Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2010, 9:29am   #1
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154
Default Hope & Change Now At 9.8%

Wow the stimilus package really is working, oh yes we are getting further away from not going over 8% as the President told us if we passed his failed spending package of shovel ready jobs

By Greg Robb, MarketWatch
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The U.S. economy added jobs at a much slower pace in November than in October, suggesting that the economy will continue to struggle in coming months.

Nonfarm payrolls rose by 39,000 in November, far lower than the 155,000 gain expected by economists surveyed by MarketWatch and the upwardly revised figure of 172,000 jobs gained in October. See MarketWatch calendar of key economic indicators.

The unemployment rate unexpectedly rose to 9.8% in November from 9.6% in October according to a separate survey of 60,000 households. Economists had been expecting the unemployment rate to remain steady. This is the highest unemployment rate since April.

The report is sure to upset financial markets, and stock futures /quotes/comstock/21m!f:sp\z10 (SPZ10 1,217, -6.00, -0.49%) dropped quickly after the report. Economists had thought they had detected the economy picking up steam.

“November’s U.S. employment report is a painful reality check for those hoping that a meaningful acceleration in economic activity was underway,” said Paul Dales, a U.S. economist at Capital Economics.

Unemployment increased by 276,000 to 15.1 million for November, while employment fell, dipping 173,000 to 138.9 million. Read the full government report.

Of the 15.1 million persons unemployed in November, 41.9% had been jobless for 27 weeks or more.

This statistic has alarmed Federal Reserve officials and was one key factor in their decision to launch a controversial $600 billion bond-purchase plan last month to try to give the economy a push.

U.S. economy adds just 39,000 jobsThe U.S. economy added far fewer jobs than expected in November while the unemployment rate rose to 9.8%, the highest since April, underlining continued weakness in the labor market. Evan Newmark, Dennis Berman, Steve Russolillo, Phil Izzo and Sudeep Reddy discuss.
The payrolls count in September and October was revised higher by a cumulative 38,000. Payrolls fell a revised 24,000 in September and rose by 172,000 in October.

An alternative measure of the unemployment rate, which includes discouraged workers and those forced to work part-time because of the weak economy, held steady at 17%.

Among all industries 52% were hiring, down from 58% in October

Retail sales lost 28,000 jobs in November. This caught economists by surprise. Many had expected shops to add workers for the holiday season.

The factory sector lost 13,000 jobs.

Temporary help services and health care added jobs.

The government sector shed 11,000 jobs in November.

The average workweek was steady at 34.3 hours.

Average hourly earnings in September were virtually unchanged at $22.75. Economists had been expecting a 0.2% gain. Earnings are up 1.6% in the past year.

Incoming House Speaker John Boehner quickly put out a statement urging Democrats to stop all tax increases and cut spending.

“If they don’t, the new House majority will in January,” Boehner said.

Taxes are set to rise on all incomes on Jan. 1 if Congress doesn’t act. Closed-door negotiations between the White House and top Congressional leaders have been ongoing through the week.

Tig Gilliam, regional head of North America for the human resources firm Adecco Group /quotes/comstock/06p!aden-otc (CH:ADEN 59.65, +0.05, +0.08%) , said he thought the November job report was likely to be “one month in the wrong direction” and not a reversal of improving trends in the labor market underway since last summer.

He pointed out that using a three-month average, the labor market is on an upswing. In addition, temporary help services employment rose by 40,000 in November, the largest amount since March.

Greg Robb is a senior reporter for MarketWatch in Washington.

Unemployment hits 9.8% as payrolls add just 39,000 Economic Report - MarketWatch
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 9:37am   #2
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Don’t worry; Ten years of Tax-Cuts should have us right on track and in the Black any day now.

9.8 is lower than 10.6 in January 2010 ... or is that new Math for you?
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 9:57am   #3
Exotix
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0

It's been 29 days since the last election .... where's the jobs Boner ?

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:03am   #4
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotix View Post

Oh last time I looked the Dems still control all parts of law making, we are now at a post depression high for unemployement above 9% of 19 months, will be quite sometime before this comes down, oh the Senate is still in the Libs hands as is the White House, nothing the House can do if the POTUS or Senate do not get on board.

Under Slick Willie (Clinton) when the Reps controlled congress things worked very well as he did work with the other party, so far the POTUS has not worked one bit with the Reps, look at the stimilus, HC, Cap & Tax, Finance Bills all dominated by what Obama wanted and he has told the Reps you get to ride in the back of the bus
Old 12-03-2010, 10:05am   #5
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
Oh last time I looked the Dems still control all parts of law making, we are now at a post depression high for unemployement above 9% of 19 months, will be quite sometime before this comes down, oh the Senate is still in the Libs hands as is the White House, nothing the House can do if the POTUS or Senate do not get on board.

Under Slick Willie (Clinton) when the Reps controlled congress things worked very well as he did work with the other party, so far the POTUS has not worked one bit with the Reps, look at the stimilus, HC, Cap & Tax, Finance Bills all dominated by what Obama wanted and he has told the Reps you get to ride in the back of the bus
Then we all have a lot to look forward to in the next couple months …

Please get back to us on the exciting new progress.

I can't wait.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07am   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

WTF is he looking for ... ?

The Ball is still on the TEE ...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:12am   #7
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post

I can't wait.
If the right-wing congressional wacko mandate is *I need Obama to fail as a one-term president so we can vote in Palin* ... well that's called progress ... heck, it's what I was slapp'n upside Old Vettes' head from over on D.C. when he was insulted every time I told 'em what a GOP / Tea Bag progressive is ... is ... day in and day out ...

... they're / it's called *right-wing progressive(s)(ism)* ... or McCarthyism ... same circle jerk since Herbert Hooverville ...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13am   #8
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:

I can't wait.
What progress do you expect out of a POTUS who has not been showing leadership, except for polices that America does not want, Americans are not for the Healthcare law, where are the jobs from the failed stimilus, they do not want Tax and Cap to pay more at the pump and to power our homes, the bank finance law has made getting a loan harder.

I see you expect 1/3 of the law making to do it, yes if the POTUS gets on board with comprise, seems the first one is in the works on the current tax law being extended and the Pubs giving in on the handouts to those unemployed longer than 6 months who do not want to take a job for less, but want us to support them even longer
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13am   #9
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
WTF is he looking for ... ?

The Ball is still on the TEE ...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:16am   #10
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
What progress do you expect out of a POTUS who has not been showing leadership, except for polices that America does not want, Americans are not for the Healthcare law, where are the jobs from the failed stimilus, they do not want Tax and Cap to pay more at the pump and to power our homes, the bank finance law has made getting a loan harder.

I see you expect 1/3 of the law making to do it, yes if the POTUS gets on board with comprise, seems the first one is in the works on the current tax law being extended and the Pubs giving in on the handouts to those unemployed longer than 6 months who do not want to take a job for less, but want us to support them even longer
You guys need to make up your mind on who you give credit to and blame.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:21am   #11
Exotix
Banned

Quote:

This is your GOP Plan ?

Blame Obama for Clinton who signed the TARP & Reinvestment Act because Bush didn't exist ?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:27am   #12
ChasC5
Banned

Hope / Change or Bitter / Angry

I think I’ll choose to have a pleasant Friday.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32am   #13
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
This is your GOP Plan ?

Blame Obama for Clinton who signed the TARP & Reinvestment Act because Bush didn't exist ?
Under Clinton and Rep controlled congress Welfare was cut along with defense, the economy did work with this setting, the current admin is throwing more at handouts than at anytime in our history, seems this is working to keep unemployment at post depression highs as, sitting on there ass is better than taking a job that may pay less. Clinton and the Dems are on the real hook as they wanted everyone to own a home, where did this get us, make those stated income loans, and to those without a chance to make the payments, seems Freddie and Fannie are failures that we still dump billions of our tax dollars into.

Taxed Enough Already
Old 12-03-2010, 10:38am   #14
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Under Clinton and Rep controlled congress Welfare was cut along with defense, the economy did work with this setting, the current admin is throwing more at handouts than at anytime in our history, seems this is working to keep unemployment at post depression highs as, sitting on there ass is better than taking a job that may pay less. Clinton and the Dems are on the real hook as they wanted everyone to own a home, where did this get us, make those stated income loans, and to those without a chance to make the payments, seems Freddie and Fannie are failures that we still dump billions of our tax dollars into.

Taxed Enough Already
I’m sure there has to be a few uninhabited islands where no one will bother you.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43am   #15
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Under Clinton and Rep controlled congress Welfare was cut along with defense, the economy did work with this setting, the current admin is throwing more at handouts than at anytime in our history, seems this is working to keep unemployment at post depression highs as, sitting on there ass is better than taking a job that may pay less.

Clinton and the Dems are on the real hook as they wanted everyone to own a home, where did this get us, make those stated income loans, and to those without a chance to make the payments, seems Freddie and Fannie are failures that we still dump billions of our tax dollars into.

Taxed Enough Already
Well we all know 9/11 and the trillions spent for Iraq & Afghanistan was Clintons' fault because he didn't go after Bin Laden because he slashed Defense spending ... and now it's the fags in the military's fault ...

Old 12-03-2010, 10:49am   #16
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

Taxed Enough Already
Go ahead ... say it, you know what you really want to say.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:52am   #17
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Quote:
Well we all know 9/11 and the trillions spent for Iraq & Afghanistan was Clintons' fault because he didn't go after Bin Laden because he slashed Defense spending ... and now it's the fags in the military's fault ...

I am sad to see that is what you think, I was serving in the Military under Clinton and with the up tempo and the cutbacks I got to see my working hours increase 40% pay zero for the extra hours, I still served as I was a patriot. 9/11 is worthy of being in Afghanistan, once we went to Iraq we need to finish vs run, after all we are still in South Korea and the war has not officially ended there

I served with gays in the military and resent your statement here, on it is there fault, no matter my positon on this issue you are out of line in this statement. Clinton was more interested in our economy and this worked as this is what America wanted, not what I see going with the current POTUS, I see he was more interested in passing Socalist bills with more Govt Control.

We see how Govt really works great and makes a profit, yes the Post Office and Amtrack, oh I was wrong they run well into the red, just like the rest of the Federal Govt

Oh BTW I am Taxed Enough Already
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56am   #18
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
I am sad to see that is what you think, I was serving in the Military under Clinton and with the up tempo and the cutbacks I got to see my working hours increase 40% pay zero for the extra hours, I still served as I was a patriot. 9/11 is worthy of being in Afghanistan, once we went to Iraq we need to finish vs run, after all we are still in South Korea and the war has not officially ended there

I served with gays in the military and resent your statement here, on it is there fault, no matter my positon on this issue you are out of line in this statement. Clinton was more interested in our economy and this worked as this is what America wanted, not what I see going with the current POTUS, I see he was more interested in passing Socalist bills with more Govt Control.

We see how Govt really works great and makes a profit, yes the Post Office and Amtrack, oh I was wrong they run well into the red, just like the rest of the Federal Govt

My apology.
I was unable to comprehend how you're taxed enough already since the Bush Tax Cuts of 10 years ago to present while spending trillions and trillions on wars until we're bankrupt is even remotely socialist ... communist/national socialist fascist maybe ... but not socialist ...
Old 12-03-2010, 10:59am   #19
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:

I bet after Clinton first two years as POTUS, you didn’t have anything nice to say about him.

So, can we at least let this POTUS finish one term, before you close the History Book?
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17am   #20
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
I bet after Clinton first two years as POTUS, you didn’t have anything nice to say about him.

So, can we at least let this POTUS finish one term, before you close the History Book?
It's called *austerity* (Clinton in infinite wisdom saw what was coming after the Reagan & Bush I bankruptcy of the nation) ... today this word to the right-wingers means socialism/communism/national socialist fascism lead by an n*word witchdoctor with a bone through his nose who needs to be impeached because he is one ... and restore America to it's rightful place ...

TGIF ...

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion