Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2023, 8:04am   #241
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner
Activity: 46.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Your numbers are wrong. With all the people on this board who did not get jabbed, do you actually think we are an anomaly? We aren't. At my golf course, the vaxxed make up perhaps 20% of the members. Some of them are very angry, the rest are in denial and don't want to talk about it. I am a member on a precious metals forum. Roughly 10% of them got the "vax". The rest of us are laughing at them.

Now, I would be willing to concede that those numbers would be vastly different on a site such as the Democrat Underground. But those people are retarded, so I would expect them to have jumped at the chance to virtue signal. But sites with intelligent successful people appear to refute the story the CDC and the corrupt media are trying to spin.
I understand you believe all that.

“All the people on this site” is quite funny. Your statistical capabilities are quite limited. There are what, a total of about 50 active member here? Half of which claim not to be vaccinated but some probably are. So you have the whole analysis based on 20 something people who are screaming into an echo chamber? And you can’t possibly know those other stats that you just made up about your golf club.

More hysteria and conspiracy theories by the feeble-minded old people. Too funny.
TheRealBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 8:54am   #242
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 84.2%

Thanked 10,717 Times in 3,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealBadger View Post
I understand you believe all that.

“All the people on this site” is quite funny. Your statistical capabilities are quite limited. There are what, a total of about 50 active member here? Half of which claim not to be vaccinated but some probably are. So you have the whole analysis based on 20 something people who are screaming into an echo chamber? And you can’t possibly know those other stats that you just made up about your golf club.

More hysteria and conspiracy theories by the feeble-minded old people. Too funny.
Of course I can. I've been playing with this crowd for nearly ten years now. We meet every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at a set time. Whoever shows up is what we have and we pick captains and then teams. In this group, there are approximately 15 hard core players who are nearly always there and roughly 5 "satellite" players who show up every couple of weeks or so. I know every one of them, having played with each often. Some I know very well and they and their wives have been to my place. We talk during the entire round. Sometimes it's with whoever is sharing the cart with you and sometimes we all talk on the tee boxes waiting for the group in front of us to move on. Out of these 20 random individuals, three have gotten the vaxxes (at least two doses). One is a very good friend of mine who was blackmailed into it by his daughter. She told him no seeing the grandchildren unless he got them. He is extremely angry about it now and he and his wife are researching for way to rid themselves of the spike proteins. He hasn't had any ill effects yet, but his wife sure has. The other two are liberals and they simply don't want to discuss it and get angry when the rest of are laughing about it.

So that is a random sampling of 20 members and that is usually how polling works. Random sampling. What are the odds that all the other members of the club are retarded? Not so great.
Tikiman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 10:21am   #243
donuts
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 17.6%

I’m shocked there’s anyone still breathing that believes the clot shot was a good thing. Hell even my liberal siblings admit they made a mistake by getting it, my brother about died last year after a 5 month hospital stay..
donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:02am   #244
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner

Quote:
Of course I can. I've been playing with this crowd for nearly ten years now. We meet every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at a set time. Whoever shows up is what we have and we pick captains and then teams. In this group, there are approximately 15 hard core players who are nearly always there and roughly 5 "satellite" players who show up every couple of weeks or so. I know every one of them, having played with each often. Some I know very well and they and their wives have been to my place. We talk during the entire round. Sometimes it's with whoever is sharing the cart with you and sometimes we all talk on the tee boxes waiting for the group in front of us to move on. Out of these 20 random individuals, three have gotten the vaxxes (at least two doses). One is a very good friend of mine who was blackmailed into it by his daughter. She told him no seeing the grandchildren unless he got them. He is extremely angry about it now and he and his wife are researching for way to rid themselves of the spike proteins. He hasn't had any ill effects yet, but his wife sure has. The other two are liberals and they simply don't want to discuss it and get angry when the rest of are laughing about it.

So that is a random sampling of 20 members and that is usually how polling works. Random sampling. What are the odds that all the other members of the club are retarded? Not so great.

Extrapolating your 20 people there and 20 people on here is now representative of the 300M people in the US

Old 06-03-2023, 11:03am   #245
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuts View Post
I’m shocked there’s anyone still breathing that believes the clot shot was a good thing. Hell even my liberal siblings admit they made a mistake by getting it, my brother about died last year after a 5 month hospital stay..
You think that was Trumps plan all along?
Old 06-03-2023, 11:07am   #246
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,656 Times in 13,628 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Do you think that was Trumps plan all along?
Do you think Trump is a medical expert, a Virologist, an infectious disease expert? What field of expertise do you suppose Trump drew from in his education, to be diabolical enough to plot the death of Americans?
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 11:31am   #247
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32
Activity: 51.4%

Thanked 13,004 Times in 4,934 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

Quote:
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vandelay Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 11:39am   #248
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 71.9%

Thanked 33,395 Times in 11,722 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
BaghdadBadger doesn’t really believe it either, he just loves to argue. With everyone. About everything.
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 11:40am   #249
donuts
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:

as usual you've got nothin'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donuts For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 12:15pm   #250
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
BaghdadBadger doesn’t really believe it either, he just loves to argue. With everyone. About everything.

I've noticed this behavior among some of the vaxxed. While some admit they made a mistake and regret that decision horribly, others refuse to admit that they were gulled and think they will be fine by sticking their heads in the sand. Proving once again that it is far easier to trick someone than to convince them that they have been tricked.

Regardless, I have yet to wake up one morning and think to myself, "Gee, I wish I had gotten the clot shots".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 12:19pm   #251
donuts
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
I've noticed this behavior among some of the vaxxed. While some admit they made a mistake and regret that decision horribly, others refuse to admit that they were gulled and think they will be fine by sticking their heads in the sand. Proving once again that it is far easier to trick someone than to convince them that they have been tricked.

Regardless, I have yet to wake up one morning and think to myself, "Gee, I wish I had gotten the clot shots".

Yes and this illness is what holds our country back .. they’re incapable of being honest with anyone including themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to donuts For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 3:51pm   #252
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117

Quote:
Yes and this illness is what holds our country back .. they’re incapable of being honest with anyone including themselves.

True, but let's be fair. That is one bitter pill to swallow. Whether you did it to virtue signal or you were frightened by the incessant fear campaign the corrupt media put on, you had poison injected into your body that isn't going to go away. This isn't something easily correctable. It probably isn't correctable at all. And you see the news stories about young, healthy people "dying suddenly" and you would have to start to worry. A good golfing buddy of mine got two of them and he bitterly regrets it and he is very fearful about what is going to happen to he and his wife now. But at least he is strong enough to see what a stupid thing he did and admit it. He allowed his retarded liberal daughter to use the grandkids to blackmail him into it. I asked him why he didn't just ask me for a couple of vax cards and he just hung his head and shrugged. The ones still in denial, however, are just too weak to come to terms with it. Easier to whistle past the graveyard and deny that there was ever anything wrong with them, I guess.

All I know is that I have never woken up in the morning regretting not getting the clot shots. Not once.
Old 06-03-2023, 3:56pm   #253
Bill
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.3%

Thanked 41,398 Times in 17,219 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2023, 5:47pm   #254
donuts
Vette Barn Crew

Quote:
True, but let's be fair. That is one bitter pill to swallow. Whether you did it to virtue signal or you were frightened by the incessant fear campaign the corrupt media put on, you had poison injected into your body that isn't going to go away. This isn't something easily correctable. It probably isn't correctable at all. And you see the news stories about young, healthy people "dying suddenly" and you would have to start to worry. A good golfing buddy of mine got two of them and he bitterly regrets it and he is very fearful about what is going to happen to he and his wife now. But at least he is strong enough to see what a stupid thing he did and admit it. He allowed his retarded liberal daughter to use the grandkids to blackmail him into it. I asked him why he didn't just ask me for a couple of vax cards and he just hung his head and shrugged. The ones still in denial, however, are just too weak to come to terms with it. Easier to whistle past the graveyard and deny that there was ever anything wrong with them, I guess.

All I know is that I have never woken up in the morning regretting not getting the clot shots. Not once.
For context, I wasn’t vaxxed as a kid, born in ‘69 .. my dad after having gall bladder removed thought it was appropriate to have me vaxxed when I was 14 (1983). The next 12 months I was riddled with health issues, chicken pox , mono and a couple others. I hadn’t been sick prior to that. Fast forward to 2016, my firstborn is up for his first round of shots and my wife is all excited (and WAS a vax and medicine humper hyperchondriac) , they pumped all that fluid into this tiny infant and I about blew up inside.. “what the **** have we done”. So I started doing some research and talked to a bunch of medical folk and then looked at my own upbringing. We agreed that we wouldn’t jab another child until we had done our due diligence, second child born in 2018 and we agreed to not have her jabbed. Our pediatrician didn’t like our choice but respected it but hounded us at every checkup . So by the time Covid gets here we were already apprehensive of the Vax machine and once I recovered from Covid early in 2020 I knew that I wouldn’t consider the shot and my wife the same. We even denied testing , just didn’t want to participate in what we felt like was real madness in the summer of 2020. My older brother jumped on the first vax rollout and had some heart issues but then jumped too fast on boosters because he felt he was compromised because of RA (which he wasn’t because he was already on hydroxychloroquine) anyway , we saw the writing on the wall with all the fear mongering and luckily we are self employed and didn’t have a mandate shoved down our throats . People, including close family members, blindly lined up for that shot that they didn’t take a moment to research nor did they consider what it may or may not protect them from…. A long bad ****ing cold .. many of those same people are having regrets now, my brother for one wishes he hadn’t after nearly dying last year.

We have zero trust in the medical community and our gov .. our youngest is the healthiest child of the 4 and she’s unjabbed and no meds but occasional gas x or something , she’s simply healthy., the boy who had one round of MMR has had a couple strange things but otherwise fine and my wife’s first two girls from previous marriage are doing good now that we’ve got them off of what was obvious unnecessary meds. They were fully jabbed as children.

The herd is ****ed and it’s obvious to most, I’m happy to be a stray
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donuts For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 5:24am   #255
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117

I think that this cartoon sums up the whole virtue signaling insanity rather succinctly.

Simply amazes me that the leftist media convinced half of America that fear was a virtue and that the more poison they injected themselves with, the more "virtuous" they would become. Straight out of Jim Jones' playbook type of stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
vax89.jpg  

Old 06-04-2023, 10:15am   #256
Ronins2ndCuzzin
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.6%

Thanked 1,009 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:

I'll quote you because the other guy is just not worth engaging. It's funny to me that he's quick to call out how you reference the known people in your sphere as true "street level" data, yet he infers that your sphere can in no way represent the true numbers in America. Right, because his "sphere" is so much bigger than anyone else's, so his must be "more righter than yours."

Badger is a living, breathing, walking fallacy. Nearly EVERY reply he's made has been riddled with "Burden of Proof," "ad populum," "Kettle logic," etc. fallacies. When I point that out, he changes the subject or doesn't reply. I'd by no means tell anyone how to live their lives, but I find it less time consuming (and far more rewarding) to focus my time on the people who are capable of critical thinking. A couple people here are clearly not. Our voices aren't the MSM or their chosen sources of information, nor will they ever be. So, I'll let them follow the herd off the cliff to their fates. The more vocal their support for the other side, the happier it makes me to ignore them. YMMV. (And thanks for the cards BTW, thankfully I never had to use them.)
Ronins2ndCuzzin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ronins2ndCuzzin For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2023, 12:57pm   #257
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
Do you think Trump is a medical expert, a Virologist, an infectious disease expert? What field of expertise do you suppose Trump drew from in his education, to be diabolical enough to plot the death of Americans?
I’m not sure. He seems to be quite proud of the fact that HE got it done.

Do you think he’s a liar?

Or wait, did he get duped AGAIN?
Old 06-04-2023, 12:58pm   #258
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronins2ndCuzzin View Post
I'll quote you because the other guy is just not worth engaging. It's funny to me that he's quick to call out how you reference the known people in your sphere as true "street level" data, yet he infers that your sphere can in no way represent the true numbers in America. Right, because his "sphere" is so much bigger than anyone else's, so his must be "more righter than yours."

Badger is a living, breathing, walking fallacy. Nearly EVERY reply he's made has been riddled with "Burden of Proof," "ad populum," "Kettle logic," etc. fallacies. When I point that out, he changes the subject or doesn't reply. I'd by no means tell anyone how to live their lives, but I find it less time consuming (and far more rewarding) to focus my time on the people who are capable of critical thinking. A couple people here are clearly not. Our voices aren't the MSM or their chosen sources of information, nor will they ever be. So, I'll let them follow the herd off the cliff to their fates. The more vocal their support for the other side, the happier it makes me to ignore them. YMMV. (And thanks for the cards BTW, thankfully I never had to use them.)
Cry. It. Out.
Old 06-04-2023, 1:01pm   #259
TheRealBadger
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
No I don’t.
Old 06-04-2023, 1:47pm   #260
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,656 Times in 13,628 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
I’m not sure. He seems to be quite proud of the fact that HE got it done.

Do you think he’s a liar?

Or wait, did he get duped AGAIN?
He was able to make a massive amount of vaccines available for people. He had NOTHING to do with their safety or effectiveness.
Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic