Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2016, 6:42pm   #1
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Activity: 34.6%

Thanked 10,155 Times in 4,727 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11380138
Default Reddit is doing something very nefarious to The_Donald right now.

Yesterday they announced that T_D was going to have special rules applied to it. Because we had too much visibility on their r/all page. This was after the CEO edited posts made by members there last week, something that was just so far over the line it's crazy. His "remedy" to him editing our posts was to enact special rules that apply only to T_D. We still got a bunch of posts to show up on r/all yesterday because people were flooding in to support us. They were already suppressing this subreddit in a number of sneaky ways, but right now something really dark is going on.

I'm about 99% sure they are about to do a hostile takeover of the subreddit and quarantine us from the rest of reddit. Wouldn't surprise me if after a few days of quarantine with "zero tolerance" rules they'll just find a way to ban the subreddit like they did recently with r/pizzagate.

This probably doesn't sound like a big deal to many people, but this was the most active and popular site in the internet that was pro-Trump, and it's on the 7th most popular website in the USA. PEOTUS Trump himself did an AMA there.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 6:49pm   #2
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Meh, no worries. With over 300k members which you and I make two, the herd will move to somewhere else. They've already got a Twitter and Voat account to keep the masses informed. Right now, I'd venture to say T_D is the most active and vocal sub.

Reddit used to be a place of free speech. Now, it's fast becoming a cess pool with plenty of butt hurt SJWs.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 9:35pm   #3
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $106691

you knew things were going to shit when the ceo changed. it's been downhill since IMO
SteelCityBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:41pm   #4
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Meh, no worries. With over 300k members which you and I make two, the herd will move to somewhere else. They've already got a Twitter and Voat account to keep the masses informed. Right now, I'd venture to say T_D is the most active and vocal sub.

Reddit used to be a place of free speech. Now, it's fast becoming a cess pool with plenty of butt hurt SJWs.
This is major, IMHO. They have decided to go full retard.
Old 12-02-2016, 4:10am   #5
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
This is major, IMHO. They have decided to go full retard.
I absolutely get the repressing freedom of speech. However, I'm beginning to think that works both ways. If the +300k folks were to migrate to a free speech site, all would be better. Of course, a daily DDoS of Reddit would then be a fun thing to watch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2016, 6:30am   #6
Broken Wind
A Real Barner

Thanked 2,418 Times in 934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1013854

Quote:
Yesterday they announced that T_D was going to have special rules applied to it. Because we had too much visibility on their r/all page. This was after the CEO edited posts made by members there last week, something that was just so far over the line it's crazy. His "remedy" to him editing our posts was to enact special rules that apply only to T_D. We still got a bunch of posts to show up on r/all yesterday because people were flooding in to support us. They were already suppressing this subreddit in a number of sneaky ways, but right now something really dark is going on.

I'm about 99% sure they are about to do a hostile takeover of the subreddit and quarantine us from the rest of reddit. Wouldn't surprise me if after a few days of quarantine with "zero tolerance" rules they'll just find a way to ban the subreddit like they did recently with r/pizzagate.

This probably doesn't sound like a big deal to many people, but this was the most active and popular site in the internet that was pro-Trump, and it's on the 7th most popular website in the USA. PEOTUS Trump himself did an AMA there.
I'm pretty sure this is not great news, but I have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.
Broken Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Broken Wind For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2016, 3:59pm   #7
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
I'm pretty sure this is not great news, but I have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.
Well, they just put us in what I'd term a "soft quarantine". The rest of reddit is now a safe space for neckbeards, SJW's, white knights, trans-folk, LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ, and furies. Hope this helps.

The bottom line is the most visible online pro-Trump "forum" if you want to call it that, on the 7th most popular website in the USA, is being put through a 1984-esque double-plus-ungood thoughtcrime quarantine. We were too popular, too many super liberal reddit users complained that we existed, they made up all sorts of shit about how we were Literally Hitler, and so of all the subreddits on reddit, only ours have special rules imposed on them, made to ensure we're not visible to people that don't know we exist. Even though The_Donald is more active than any other non-default reddit ever to exist.

Quite simply, the left is having a tantrum and lashing out at free speech.

Keep in mind, reddit literally has pedophile subreddits that are not being affected, just us. Just us. That link is safe BTW.
Old 12-02-2016, 4:11pm   #8
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner

yeah I'm pretty sure we're getting purged.
Old 12-02-2016, 4:50pm   #9
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 2.2%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,118 Times in 5,353 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

EXCLUSIVE: Chat Logs Show Reddit Admins Threatening Pro-Trump Community - Breitbart
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 9:08am   #10
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
As has been stated about CF, VB, Facebook, YouTube, etc... it's their site and they can run it how they want.

Nothing legally has been done to stop anyone from freely speaking.

Until that happens, IMHO, there is no violation of someone's freedom of speech.

YMMV.
They've made it an edict that we can no longer criticize Steve Huffman, their CEO who nefariously edited comments on T_D. If that's not stopping free speech, what is? Essentially they did something really wrong, and punished us for it. But sure, it's their websites. They are just banning Trump supporters left and right. But that's OK, because it hasn't affected you yet. Insert something about first they came for the Jews, but...

You may not realize but if you go on reddit, and subscribe to T_D, and post a single comment in there, like you say "Hi, I'm new here!" that you will be auto-banned in around 20-40 other subreddits? Like r/politics and r/news and r/offmychest? That's the shit they are doing. It's really screwed up.
Old 12-03-2016, 9:37am   #11
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Activity: 47.5%

Thanked 10,981 Times in 5,123 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1007997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Wind View Post
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:15am   #12
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 2,676 Times in 1,540 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
They've made it an edict that we can no longer criticize Steve Huffman, their CEO who nefariously edited comments on T_D. If that's not stopping free speech, what is? Essentially they did something really wrong, and punished us for it. But sure, it's their websites. They are just banning Trump supporters left and right. But that's OK, because it hasn't affected you yet. Insert something about first they came for the Jews, but...

You may not realize but if you go on reddit, and subscribe to T_D, and post a single comment in there, like you say "Hi, I'm new here!" that you will be auto-banned in around 20-40 other subreddits? Like r/politics and r/news and r/offmychest? That's the shit they are doing. It's really screwed up.
Cyber, you expect too much from a shitty organization. Unless it's government stifling free speech, the first amendment isn't relevant.

Yes, it sucks and reddit sucks, but if they want to lose credibility and members, it's their right to be assholes.

At least today we can easily identify this sort of thing. Back in the day things like The New York Times and Walter Cronkite's CBS news were accepted as gospel. Most trusted man in America, my ass.

Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Millenium Vette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2016, 12:10pm   #13
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Fantasy Football Champ '14,'16,'20
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 0%

Thanked 10,607 Times in 6,383 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3043611

Maybe they are trying to limit the massive amount of mis-information and flat out BS that is being posted in that thread.
If Reddit wants to be perceived as a credible source for information, It's probably for the best.
You have to admit... Most of the postings in that thread were outright lies and BS, posted there to sway public opinion.
Jeff '79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:35pm   #14
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
Maybe they are trying to limit the massive amount of mis-information and flat out BS that is being posted in that thread.
If Reddit wants to be perceived as a credible source for information, It's probably for the best.
You have to admit... Most of the postings in that thread were outright lies and BS, posted there to sway public opinion.
What?

It's literally the only place for Trump supporters to post anything positive about Trump. Lots of meme magic, lots of actual real news. During the aftermath of the Orlando mass shooting, it was the only place you could actually mention that the shooter was Muslim. Literally. Reddit isn't a "credible source of information", certainly not r/news or r/politics. Go look at r/politics. It's garbage and 100% one sided. Pizzagate is a real thing, but they banned that entire subreddit (they are over at voat/v/pizzagate now FYI)

Is everything at T_D accurate? I'd put them a mile ahead of CNN actually.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:38pm   #15
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
What?

It's literally the only place for Trump supporters to post anything positive about Trump. Lots of meme magic, lots of actual real news. During the aftermath of the Orlando mass shooting, it was the only place you could actually mention that the shooter was Muslim. Literally. Reddit isn't a "credible source of information", certainly not r/news or r/politics. Go look at r/politics. It's garbage and 100% one sided. Pizzagate is a real thing, but they banned that entire subreddit (they are over at voat/v/pizzagate now FYI)

Is everything at T_D accurate? I'd put them a mile ahead of CNN actually.
What's your take on why they are censoring then ?
My take was just a guess. I really have not a clue as to why they would even care to censor.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:56pm   #16
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff '79 View Post
What's your take on why they are censoring then ?
My take was just a guess. I really have not a clue as to why they would even care to censor.
It's simple. It's too popular and was leaking to r/all way too often. You see, they essentially made it impossible for pro-Trump people to post anywhere else. I'm banned for roughly 40 subreddits that I NEVER EVEN POSTED IN! Banned in r/news, r/worldnews, r/politics, r/offmychest, on and on. Actually I'm likely banned in dozens more, we are finding more of them on a near daily basis. It's against reddit's proclaimed rules, but they don't care because it's us.

They were planning on a great post-election murdering and mass banning of the subreddit and its most active users. We could tell because a few months before the election, suddenly every single post on r/all was from The_Donald, for a couple of hours. They were literally adding code to their website that specifically singled us out, and they screwed something up. That's never happened before with any other subreddit. We knew this was not a sign they were going to let the sub stay after the election. It was an inside joke among various moderators (we got occasional leaks of their Slack conversations, done by disgusted moderators who were sickened by their attitude.)

So when Trump won, they lost their collective shit. Now they couldn't just outright ban T_D, and we noticed all sorts of screwy things were happening to our popular posts. Some days a post with 7000+ votes would not show up on the front page at all, not even in the top 200. Meanwhile the "hottest" post would be at around 5000 or so. They had weighted our votes to make us less popular.

Then the CEO of reddit edited the posts of a large number of T_D members in a thread that was featured in a story by the Washington Post, after the WaPo featured it. Specifically he changed any mention of his username to various moderators on T_D, because in the article the WaPo made, Huffman said that we were toxic and racist and other bullpucky, and posts that called him out by his username u/spez were nefariously changed to our moderators. It caused a big shitstorm on reddit, across the entire site, because people have gone to jail from their posts on reddit in the past, and that they can just be changed by the CEO of reddit, hell, that's some scary stuff right there.

So he caught a bunch of flack, promised a response, and a week later came back with the solution - punish T_D. This action gained us another 10,000 users in a few days. We are now the only subreddit in reddit history to have the following limitations placed on us.

1. We are not allowed to mention him or criticize him or face banning from T_D and likely total site-wide ban based on IP address.

2. T_D has special algorithms that apply only to us, to artificially limit our exposure to r/all, typically the only way new users to reddit will ever find out about a popular non-default subreddit.

3. Sticky posts on T_D have been determined to be "upvote bait" and therefore any sticky we have will never be on r/all, and any that we do have takes away a slot from one of our high-voted non-sticky posts on r/all. No other subreddits have this limitation.

4. They refuse to tell our moderators what exact rules we are under, but reserve the right to remove them as moderators if these secret rules are violated.

5. They openly allow bots to target our subreddit, automatically downvoting stuff that comes in T_D/new. This is totally against the rules of reddit, but they don't give a shit when it comes to us.

Some other things I am probably forgetting.
Old 12-03-2016, 1:04pm   #17
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

That's some scary shit right there...
Just wow
Old 12-03-2016, 1:12pm   #18
SteelCityBlue
A Real Barner

This is happening in TRP as well I think
Old 12-03-2016, 1:13pm   #19
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner

Hey Cowboy, here's a thought, why doesn't T_D folks just move to Voat or another website that does have free speech?
Old 12-03-2016, 1:42pm   #20
Jeff '79
Barn Stall Owner #2112
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boracayjohnny View Post
Hey Cowboy, here's a thought, why doesn't T_D folks just move to Voat or another website that does have free speech?
or start a Trump forum ?...

Why, because only the Trump fanboys would see it.
Everyone else would ignore it.
Reddit is world wide.

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Politics & Religion