Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2021, 8:56am   #61
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Points: 33,837, Level: 100
Activity: 50.0%
 
dwjz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shitty Azz Blue State (MD)
Posts: 28,442
Thanks: 15,705
Thanked 8,939 Times in 4,506 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I assume everyone sucks and all are assholes until they indicate otherwise. It sounds like a bad way to live, but once people get through that filter, they're as good as family and we have a lot of fun.
Damn wondering what camp I am in now????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJohn View Post
Apparently you don’t know the correct women.
Me neither. Know any???
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 10:55am   #62
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 58,879, Level: 100
Activity: 59.7%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Socialist States of America
Posts: 26,024
Thanks: 9,716
Thanked 18,236 Times in 7,327 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjz06 View Post
Damn wondering what camp I am in now????

Me neither. Know any???
You made the cut. A few here have not. Especially that one guy.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 11:27am   #63
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Points: 27,062, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Hardluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Al
Posts: 6,773
Thanks: 1,672
Thanked 9,425 Times in 3,455 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $22573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post


You sick Waddle Cock!

You right ,he's one sick mofo!
Click image for larger version

Name:	gaazor_42e0ae5154a364502c8b8695ca2988662c737532.png
Views:	2
Size:	489.4 KB
ID:	53896



Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
.
Remings me of you after a round of golf with P99!
Hardluck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hardluck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 12:24pm   #64
dwjz06
Dogface
Barn Stall Owner #409
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Points: 33,837, Level: 100
Activity: 50.0%
 
dwjz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shitty Azz Blue State (MD)
Posts: 28,442
Thanks: 15,705
Thanked 8,939 Times in 4,506 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2450928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
You made the cut. A few here have not. Especially that one guy.
Whew safe
dwjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwjz06 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 7:07pm   #65
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 114,907, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 137,947
Thanks: 104,777
Thanked 21,622 Times in 10,312 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjz06 View Post
Me neither. Know any???
Nope.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2021, 8:04pm   #66
bigblock427
A Real Barner
Points: 6,034, Level: 53
Activity: 62.8%
 
bigblock427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,726
Thanks: 1,980
Thanked 4,502 Times in 1,503 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7484
Default

Candie, I am truly sorry to hear this. Both situations would absolutely piss me off. I cannot stand dishonest and unethical people! You, and anyone like you, deserves to be treated with fairness and honesty. Unfortunately, there are many people in the world that are not.

Hopefully you believe our transaction was fair and honest. I certainly hope so. My word and reputation mean more to many than any amount of money.

I don't know much about British cars, but I would suggest you Heartland Customs in Purcell.https://www.heartlandcustoms.us/ That is less than an hour from where we live. I have seen their work and don't believe anybody does it better than they do. I have spoken with the Pages a few times through the years at Vette shows and the appear to be honest and hard working people. You might contact them and see if they can help you either finish your Vette or provide you with recommendations on what to do in your situation.

I wish I could help you in some way. And if I can, please let me know.

I hope you get these projects completed to your satisfaction in the best way possible.
bigblock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigblock427 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 9:28am   #67
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 18,660, Level: 94
Activity: 32.6%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 10,443
Thanks: 5,738
Thanked 9,277 Times in 2,874 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock427 View Post
Candie, I am truly sorry to hear this. Both situations would absolutely piss me off. I cannot stand dishonest and unethical people! You, and anyone like you, deserves to be treated with fairness and honesty. Unfortunately, there are many people in the world that are not.

Hopefully you believe our transaction was fair and honest. I certainly hope so. My word and reputation mean more to many than any amount of money.

I don't know much about British cars, but I would suggest you Heartland Customs in Purcell.https://www.heartlandcustoms.us/ That is less than an hour from where we live. I have seen their work and don't believe anybody does it better than they do. I have spoken with the Pages a few times through the years at Vette shows and the appear to be honest and hard working people. You might contact them and see if they can help you either finish your Vette or provide you with recommendations on what to do in your situation.

I wish I could help you in some way. And if I can, please let me know.

I hope you get these projects completed to your satisfaction in the best way possible.
You and the Mrs. are GOOD peeps and have always done right by me. Wish more people fell into the honorable folks category, but like Aero said, I am setting myself up for disappointment "assuming" people are good eggs.

Going to start inventorying and taking pictures tomorrow. Will likely start a thread to log everything.

Several here have given me some good places to at least start getting a game plan. Big thanks to Mik~E
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 10:20am   #68
LisaJohn
Barn Stall Owner #1000
1000th member
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '13
Points: 23,729, Level: 100
Activity: 19.5%
 
LisaJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bama
Posts: 7,774
Thanks: 2,716
Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,317 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2425793
Default

Best wishes for a good outcome with the cars.
LisaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LisaJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2021, 1:06pm   #69
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Points: 27,062, Level: 100
Activity: 99.1%
 
Hardluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Al
Posts: 6,773
Thanks: 1,672
Thanked 9,425 Times in 3,455 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $22573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
You and the Mrs. are GOOD peeps and have always done right by me. Wish more people fell into the honorable folks category, but like Aero said, I am setting myself up for disappointment "assuming" people are good eggs.

Going to start inventorying and taking pictures tomorrow. Will likely start a thread to log everything.

Several here have given me some good places to at least start getting a game plan. Big thanks to Mik~E
Go get em Kid!
Mike's usually FOS but he prolly knows his chit on this! Just send him a coupon for a case of Papst Blue Ribbon!
Hardluck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardluck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:19am   #70
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 18,660, Level: 94
Activity: 32.6%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 10,443
Thanks: 5,738
Thanked 9,277 Times in 2,874 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243
Default

Have not been to the shop that has my Dad’s jag in too long. Dad always kept the jag covered and all the parts boxed and organized. What a damn mess awaited me!

Scratches all over the car, new and used parts thrown everywhere.

Going to start consulting with a few people and see what we can get done. Dad said he had purchased all needed parts for the competition of the restoration, now to FIND them and see what condition they are in.


Click image for larger version

Name:	F12040D3-6AAE-4789-8205-2F8C6202FA74.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	54033

Click image for larger version

Name:	01E01098-3867-4104-9461-54947CAF3C36.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	54034

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3069C2B-6292-48FB-881D-21B1A6433A6C.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	903.8 KB
ID:	54035

Click image for larger version

Name:	D1D4111E-6599-4F66-9D5F-20EB158C8B5F.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	975.5 KB
ID:	54036

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B38C059-8775-48DC-AFC1-8F4C55C31E80.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	958.8 KB
ID:	54037

Click image for larger version

Name:	65A80D2B-1334-47AD-9BAC-A8987A1347C8.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	54038

Click image for larger version

Name:	AA041A5A-D043-436F-9F96-3E09FF5A1EA1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1,016.9 KB
ID:	54039

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FBBD33F-8720-49FA-BD6A-2FB735556F3F.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	54040

Click image for larger version

Name:	C62EEF1F-1DF9-4FC8-8527-CCFE76EF063A.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	54041

Click image for larger version

Name:	D5EC18EB-AF5D-4B20-AB8F-42A88D319F7A.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	54042
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 12:23am   #71
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Points: 23,978, Level: 100
Activity: 94.7%
 
ZipZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,232
Thanks: 1,215
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,209 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236
Default

Lemme guess...

They were "surprised" to see you...
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:25am   #72
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 18,660, Level: 94
Activity: 32.6%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 10,443
Thanks: 5,738
Thanked 9,277 Times in 2,874 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Lemme guess...

They were "surprised" to see you...
Guy was stuttering and nervous. I only cursed a “little”.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 1:55am   #73
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Points: 23,978, Level: 100
Activity: 94.7%
 
ZipZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,232
Thanks: 1,215
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,209 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Guy was stuttering and nervous. I only cursed a “little”.
Does that mean nothing more than 4 letters?

I've actually gotten less tolerant of BS as I've become older. Chalk it up to angry old man syndrome, I guess. But I expect at least reasonable service independent of whether it's a restaurant, or in this case, the restoration of a classic car.

You're well within your rights to get all up in this business' face for this treatment. While the auto repair business is full of absolute jackasses, I wish you the best
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 7:13am   #74
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Points: 11,636, Level: 74
Activity: 93.9%
 
Rodnok1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,617
Thanks: 1,124
Thanked 7,397 Times in 2,578 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482
Default

Praying you get everything for the car back Nicole, best of luck and remember it gets easier and less stressful from here.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 7:28am   #75
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Points: 114,907, Level: 100
Activity: 99.6%
 
snide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: I could never live there.
Posts: 137,947
Thanks: 104,777
Thanked 21,622 Times in 10,312 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784
Default

What I'm not understanding is why a garage queen with 6000 miles on the clock needs a full restoration.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 7:57am   #76
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Points: 11,636, Level: 74
Activity: 93.9%
 
Rodnok1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,617
Thanks: 1,124
Thanked 7,397 Times in 2,578 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482
Default

Perhaps if you can find one on the quick get an expert to see what's missing? Might save some time and hassle.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 8:00am   #77
RMVette
A Real Barner
Points: 28,560, Level: 100
Activity: 99.5%
 
RMVette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 6,143
Thanks: 2,821
Thanked 7,650 Times in 2,608 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $311064
Default

If there's anything you need for me to help you with here in Charlotte on the Corvette, let me know. But I doubt he'll let me in to see it, he didn't last time...
RMVette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 8:50am   #78
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 28,427, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 10,102
Thanks: 4,465
Thanked 13,299 Times in 4,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Have not been to the shop that has my Dad’s jag in too long. Dad always kept the jag covered and all the parts boxed and organized. What a damn mess awaited me!

Scratches all over the car, new and used parts thrown everywhere.

Going to start consulting with a few people and see what we can get done. Dad said he had purchased all needed parts for the competition of the restoration, now to FIND them and see what condition they are in.

Sorry to hear that. This pic tells me everything and more I need to know about that shop. It's an absolute unorganized shithole. NFW I'd leave a car there after seeing that mess. Whoever owns and runs that is a hoarder, not a restorer. He/they need serious mental help.
Attached Images
 
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 9:01am   #79
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #104
Points: 18,660, Level: 94
Activity: 32.6%
 
C3C7NIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 10,443
Thanks: 5,738
Thanked 9,277 Times in 2,874 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
What I'm not understanding is why a garage queen with 6000 miles on the clock needs a full restoration.
My error, it has 36K original miles. Again, I had minimal involvement with the car, the vette was my "project car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
Does that mean nothing more than 4 letters?

I've actually gotten less tolerant of BS as I've become older. Chalk it up to angry old man syndrome, I guess. But I expect at least reasonable service independent of whether it's a restaurant, or in this case, the restoration of a classic car.

You're well within your rights to get all up in this business' face for this treatment. While the auto repair business is full of absolute jackasses, I wish you the best
Funny, but since you pointed it out, I think ALL the words I used were 4 letter words, except "cocksucker".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
Praying you get everything for the car back Nicole, best of luck and remember it gets easier and less stressful from here.
Thanks I could not even sleep last night, I was so pissed off when I got home, I just laid in bed steaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
Perhaps if you can find one on the quick get an expert to see what's missing? Might save some time and hassle.
Great advice. Working on doing just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMVette View Post
If there's anything you need for me to help you with here in Charlotte on the Corvette, let me know. But I doubt he'll let me in to see it, he didn't last time...
Thank you! Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Sorry to hear that. This pic tells me everything and more I need to know about that shop. It's an absolute unorganized shithole. NFW I'd leave a car there after seeing that mess. Whoever owns and runs that is a hoarder, not a restorer. He/they need serious mental help.
Yea, they guys has OEM parts for Shelby's and Cobras lining all the walls and hanging from the ceiling. He has a whole separate building full of original user manuals etc. He is sitting on a gold mine of parts and cars. I should have taken pics of the cars he currently has in the shop. He gets them from all over the US and is well known and gets paid big $$$$ for the work he does. I have no idea how anyone functions at that level of disorganization. My OCD would never allow that.

Getting the car out of there is not going to happen. We have no where to take it right now and its already been there for so many years, what difference does it make now???

Tim and I plan to commit one evening a week to start doing what we can to search for parts, organize and see what we are capable of tackling.
C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 9:11am   #80
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Points: 28,427, Level: 100
Activity: 99.2%
 
Steve_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: On the beach
Posts: 10,102
Thanks: 4,465
Thanked 13,299 Times in 4,529 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333
Default

So, what lame excuses did he give you for not taking care of it and not working on it? There are no reasons, just excuses, at this point.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:26am.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page