highway. I was in the ditch, about 7 feet deep, when it collapsed around me, burying me.

I passed out from lack of oxygen. While unconscious, I heard a voice that could only be described as being from the depths of hell. It was taunting me, telling me all these horrible things were going to happen to me.

My co-workers were able to dig me out in time, obviously. That experience shook me to my core. I quit doing things my mother would not approve of for the rest of the summer, but as soon as school was back in session, I got back to skirt chasing. Whatever I learned from that experience had a short shelf life.
Holy crap; that's nightmare material!
Old 11-18-2019, 8:11am   #11
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 8,104 Times in 4,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post

Well that's pretty damn awful...

I have no doubt that there are dark forces at work as well as good.
There seems to be no middle ground on this subject. Folks really embrace that concept or vehemently oppose it.
Scott
Old 11-18-2019, 9:13am   #12
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Not something I'd call a premonition or psychic episode, but had something odd happen the night my mom passed back in April 2018.

We had spent that day caring for her in hospice. She was spitting up things as her body shut down and we knew time was close. She honestly sounded like an old coffee percolator - to this day I cannot hear one without crying. Her biggest fear in life was drowning and here she was drowning in her own fluids. Her eyes were wide and the fear was real for her. We sat her up more and the sounds stopped and her breathing was more relaxed. And she drifted off, and didn't respond most of the rest of the day.

She wasn't coherent, but we sat her side all day, wiping up the stuff she'd spit up. That night about 9:30, she passed with my dad at her side after giving him a hug. Once we tried to get sleep, it came rather fitfully.

I don't know what it was, but I felt like somebody was sitting at the foot of my bed and it woke me up - my wife was asleep next to me. I saw, heard, and felt my mom sitting there in your favorite robe and we talked. I asked her if she was hurting (a little). She said she was terrified that she was going to drown, but happy we recognized what needed to be done and made her comfortable. At that point, she knew she was going to be okay and was able to let go. She told me to take care of my sisters and my dad and not to worry about her - she'll be waiting for us.

After she left, my wife woke up and I couldn't shake what had happened. I asked if she heard or saw anything and she said no. But did say I had to tell my dad. I told him, and I think he thought I was just full of shit and just said it to calm him down. It did help though. He asked me about 6 months later if what I said really happened or just said it to help him.

I still hear her, but mainly when I'm out for a run early in the morning. We have cardinals that visit our yard frequently too.

I still cannot explain it. And I don't care. Somehow, even if it is just my brain pulling my wishes, I still feel my mom's presence is so many ways.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 9:28am   #13
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Psychic? No.
Psycho? Yes. Ex-wife. 'Nuf said.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 9:31am   #14
Olustee bus
A Real Barner

Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,781 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1232517

My mother did often. I have experienced some things that I saw beforehand.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 8:31pm   #15
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
GTMS ‘18

Thanked 21,856 Times in 8,891 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

A few months after my Dad passed, I had a dream ( vision?) where Mary and I were walking around NYC. As we turned a corner, we met my Dad. I asked him how he was and he said everything was fine and not to worry. He said I have to go and walked off.

As crazy as it sounds, I found it quite comforting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary's Dad was on hospice and we got the "it's going to be soon" call. We went to the hospital where he was and were with him all day ( along with the rest of the family). We were in the cafeteria when Mary and I looked at each other and she said " Dad's alone" and we went right back to his room.

We were the only ones there when he passed on with Mary holding his hand. I got the nurse and she was there within seconds and confirmed he went. Within 30 seconds, the lullaby played over the hospital PA system signifying a birth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

former life ?????????????
I was about 12 when my parents took us boys on a Canadian vacation (holiday). We were on the palace grounds and I knew exactly where everything was located. I had never been there and never researched it.
JRD77VET is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 9:44pm   #16
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
I was about 12 when my parents took us boys on a Canadian vacation (holiday). We were on the palace grounds and I knew exactly where everything was located. I had never been there and never researched it.
Which "palace"?
Old 11-18-2019, 9:56pm   #17
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Which "palace"?
It was the grounds in QC where the "old" ( 1700/1800) government buildings were. It overlooks the river.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:27pm   #18
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD77VET View Post
It was the grounds in QC where the "old" ( 1700/1800) government buildings were. It overlooks the river.
In Montreal, or Quebec City?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:28pm   #19
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
GTMS ‘18

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
In Montreal, or Quebec City?
I think it was QC ( it was 1972 when I was there ). It sat up high over the river
Old 11-18-2019, 11:15pm   #20
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 3.6%

Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,502 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

The oddest thing I have ever witnessed:
The night my grandson passed my son and I went back to his apartment. We were sitting on the couch in the living room. It was the middle of the night and very quiet.
We heard music start playing from the kids' room. We went in, and it was one of those storybooks for toddlers that plays songs as you turn the pages. It was lying open, face down. David remarked that it was Lucas's favorite tune from the book. He picked it up and flipped it over to turn it off. He got a funny look on his face, held the book out, and said, "Look."
The switch was in the off position.
We figured it was Lucas, letting us know he was okay.
True story.
<<<<<<<<Lucas.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BADRACR1 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic