Old 12-28-2010, 8:11pm   #1
Exotix
Banned
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $0
Default Kaiser ~ Over 50 million Americans without Healthcare

Uninsured Rate Soars, 50+ Million Americans Without Coverage

Today

Uninsured Rate Soars, 50+ Million Americans Without Coverage - Kaiser Health News

50 Million Americans Have No Health Insurance CBS Miami – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and Miami's Best

MIAMI (CBS4) – A new study from the Kaiser Foundation is giving a grim view of the state of health insurance in the country as the new GOP leadership in the House of Representatives prepares to try and systematically dismantle health care reform.

According to the study, the number of nonelderly uninsured Americans stood at 50 million in 2009.
That was an increase of 4.3 million people from the previous year.
The reason behind the decline was believed to be the economic collapse of the Great Recession.

The 9.8 percent unemployment coincided with the increase of nonelderly uninsured Americans because the majority of that demographic receive health insurance through their employers.
As jobs disappeared and firings increased, the uninsured population grew.

Nearly one-third of Americans between the ages of 19 and 29 years old now are uninsured.
A total of nearly 20 percent of Americans now lack health care.

Overall, according to the Huffington Post, the number of uninsured Americans is now greater than the population of Spain.

Number Of Uninsured Americans Soars To Over 50 Million

Not only were the uninsured impacted, but the average annual premium paid by workers for health insurance rose 30 percent in 2010.

The study found that more than three-quarters of the uninsured come from working families and that four in ten of the uninsured are individuals and families who are poor (incomes less than the federal poverty line).

The Kaiser Foundation report also found that the lack of insurance is also preventing causing one-quarter of those without insurance from getting needed medical care in 2009.

In addition, in 2010, 27 percent of uninsured adults used up all or most of their savings paying medical bills. Nearly 50 percent of uninsured households had $600 or less in total assets, excluding cars and/or a house.

The cost of uninsured to taxpayers in 2008 also jumped to $57 billion in 2008 and 75 percent of the total ($42.9 billion) was paid by federal, state, and local governments, the study found.

Exotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:15pm   #2
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
News flash for ya. My dad doesn't have insurance BY CHOICE.

There many who chose the same.
I think the figure here of 50 million people without healthcare coincides with 9.8% unemployment and epic foreclosures and financial ruin ... not necessarily your off-topic commentary regarding Obamacare ...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26pm   #3
Exotix
Banned

Quote:
Would be interesting to see some verifiable numbers to go along with your hypothesis.
Google is my friend so is MSNBC ...
Old 12-29-2010, 8:26am   #4
ChasC5
Banned

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $37320

Quote:
News flash for ya. My dad doesn't have insurance BY CHOICE.

There many who chose the same.
No offense to you or your Dad, but choosing not to have Health Insurance isn’t exactly the smartest move any knowledgeable Adult. Be smart, as a good Son, you should help your Dad out now, rather than pay the consequences latter. What are the odds of dying healthy?
ChasC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 9:26am   #5
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasC5 View Post
No offense to you or your Dad, but choosing not to have Health Insurance isn’t exactly the smartest move any knowledgeable Adult.
So that means Gov't must step in and make the decision for him? If he elects to not purchase a product he must now pay the Government?

Is that inline with your definition of freedom?
Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 9:36am   #6
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post
So that means Gov't must step in and make the decision for him? If he elects to not purchase a product he must now pay the Government?

Is that inline with your definition of freedom?

No, that’s not at all what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, not having insurance only cost everyone on the end. Because, when the EMTs show up, they will do their job, and someone will pay the bill; and if you don’t have insurance, you’re only making yourself a burden on society.

It’s only basic economics, if GM was selling 3 Corvettes a year, how much would your Corvette had cost you?

On the other hand, if new Corvettes cost $25k, how many Honda and Mustangs owners would there be?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:06am   #7
Y2Kvert4me
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
someone will pay the bill; and if you don’t have insurance, you’re only making yourself a burden on society.
Only with the assumption the individual was unable to pay for the care received.

There are many self-insured individuals and companies in the US.
Most of which will soon have to pay a penalty to the government for being in the (desirable) position of self-sufficiency.
Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2010, 10:16am   #8
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
No, that’s not at all what I’m saying. What I’m saying is, not having insurance only cost everyone on the end. Because, when the EMTs show up, they will do their job, and someone will pay the bill; and if you don’t have insurance, you’re only making yourself a burden on society.

It’s only basic economics, if GM was selling 3 Corvettes a year, how much would your Corvette had cost you?

On the other hand, if new Corvettes cost $25k, how many Honda and Mustangs owners would there be?
ILLOGICAL comparo above there, GM into making vette for a profit and prestige, and so MAYBE they can see carrying it for a few years...maybe....
one thing is, WE will not know what their b/even point is, but note that they did not change a whole lot from c5-c6 so kept R*D down to a min cost....

NOW as to .gov....that is all BS above....the EMT's bet paid anyway, wether they set playing cards or go on a call, the only cost variable is the fuel and drugs and maintenance has to be done anyway on the WAAmbulance.....

i'ts like the guy across the street has this basically hugely overweight diabetic arthritic sister she gets some rub on cream for her joints....
called Voltaren Gel.....gives me a tube every once in a while....it does help the joints, and no not THAT one, my feet mainly, hands too....
now he says the .gov she is on pays like 100 bux/tube for that ****.....ain't a chemical on earth worth 100 bux for a 100gram tube.....talk about PROFIT margin.....think for a second that Wally world hands out scrips for 4 bux/month off a list of over 500 pills.....and NOT make money on that???
matched by any one of many pharmacies and food stores here locally.....think Winn Dixie is subsidizing my 4 buck/month pill use??

Hospitals and Docs are experts on this billing craft, they make more money off the .gov there and insurance companies than the law allows....

LOOK, some time ago, when hotel fees were about 100 bux/night for a nice Marriott......some hotel magnate said he could run any hospital for 100 bux/night-day stay per patient....he was correct....

surgery....4 hours in the room, surgeon worth maybe a grand, knock expert (I can't spell anastegiologist) is another grand or so, drugs maybe 5 bux.....

outta there in a day or so....

I had a visit to the ER last year about this time.....diavertrickulosis....too many damn nutz, they wanted 5400 some odd bux for that 4 hour visit....
who in hell kidding who?? somehow I"m sure the .gov paid it age 66 here....

I could see maybe 10% of that figger.....

what has happened in everyone has buried the health care costs in bull**** and red tape to the point we have more damn administrators than care givers....THAT has to stop....talk about a MAKE WORK PROJECT, it's another
WPA....****, at least with the WPA we got Skyline Drive and River Walk to show for it......WTF we got for all this crap?? another pile of paper??

oh, good for the logging and computer industries, I suppose....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:35am   #9
ChasC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
ILLOGICAL comparo above there, GM into making vette for a profit and prestige, and so MAYBE they can see carrying it for a few years...maybe....
one thing is, WE will not know what their b/even point is, but note that they did not change a whole lot from c5-c6 so kept R*D down to a min cost....

NOW as to .gov....that is all BS above....the EMT's bet paid anyway, wether they set playing cards or go on a call, the only cost variable is the fuel and drugs and maintenance has to be done anyway on the WAAmbulance.....

i'ts like the guy across the street has this basically hugely overweight diabetic arthritic sister she gets some rub on cream for her joints....
called Voltaren Gel.....gives me a tube every once in a while....it does help the joints, and no not THAT one, my feet mainly, hands too....
now he says the .gov she is on pays like 100 bux/tube for that ****.....ain't a chemical on earth worth 100 bux for a 100gram tube.....talk about PROFIT margin.....think for a second that Wally world hands out scrips for 4 bux/month off a list of over 500 pills.....and NOT make money on that???
matched by any one of many pharmacies and food stores here locally.....think Winn Dixie is subsidizing my 4 buck/month pill use??

Hospitals and Docs are experts on this billing craft, they make more money off the .gov there and insurance companies than the law allows....

LOOK, some time ago, when hotel fees were about 100 bux/night for a nice Marriott......some hotel magnate said he could run any hospital for 100 bux/night-day stay per patient....he was correct....

surgery....4 hours in the room, surgeon worth maybe a grand, knock expert (I can't spell anastegiologist) is another grand or so, drugs maybe 5 bux.....

outta there in a day or so....

I had a visit to the ER last year about this time.....diavertrickulosis....too many damn nutz, they wanted 5400 some odd bux for that 4 hour visit....
who in hell kidding who?? somehow I"m sure the .gov paid it age 66 here....

I could see maybe 10% of that figger.....

what has happened in everyone has buried the health care costs in bull**** and red tape to the point we have more damn administrators than care givers....THAT has to stop....talk about a MAKE WORK PROJECT, it's another
WPA....****, at least with the WPA we got Skyline Drive and River Walk to show for it......WTF we got for all this crap?? another pile of paper??

oh, good for the logging and computer industries, I suppose....

Ok so hows this for an economic answer; Supply and Demand.
Old 12-29-2010, 1:51pm   #10
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.1%

Thanked 11,561 Times in 5,701 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Ok so hows this for an economic answer; Supply and Demand.
How about, the .gov is a single payer, and get's bilked because there is NO standard of comparison????

I got no problem with a doc making 250 grand/year...fine, nurse maybe 100 grand, talking in mid america now, not some overpriced city where they maybe need 2-3x that just to rent a safe apartment with no view.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:26pm   #11
Peter Pan
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #58

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $13154

Yes us taxpayers need to provide free healthcare for those 50 million uninsured, that is the answer to fix the problem, we do after all have 53 percent of Americans paying federal taxes, soak us taxpayers more, I mean the rich they do not pay enough.

It is a right of birth to have health insurance issued, free college, good paying job, and someone else pay for it, I am entitled to all of this, it is in the constitution right?

This taxpayer is taxed enough already and all those socalist programs are suc$ing us dry, but record deficts do not matter, just make new handout programs someone will evently pay for it. I hope the house does not fund the HC bill and we have a stoppage in congress and get this killed and spending cut to be inline with taxes collected and not one red cent more
Peter Pan is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion