Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2018, 9:39am   #61
markids77
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.7%

Thanked 3,847 Times in 2,216 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1000483

It is out of warranty and there's no emissions test in GA so I say remove it all but try not to destroy anything in the process. I shipped the EPA junk off the 1982 engine I put in my 77 Vette to a guy in California who needed it to pass inspection so he could register his fresh restoration. He was a happy guy, he sent me something nice, and even paid the freight out.
markids77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markids77 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2018, 12:52pm   #62
simpleman68
Barn Stall Owner #17
Barn Raising II

NCM Supporter '12,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 8,118 Times in 4,246 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10510030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post

Perfect color match or not, that looks great man!
Scott
Old 07-24-2018, 1:07pm   #63
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman68 View Post
Perfect color match or not, that looks great man!
Scott
Thanks!

I wound up going back and having them match it by hand. They didn't charge me for the new paint. The new match is a perfect match. Just cost me some time to scuff and tape it up again.
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 9:52am   #64
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner

Facebook is good for something. I picked up this 1968 Sun Blue Line 8k Tach for cheap. I've thought about adding a few vintage speed goodies to the truck. Maybe like a teenager would have done to it. Considering some vintage mag wheels....just bolt on stuff.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grey Ghost For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 11:33am   #65
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 3.2%

Thanked 13,007 Times in 7,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
I've thought about adding a few vintage speed goodies to the truck. Maybe like a teenager would have done to it. Considering some vintage mag wheels....just bolt on stuff.

Let's see.

I was sixteen years old with a '74 C/10 in 1983.

I put Mickey Thompson 50s on the back, 60s on the front. Mag wheels on the back and aluminum mags on the front. Those 50s must have been 16" wide.

I pulled the stock exhaust system off, bolted on headers and drove to the exhaust shop for some custom dual exhaust pipes. *Slightly louder mufflers. I didn't want to attract too much attention from the cops.

I put a tach on that looked exactly like that one.

I changed the steering wheel to that classic 3-spoked chrome and rubber one. It was smaller but the truck already had power steering so that didn't matter.

I went to Radio Shack and bought a stereo cassette player and an equalizer/booster amplifier. A friend of mine upgraded his speakers so I bought those from him. I screwed everything under the dash. It had an am factory radio and I bought an fm convertor and just used that since I didn't listen to much radio. When I needed to impress a date with good sounding music I just popped in a good mix tape.

I tinted the windows, replaced the bottom seat, did a pretty nice Bondo job on the fenders and repainted it the original Hawaiian Blue.

The Math Honors club asked to borrow it to use in the Homecoming Parade. I still have a pic of that.

CB radio on the top of the dash- orange Firestick antenna mounted on the bed. 2m FM mag mount antenna on the roof for my HT. Later I put a 40m / 20m / 15m mobile antenna with a collapsible mast for my HF Icom 745 transceiver. I did have a PA speaker mounted behind the grill.

It was one badass ride, I tell ya what.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2018, 3:44pm   #66
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,231 Times in 17,148 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Let's see.

I put Mickey Thompson 50s on the back, 60s on the front. Mag wheels on the back and aluminum mags on the front. Those 50s must have been 16" wide.

I pulled the stock exhaust system off, bolted on headers and drove to the exhaust shop for some custom dual exhaust pipes. *Slightly louder mufflers. I didn't want to attract too much attention from the cops.

I changed the steering wheel to that classic 3-spoked chrome and rubber one. It was smaller but the truck already had power steering so that didn't matter.

I went to Radio Shack and bought a stereo cassette player and an equalizer/booster amplifier. A friend of mine upgraded his speakers so I bought those from him. I screwed everything under the dash. It had an am factory radio and I bought an fm convertor and just used that since I didn't listen to much radio. When I needed to impress a date with good sounding music I just popped in a good mix tape.

I tinted the windows, replaced the bottom seat, did a pretty nice Bondo job on the fenders and repainted it the original Hawaiian Blue.

The Math Honors club asked to borrow it to use in the Homecoming Parade. I still have a pic of that.

CB radio on the top of the dash- orange Firestick antenna mounted on the bed. 2m FM mag mount antenna on the roof for my HT. Later I put a 40m / 20m / 15m mobile antenna with a collapsible mast for my HF Icom 745 transceiver. I did have a PA speaker mounted behind the grill.

"Hey good lookin', be back to pick you up later!"

Edit: *grille

bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 8:46pm   #67
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Let's see.

EXACTLY the things I've been thinking about.

Would love to see the photo or your old one.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic