Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2024, 7:24am   #66021
LisaJohn
Barn Stall Owner #1000
1000th member
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2425793

Good morning guys. 29* here. Brrrrrrrrr
LisaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 7:32am   #66022
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 51.4%

Thanked 23,951 Times in 9,945 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Morning Ben, Robert, Tiki, Mike, Alan, Lisa and the rest of youins

Is it Spring yet?

Have a good day everyone
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 7:40am   #66023
Old Ben
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 14,810 Times in 5,878 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1014987

Morning Tiki, Mike, Alan, Lisa, Jim
Old Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Ben For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 7:45am   #66024
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 28,812 Times in 12,773 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

Uncle Ben

Robert

Tiki

Mike

Alan

Lisa

Rod

Y'all
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 7:46am   #66025
Old Ben
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.4%

Thanked 14,810 Times in 5,878 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1014987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Uncle Ben

Robert

Tiki

Mike

Alan

Lisa

Rod

Y'all

Rikki.
Old Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Ben For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 8:33am   #66026
RMVette
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Thanked 21,839 Times in 9,173 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $311064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
Morning Robert. Back at work?
Morning Mike, yes... back at work after two and a half weeks off. Now counting down till retirement which I hope is still May 1st!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Morning Robert.
Morning Tikiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
Robert
Morning Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJohn View Post
Good morning guys. 29* here. Brrrrrrrrr
Morning Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
Morning Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Z-06 View Post
Robert
Morning Rikki
RMVette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RMVette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 9:30am   #66027
MikeB
Barn Stall Owner #115
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 4,975 Times in 2,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $610854

Morning all

Got ~6 hours of sleep last night (drug induced) feel pretty good today.
Flu finally leaving - I hope for Russia or middle East.

Have a good one.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 10:30am   #66028
RMVette
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Thanked 21,839 Times in 9,173 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $311064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Morning all

Got ~6 hours of sleep last night (drug induced) feel pretty good today.
Flu finally leaving - I hope for Russia or middle East.

Have a good one.
Morning MikeB, glad you're on the road to recovery!
RMVette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RMVette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 11:09am   #66029
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 16.5%

Thanked 14,247 Times in 4,360 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Off to start the new gig this week. Loved my old job but its a career not charity work.... so I'll chase the Benjamins.

Hope everyone is getting off to a great 2024.

Everyone and their dog here is sick! We are getting inundated in the UC, normal this time of year but way worse than I have seen in awhile. Influenza, RSV, Adenovirus, Norovirus, COVID, strep etc.

Apparently I have "long COVID". Severe tachycardia if I do much of anything, walk across the room 115, anything mildly strenuous and it spikes to 130+.

Fuq China for manufacturing and sending this shit all over the world.

Quote:

Is it Spring yet?

Have a good day everyone
What you said.

C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 11:18am   #66030
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,580 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
Off to start the new gig this week. Loved my old job but its a career not charity work.... so I'll chase the Benjamins.
I'm surprised you lasted this long - that job sounded grueling.

Congrats!

Quote:
Fuq China for manufacturing and sending this shit all over the world.

And **** Fauci for funding it.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 12:41pm   #66031
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:

Is it Spring yet?

Have a good day everyone
It is nice and sunny here, but only 30 degrees out. **** that shit.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 12:43pm   #66032
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17

Thanked 30,508 Times in 14,293 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
I'm surprised you lasted this long - that job sounded grueling.

Congrats!

And **** Fauci for funding it.
*American taxpayers
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 7:33pm   #66033
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 51.4%

Thanked 23,951 Times in 9,945 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

I will apologize up front to Lisa for swear words.
Long read sorry folks. Depressing also.

Suck level 10 today and more confused than ever and mad.
Dr bitched about not getting Pet scan approved then says there's a peer review to get approved. Well asshole I can't do it.
Mri doesn't show if lymph nodes have cancer just if they're bigger than normal. Said they don't needle biopsy them either as costly and difficulty.
Lymph nodes can be swollen from infection I believe also, that infection I had/have was a real bitch. Things were very bad(I'll leave details out that would make you cringe). When your cancer riddled friend says no thanks he won't trade you may be in hurtville. He wanted to come down and help me out, whoa I didn't think I was that bad off. So I'm not 100% sure that isn't causing them to be larger on scan, thus more reason for pet scan. Am i making sense?

So it's a guess if the cancer is in lymph nodes without a pet scan. Super as it can be a huge deal, aka cured or not. Me I'd rather be cured.

So he referred me to oncologist.

If has spread to lymph nodes it is not curable, they don't do surgery at all either.
Hormone therapy aka chemically castrate you to starve the cancer cells of testosterone. Two years to life for hormone therapy. Guess if psa goes back up or doesn't come down they go longer. Good chance even if it has not spread I'd get the hormone therapy anyway with surgery or radiation (very high probability as medium risk for spread).
No radiation nor chemo either.
I read if they open you up and find lymph node has cancer they just close you back up.
5 year survival rate with spread is close to 90%, 10 year is close to 80.
Wonderful.
KOW survival rate what 43%?

My brain is complete mush at this point. I sense a 3 day migraine rapidly approaching.

I'll be calling insurance in the morning and getting into the Pet scan getting approved.

Did get PSA level and it's high at 30(no shit really already know have it) used as a baseline I reckon. Fyi anything over 3.5 at my age and you probably have cancer so yes it's not good. Could this have been caught earlier and possibly been much less of an issue. More than likely. So I'll be kicking my own ass for that.
No history of this in family either. My son however is screwed as rampant in Wife's family and now me. Super... Makes me sad as he may have to go through this later on and I won't be here.

Other findings... No metal in hip as I asked to see mri and there's nothing. Dr said most likely the guy was a low level tech(he was) and had no idea what he was doing, super I got the B team.
I asked nurse about mri and she told me where to go for better machine, super they sent to to a hell hole. Like I'm supposed to know where to go, shouldn't they guide you? ****ers.

Bone scan did show one little itty bitty something on a rib but no way without pet tell if cancer(doubt it), mostly likely it's a rib Bear tries to crack with his ball ball. He hits me in that spot hard and numerous times, I have bruises to prove it.

A tube has blood in it, he had no idea why and asked if had an injury. No and **** no I've been in bed for months. I've been complaining about pain in that area almost from get go after surgery. No real answer on how long to heal that but "cleaning the pipes" would remove the blood. So... Maybe good news as bet I brow beat wife into a twice a day ritual for a few weeks, yes I'm a perv. I'll PM my address if anyone wants to send me an Asian hooker.

Oncologist office called on way home already, guess they need to make a mortgage payment or something as overly quick referral callback. It's on Monday.

I have to verify my insurance covers Duke cancer center then make an appointment.

I wasn't thrilled when asked Dr off the record who's the best oncologist and he wouldn't answer only to say the dr he's most familiar with is on medical leave.
So oncologist Dr has some name I'll never be able to pronounce. I am less than thrilled to go see as I guarantee he speaks as good of English as "Susie from St Louis" when you call customer service, however an opinion is an opinion and I want 2. Not be a dick but if I can't understand the dude(maybe a dudette i honestly can't tell by name) I won't use that Dr at all and may just walk out(did it before).

My urologist isn't a native of the US(african but not the shit hole area) and on occasion is difficult to understand but I'll give him credit for his attempts as he actually tries to speak as clerly as possible. But I can tell he doesn't always know what to say or how to say it(less than thrilling also). I'm not overly happy with after the surgery issues, he basically said he just works there they handle everything else when I questioned things like how the surgery was put in.
What the **** good is he if can't get shit done. They ****ed the paperwork up, he's responsible for it and to make sure I get care I should so.. **** him.
The more I think about it the more pissed I get. I know doctors who raise hell and make sure shit gets done, seems he ain't one. Another reason to bail on him, is he waiting for me to de**** shit with insurance?

So... I'm still on the fence about going to Dr what the **** ever his name is at all or picking one by the tried and true sticky notes on a wall and dart method.
I need to find somewhere that rates cancer Dr's, the shit is hidden better than the Clinton hit list.

Anywho I'm gonna go smack the wife on the ass and say let's go baby so you may never hear from me again.
If I don't crack jokes about this fellas(and ladies) I'm not sure I could handle it.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 8:29pm   #66034
Rikki Z-06
Barn Stall Owner #747-400
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 28,812 Times in 12,773 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15031693

We're praying that you get the help you need Rod. 🙏
Rikki Z-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rikki Z-06 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 8:37pm   #66035
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 70.1%

Thanked 25,803 Times in 10,048 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Stickiiheim will soar in 2024.
Anjdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 8:47pm   #66036
Hardluck
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.0%

Thanked 15,656 Times in 6,171 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $22573

Quote:

Dr bitched about not getting Pet scan approved then says there's a peer review to get approved. Well asshole I can't do it.
Mri doesn't show if lymph nodes have cancer just if they're bigger than normal. Said they don't needle biopsy them either as costly and difficulty.
Lymph nodes can be swollen from infection I believe also, that infection I had/have was a real bitch. Things were very bad(I'll leave details out that would make you cringe). When your cancer riddled friend says no thanks he won't trade you may be in hurtville. He wanted to come down and help me out, whoa I didn't think I was that bad off. So I'm not 100% sure that isn't causing them to be larger on scan, thus more reason for pet scan. Am i making sense?

So it's a guess if the cancer is in lymph nodes without a pet scan. Super as it can be a huge deal, aka cured or not. Me I'd rather be cured.

If has spread to lymph nodes it is not curable, they don't do surgery at all either.
Hormone therapy aka chemically castrate you to starve the cancer cells of testosterone. Two years to life for hormone therapy. Guess if psa goes back up or doesn't come down they go longer. Good chance even if it has not spread I'd get the hormone therapy anyway with surgery or radiation (very high probability as medium risk for spread).
I read if they open you up and find lymph node has cancer they just close you back up.
Wonderful.

My brain is complete mush at this point. I sense a 3 day migraine rapidly approaching.

I'll be calling insurance in the morning and getting into the Pet scan getting approved.

Did get PSA level and it's high at 30(no shit really already know have it) used as a baseline I reckon. Fyi anything over 3.5 at my age and you probably have cancer so yes it's not good. Could this have been caught earlier and possibly been much less of an issue. More than likely. So I'll be kicking my own ass for that.
No history of this in family either. My son however is screwed as rampant in Wife's family and now me. Super... Makes me sad as he may have to go through this later on and I won't be here.

Other findings... No metal in hip as I asked to see mri and there's nothing. Dr said most likely the guy was a low level tech(he was) and had no idea what he was doing, super I got the B team.
I asked nurse about mri and she told me where to go for better machine, super they sent to to a hell hole. Like I'm supposed to know where to go, shouldn't they guide you? ****ers.

Bone scan did show one little itty bitty something on a rib but no way without pet tell if cancer(doubt it), mostly likely it's a rib Bear tries to crack with his ball ball. He hits me in that spot hard and numerous times, I have bruises to prove it.

A tube has blood in it, he had no idea why and asked if had an injury. No and **** no I've been in bed for months. I've been complaining about pain in that area almost from get go after surgery. No real answer on how long to heal that but "cleaning the pipes" would remove the blood. So... Maybe good news as bet I brow beat wife into a twice a day ritual for a few weeks, yes I'm a perv. I'll PM my address if anyone wants to send me an Asian hooker.

Oncologist office called on way home already, guess they need to make a mortgage payment or something as overly quick referral callback. It's on Monday.

I have to verify my insurance covers Duke cancer center then make an appointment.

I wasn't thrilled when asked Dr off the record who's the best oncologist and he wouldn't answer only to say the dr he's most familiar with is on medical leave.
So oncologist Dr has some name I'll never be able to pronounce. I am less than thrilled to go see as I guarantee he speaks as good of English as "Susie from St Louis" when you call customer service, however an opinion is an opinion and I want 2. Not be a dick but if I can't understand the dude(maybe a dudette i honestly can't tell by name) I won't use that Dr at all and may just walk out(did it before).

My urologist isn't a native of the US(african but not the shit hole area) and on occasion is difficult to understand but I'll give him credit for his attempts as he actually tries to speak as clerly as possible. But I can tell he doesn't always know what to say or how to say it(less than thrilling also). I'm not overly happy with after the surgery issues, he basically said he just works there they handle everything else when I questioned things like how the surgery was put in.
What the **** good is he if can't get shit done. They ****ed the paperwork up, he's responsible for it and to make sure I get care I should so.. **** him.
The more I think about it the more pissed I get. I know doctors who raise hell and make sure shit gets done, seems he ain't one. Another reason to bail on him, is he waiting for me to de**** shit with insurance?

So... I'm still on the fence about going to Dr what the **** ever his name is at all or picking one by the tried and true sticky notes on a wall and dart method.
I need to find somewhere that rates cancer Dr's, the shit is hidden better than the Clinton hit list.

Anywho I'm gonna go smack the wife on the ass and say let's go baby so you may never hear from me again.
If I don't crack jokes about this fellas(and ladies) I'm not sure I could handle it.

Damn Rod that chit suks! I agree with you, you need to find a damn good Dr. and fast! Wish you didn't have to put up with this crap! Keep fighting Buddy, you're your own best advocate! Prayers!!!!
Hardluck is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hardluck For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 8:51pm   #66037
MadInNc
Barn Stall Owner #103
Activity: 25.2%

Thanked 31,451 Times in 10,903 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108939

Quote:

Wonderful.

At least you’re away from the original Doc. The Oncologist's I’ve seen at Duke go right at. Get in there, with anybody as obviously better than the Doc ya had who let it progress to this level
MadInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadInNc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 9:52pm   #66038
LisaJohn
Barn Stall Owner #1000
1000th member
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 4,834 Times in 2,651 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2425793

Mr Jim, no apologies needed. I’ve let a few choice words fly this week too. Continued thoughts and prayers.
LisaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaJohn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 10:17pm   #66039
MikeB
Barn Stall Owner #115
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 4,975 Times in 2,248 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $610854

Damn Jim, not a good way to start the year.

It can be trying, for sure..
I'll say a prayer for you bud.
To a better outcome this year
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2024, 10:18pm   #66040
Anjdog2003
Due to inflation they are no longer free
Activity: 70.1%

Thanked 25,803 Times in 10,048 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $324490

Quote:
Originally Posted by snide View Post
It is nice and sunny here, but only 30 degrees out. **** that shit.

It is nice and sunny here doesn't go with 30 degrees.
Anjdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anjdog2003 For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic