Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2020, 6:58am   #21
ToolMaker
Barn Stall Owner #97
Points: 7,441, Level: 60
Activity: 1.7%
 
ToolMaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tamworth, NH Wht. Mtn's
Posts: 2,561
Thanks: 2,019
Thanked 278 Times in 183 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $56470018
Default

Great job Snake!!
ToolMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 7:24am   #22
Mike Mercury
Chief Meat Gazer
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #98
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Points: 108,566, Level: 100
Activity: 41.5%
 
Mike Mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 37,386
Thanks: 13,966
Thanked 24,244 Times in 9,286 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5135124
Default

Quote:
Wrote this song for CFOT

the sheer negativity there is not something I need.

Oddly, if I post up my art (music) I'm bragging. However, this rule doesn't apply to anyone else.

One douche bag actually got so butt hurt he said "You aren't that good"

dude; like... what did you expect?

Makes no sense to write a good song about CFOT, post it there, then be surprised about all the negativity flung your direction, then to complain about it over here.

Suggestion;
*make songs about places/forums that are friendly... and post it there.
*mention common things about the forum that you appreciate... that others can relate to.

More relateable content.... and posted on the friendlier venue.
Mike Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Mercury For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 8:25am   #23
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 43,968, Level: 100
Activity: 11.6%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,825
Thanks: 967
Thanked 6,413 Times in 2,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
dude; like... what did you expect?

Makes no sense to write a good song about CFOT, post it there, then be surprised about all the negativity flung your direction, then to complain about it over here.

Suggestion;
*make songs about places/forums that are friendly... and post it there.
*mention common things about the forum that you appreciate... that others can relate to.

More relateable content.... and posted on the friendlier venue.

That thread was fine. I was speaking generally. But I agree. Iíve been doing a lot lately to cut negativity out of my life. I stayed away from here too since many of the trolls came here. I expect them to show up in this thread eventually.

It is my hope that harassment wonít be tolerated here except for that one guy.

I can break balls with the best of them. But when every thread one posts turns into a contest to argue and belittle, it gets old.

I donít get the fascination with people attempting to get someone to melt down. One must have a pretty pathetic life to get off on that. Luckily Iíve been around long enough to understand the game.

Itís not that I get butthurt. (I donít) but itís stupid.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 8:36am   #24
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Points: 17,407, Level: 91
Activity: 99.7%
 
z06psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: GFY and STFU'ville
Posts: 7,582
Thanks: 1,113
Thanked 11,268 Times in 4,407 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
That thread was fine. I was speaking generally. But I agree. Iíve been doing a lot lately to cut negativity out of my life. I stayed away from here too since many of the trolls came here. I expect them to show up in this thread eventually.

It is my hope that harassment wonít be tolerated here except for that one guy.

I can break balls with the best of them. But when every thread one posts turns into a contest to argue and belittle, it gets old.

I donít get the fascination with people attempting to get someone to melt down. One must have a pretty pathetic life to get off on that. Luckily Iíve been around long enough to understand the game.

Itís not that I get butthurt. (I donít) but itís stupid.
#1 starts #2.

I am not musically talented so I have no good opinion to give but your skills sound good to me.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to z06psi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 8:47am   #25
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 98,975, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 7,021
Thanks: 112
Thanked 11,929 Times in 4,171 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
I can break balls with the best of them. But when every thread one posts turns into a contest to argue and belittle, it gets old.

I bust your chops,
but...

I've never criticized your musical chops....or anybody else's for that matter.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strats-N-Vettes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 9:38am   #26
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 105,291, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 121,652
Thanks: 89,834
Thanked 19,363 Times in 9,364 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784
Default

I can't carry a tune in a bucket, so who am I to criticize anyone's musical talent, or lack thereof.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 10:18am   #27
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Points: 17,034, Level: 90
Activity: 99.0%
 
Little Red L98.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: The Ďburg
Posts: 7,476
Thanks: 2,751
Thanked 8,769 Times in 3,216 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
I bust your chops,
but...

I've never criticized your musical chops....or anybody else's for that matter.
Not even Kanye? I think he has a lot of talent, but heís crazy as a loon, and his recent stuff is not as good as his early stuff IMHO. He is one hell of a producer and collaborator.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:26am   #28
Strats-N-Vettes
A Real Barner
Points: 98,975, Level: 100
Activity: 99.0%
 
Strats-N-Vettes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ♫♫ ♪ ♫♫♫ ♪ ♫♫
Posts: 7,021
Thanks: 112
Thanked 11,929 Times in 4,171 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2034428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
Not even Kanye?

I think he has a lot of talent, but heís crazy as a loon, and his recent stuff is not as good as his early stuff IMHO. He is one hell of a producer and collaborator.

If I ever see Kanye play an actual instrument .... no.
Strats-N-Vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:37am   #29
Little Red L98.
A Real Barner
Points: 17,034, Level: 90
Activity: 99.0%
 
Little Red L98.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: The Ďburg
Posts: 7,476
Thanks: 2,751
Thanked 8,769 Times in 3,216 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $894473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes View Post
If I ever see Kanye play an actual instrument .... no.
He is more of a producer/writer than a musician. I believe he has chops with keyboard instruments. He might be crazy but heís no dummy. Just look at his Wikipedia page.
Little Red L98. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Red L98. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 10:50am   #30
The_Dude
Bantayan Kids '14
Points: 27,465, Level: 100
Activity: 83.7%
 
The_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 44,638
Thanks: 37,947
Thanked 7,814 Times in 3,186 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898
Default

****'em. It's unlikely that any of them would do as well.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 11:31am   #31
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 62,267, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 34,276
Thanks: 14,294
Thanked 12,279 Times in 5,938 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590
Default

Snik ain't no Kanye West.

And that's a good thing.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 12:56pm   #32
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 135,380, Level: 100
Activity: 23.0%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,685
Thanks: 6,248
Thanked 10,337 Times in 6,210 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury View Post
dude; like... what did you expect?

Makes no sense to write a good song about CFOT, post it there, then be surprised about all the negativity flung your direction, then to complain about it over here.

Suggestion;
*make songs about places/forums that are friendly... and post it there.
*mention common things about the forum that you appreciate... that others can relate to.

More relateable content.... and posted on the friendlier venue.
Who here is criticizing ?? Good tuneage Pete !!
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff '79 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 6:50pm   #33
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 43,968, Level: 100
Activity: 11.6%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,825
Thanks: 967
Thanked 6,413 Times in 2,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Who here is criticizing ?? Good tuneage Pete !!
Nobody yet. But I donít mind criticizing. What gets old is people just looking for problems. Then doing it on every post one makes. Iíve been in the music business 40 years. Iíve been slammed every which way but loose. Hell Iíve had shot glasses thrown at me. my Les Paul bears the scars.

My producer is like Simon friggin Cowell. It truly doesnít bother me. He makes me better. One doesnít produce an album like my last one without being pushed and with honest criticism.

But I have to wonder about the moral character of someone who would be so derogatory. Even if I was terrible, itís not something you should say about someoneís passion and art.

I did consider challenging said douche to an online head cutting contest. But Iím not competitive. (Any more. We used to have weekly head cutting sessions in Milwaukee. Absolutely brutal and in front of a live audience. You got judged by applause after the duel. Anyone could walk off the street and challenge the weekís king. So much pointless fun. I got smoked a few times by a guitarist nobody had heard of. Some kid named Kenny Wayne Sheperd.

SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 7:00pm   #34
Dan Dlabay
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 18,518, Level: 94
Activity: 10.6%
 
Dan Dlabay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kettering Ohio
Posts: 7,597
Thanks: 2,645
Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,876 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $875210
Default

Sounds good and I like your style.
Dan Dlabay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan Dlabay For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 10:42am   #35
ThePirate
Barn Stall Owner #107
Points: 1,663, Level: 24
Activity: 2.7%
 
ThePirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 365
Thanks: 120
Thanked 325 Times in 142 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1793
Default

Excellent Snick. I only find one type of music that I can't find you playing- Bluegrass. An art form that never has gotten the overall praise it should get. Next time you play here humor me and throw in a little old, timey music. I'll be here "buck dancing" until the cows come home. Sing along it it also. I know that you can do it. Hell, if I can sound reasonable playing G - C- D- Am you would be the bomb and perhaps get you started on a new career.
ThePirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:30pm   #36
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 135,380, Level: 100
Activity: 23.0%
 
Jeff '79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WHERE I LAY MY HEAD IS HOME - REHO BEACH DELAWARE
Posts: 41,685
Thanks: 6,248
Thanked 10,337 Times in 6,210 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Nobody yet. But I donít mind criticizing. What gets old is people just looking for problems. Then doing it on every post one makes. Iíve been in the music business 40 years. Iíve been slammed every which way but loose. Hell Iíve had shot glasses thrown at me. my Les Paul bears the scars.

My producer is like Simon friggin Cowell. It truly doesnít bother me. He makes me better. One doesnít produce an album like my last one without being pushed and with honest criticism.

But I have to wonder about the moral character of someone who would be so derogatory. Even if I was terrible, itís not something you should say about someoneís passion and art.

I did consider challenging said douche to an online head cutting contest. But Iím not competitive. (Any more. We used to have weekly head cutting sessions in Milwaukee. Absolutely brutal and in front of a live audience. You got judged by applause after the duel. Anyone could walk off the street and challenge the weekís king. So much pointless fun. I got smoked a few times by a guitarist nobody had heard of. Some kid named Kenny Wayne Sheperd.

Qusetions about your sonic settings aren't criticisms, just curiosity on your settings.
I find that half the fun of figuring out someone else's song is nailing the sonics.
I'd challenge anyone who criticizes your music to bring it on and throw one down to see how their song is.
That being said, criticizing ones art just comes with the territory. You gotta have thick skin because what's good for one person, may be the opposite for another.
Kinda like politics.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:49pm   #37
MrPeabody
A Real Barner
Points: 62,267, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
 
MrPeabody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 34,276
Thanks: 14,294
Thanked 12,279 Times in 5,938 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2214590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin View Post
Nobody yet. But I donít mind criticizing. What gets old is people just looking for problems. Then doing it on every post one makes. Iíve been in the music business 40 years. Iíve been slammed every which way but loose. Hell Iíve had shot glasses thrown at me. my Les Paul bears the scars.

My producer is like Simon friggin Cowell. It truly doesnít bother me. He makes me better. One doesnít produce an album like my last one without being pushed and with honest criticism.

But I have to wonder about the moral character of someone who would be so derogatory. Even if I was terrible, itís not something you should say about someoneís passion and art.

I did consider challenging said douche to an online head cutting contest. But Iím not competitive. (Any more. We used to have weekly head cutting sessions in Milwaukee. Absolutely brutal and in front of a live audience. You got judged by applause after the duel. Anyone could walk off the street and challenge the weekís king. So much pointless fun. I got smoked a few times by a guitarist nobody had heard of. Some kid named Kenny Wayne Sheperd.

I've probably spent more time watching live music in small venues than most people have. While constructive criticism can be a good thing if honestly given and taken, my policy is I will always applaud for any one who just gets on a stage and gives it a try. And if I get a chance, at the end of the show I will personally thank them for making music, because it's a very big and important part of my life, even if I don't have the skill to play it.
MrPeabody is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 6:11pm   #38
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 43,968, Level: 100
Activity: 11.6%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,825
Thanks: 967
Thanked 6,413 Times in 2,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Qusetions about your sonic settings aren't criticisms, just curiosity on your settings.
I find that half the fun of figuring out someone else's song is nailing the sonics.
I'd challenge anyone who criticizes your music to bring it on and throw one down to see how their song is.
That being said, criticizing ones art just comes with the territory. You gotta have thick skin because what's good for one person, may be the opposite for another.
Kinda like politics.
Exactly. You learn this early in Art School. If you donít, you will never survive it. Particularly for commercial art. Until you learn to separate yourself from your art, the corporate world Will earth your ducking lunch. Iíve fired a hell of a lot of prima Donna artists that took things personally.

Thatís why Iím absolutely bullet proof. I literally feel nothing if someone criticizes my work (visual, audio, film, design, whatever). Although itís entertaining when some douch hole is criticizing when they canít even stand on the same stage with you.

Iíve performed with seven different Grammy winners. (There I said it.) Said douche hole known as MagRedCorvette doesnít qualify to even suck my dick.

Try working at that level. Talk about harsh assholes. Even the roadies are dicks. and some of them can play their asses off. I had a guitar tech that smoked my ass when I was with James Cotton.

I used to teach Graphic Design and Advanced Photography at the University of Wisconsin. The Dean told me my greatest strength was my (his words) ďsearch and destroyĒ critiques. I spared no feelings because I ran an ad agency and Fortune 100 clients would chew us up and spit us out daily. I wanted to prepare those students for the real world. Most thought I was the biggest asshole that lived. A few ďgot itĒ. I usually hired them.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 6:21pm   #39
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 43,968, Level: 100
Activity: 11.6%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,825
Thanks: 967
Thanked 6,413 Times in 2,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePirate View Post
Excellent Snick. I only find one type of music that I can't find you playing- Bluegrass. An art form that never has gotten the overall praise it should get. Next time you play here humor me and throw in a little old, timey music. I'll be here "buck dancing" until the cows come home. Sing along it it also. I know that you can do it. Hell, if I can sound reasonable playing G - C- D- Am you would be the bomb and perhaps get you started on a new career.
Ha! A couple years ago I was invited to a private wedding of a major artist. He had two weddings, one public and one private. Of course the room was full of astounding players from all over the world. We jammed together in random groups until the wee hours. Then the acoustics came out and it was all bluegrass. My god it was fun.

I whipped off some lad fills and some chick with fluorescent hair from Hollywood said ďholy shit, you can play that thing!Ē That felt good. Although she was pretty wasted. I surprised myself. When the feeling is right, itís so easy to scorch.

One dude in a wheel chair started singing. Good lord! Unbelievable voice! Humbling for sure.

I donít own an acoustic. But in seventh grade, my science teacher used to come in with his brother who played banjo. He played guitar and they would burn the bluegrass. I remember a song called ďMountain DewĒ

My brother Bill runs a still on the hill
Where he turns out a gallon or two
And the buzzards in the sky get so drunk they can not fly
Just from sniffing that good old mountain dew.

They call it that old Mountain Dew
And those who refuse it are few
So shut up yer mug and fill up my jug
Of that good Ďol Mountain Dew

Etc. thatís all I can remember. I love that stuff.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 6:37pm   #40
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Points: 43,968, Level: 100
Activity: 11.6%
 
SnikPlosskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Uranus, Tx
Posts: 7,825
Thanks: 967
Thanked 6,413 Times in 2,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default

SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:05am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page