Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion

C6 Open Discussion General and technical C6 Corvette discussion - ownership, maintenance, repairs, modifications, tuning

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2021, 10:29am   #1
Shrike6
Barn Raising II,III,IV
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,731 Times in 902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $619461
Default Jim Mero’s MRC software.

I just had my MRC module swapped out for one with Jim Mero’s software update. My 2011 Grand Sport has always impressed me with how the MRC can alter the suspension compliance, and provide a good ride when desired. I heard about Jim Mero’s updated software for the C6, and was interested. I read a bunch of people’s reviews, and they were all glowing. So, I had the module swapped out. As I drove back home, I was amazed how quickly I noticed the difference. I had expected a subtle change, but this was instantly noticed. The tour setting was much more comfortable, with less impact harshness, and a more supple, controlled ride. Body motions were lessened, too. I then switched to sport. There was none of the feeling of impact harshness here either, it was firmer, but better controlled than stock. It’s hard to put into words exactly what the overall change is. But, it’s like Jim had another chance to spend more time dialing everything in more precisely. It is a sea change in how the suspension reacts. I can highly recommend it, it’s more than worth the cost.
Shrike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike6 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 11:54am   #2
WydGlydJim
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 10.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

the ride control is specific for the ZR1......I.E. much better factory stock.....I don't think the JM benefits are much better in that application. although I have no first hand knowledge just hearsay. Seems like it makes a big difference in your application. I have actually heard some folks were disappointed in the swap on a ZR1.

WydGlydJim is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C6 Corvette > C6 Open Discussion