Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2022, 4:52pm   #141
99 pewtercoupe
Barn Stall Owner #74
Barn Raising II

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 14,816 Times in 6,546 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $10393746

My condolences. Good looking kitty We have an old girl (16 years) that I know is on her last legs and just a matter of time
99 pewtercoupe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 99 pewtercoupe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 10:04pm   #142
NotSlo
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 1,061 Times in 351 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1001365

Logan my Husky, 5-8-22 , not quite 5 years old
NotSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotSlo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2022, 10:38pm   #143
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,385 Times in 13,465 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSlo View Post
Beautiful baby. Sorry for your loss. Dogs are so much better friends than people.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2022, 6:05am   #144
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Quote:
Again, so sorry for your loss, Doug.
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2022, 5:52pm   #145
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 62.6%

Thanked 23,727 Times in 9,809 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Lost my bestest fuzzy buddy...
Noki was between 11 and 12 years old.

We've always had Huskies so before Noki when the last old fella went(had a stroke and became partially paralyzed) I wondered if I'd ever get another doggo.
I was checking around and an ad popped up, dog named something stupid like Nissan... I kept seeing it for a few weeks so got a picture and went to see him.
Noki had been kept in 2x3 wire cage 4 ft inside a door for 9 months to a year easily. His sister owned the dog and got too big for her appt. They never let him out except to pee. He came out the door and jumped into my arms licking my face knocking me down. Whelp he liked us... The guy was an ass and I wasn't leaving without doggo at this point or he was taking a beating for treatment of dog. Threw money on ground after he said couldn't have collar, bowl, toys, bed.. Nothing. What an ass.
Noki had never been in car as I had to pick him up and put in back seat floorboards. Wife rode home in back with him, he couldn't figure out how to get on seat even.
He was terrified when got home with us, already decided since he was so friendly Noki was his name(short version buts mean friendly IIRC). Knowing he was a kennel dog I got the metal wire kennel out and setup. He was terrified.. He wouldn't sleep.. I had to lay next to him and pet repeating.. It's ok and he would fall asleep. Took a month I bet before slept on his own.
I weaned him off the kennel sleeping after 4 or 6 months.
One day after had him a while i was rough housing with our son(10 or so) and Noki came up and grabbed my wrist and pulled me away then jumped up next to him... Guarding him.
Over the next few months his guard dog came out and he figured out his love if his life was going to be my wife.
He would herd those 2 in the yard or the house to where he thought they should be. Started gaurding the yard and always put himself between them and danger(not sure but think I was on my own). After 6 months maybe he was and always will be mommas dog, constant shadow and protector.
He was a pack dog, everybody had their place. I was alpha he was beta, cubbie(our son) was lower maybe equal and momma well was always number 1.
He would insist on being dominated regularly or he'd get weird... Just like you see on wolf shows not kidding.
If he thought you required cleaning, you were cleaned like it or not. When the pack was home he was at peace.
Once he nipped the wife taking food (probably something sugary) and she got so mad she shunned him. I honestly thought he was going to die heartbroken right then. I had to get her to take him back into the pack after a couple days for fear he would lie down and die. Making me tear up the loyalty he had towards her....
This was his property and home and he patrolled it until a few days ago twice a day(unless raining as he'd rather take a beating than get wet). Nothing was allowed in yard that didn't submit.
We took alot of trips together him and I up north to friends house where he also ruled the roost.
A few years back he got sick all of a sudden, kidney problems from pesticides in food best vet and I could figure. Took months but he beat it. A kidney was damaged, it was found today and probably took a couple years off his life.
I started making his food then and will never buy commercial food for regular feedings to any dog.
Let me tell you Noki may have been half blind as when he ran around he'd usually run into something and usually that something was people, bad depth perception i guess. I would hide by a pole or something to avoid injuries. He couldn't jump hardly at all.
He would attack snakes and possums and dogs of any size if came around, pretty sure he would have taken a bear on. A box turtle bit his nose once and was afraid of even the itty bity ones after that, the big baby.
He wasn't fixed and playing once I may have slapped the dingle berries and pretty hard. He spun around... Uh oh... He was gonna lay me out.. My what big teeth you have. Good thing I can jump.
That doggo hated to get wet, spray him with a hose and he'd turn into a badger. So baths were very few.
He was a total sugar junky... Ice cream was his number one favorite.
He slowed down as they all do especially when hit 10 years old.. I knew he was not 100% for a while but who is when get old. He never acted in pain except this morning... I knew it was time. Vet confirmed my suspicions of kidney/pancreas problems. Probably been acting up for a while.

Now for sad part... I had to carry into house this morning as wife let him out and being a pack animal... He wondered off to die away from momma...
He peed on me when picked up after throwing up water again and laying in it. I hosed him off and he didn't care. Into the car and away we went. I was pretty sure it was gonna end badly.
We were with him to the end and yes I was saying It's ok.. And petting him. He had approval to go over the bridge and he went peacefully. He will be missed by his pack greatly, if you hear somebody howling later it'll be me... Bye my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
noki1.jpg  

noki2.jpg  

noki4.jpg  

noki3.jpg  

Noki15.jpg  

noki18.jpg  

noki10.jpg  

noki14.jpg  

noki13.jpg  

noki16.jpg  

Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 8:29am   #146
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,385 Times in 13,465 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Great post about your dog and very sorry for your loss.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 10:06am   #147
NotSlo
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 1.8%

Thanked 1,061 Times in 351 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1001365

Sorry for your loss. I am sure Noki and Logan are hanging out doing Husky things and having a great time.
NotSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NotSlo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 11:16am   #148
snide
Barn Raising II,III
NCM Supporter '13
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 30,506 Times in 14,292 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $108033784

Sorry for your loss. Damn allergies...
snide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to snide For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2022, 12:53pm   #149
Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 62.6%

Thanked 23,727 Times in 9,809 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482

Out for a walk like we did several times a day, once in the woods and at least once out to the road. Reminded me of a Noki story I'd like to share...
Well the neighbors never kept their dogs contained and we didn't have a fence then and of course their dogs would poop in Noki's yard., which he responded to in turn. Well they went too close to the house once... He always stayed on his property fence or no fence as he'd get scolded (look at you and say what.. He pooped in my yard) when he'd stray. After that and just about daily and to NOT get scolded he would walk out by there house and drop a present off.
Imagine if you will Noki with tail up using it to judge wind speed and direction, backing up to the property line.. Looking right and left checking alignment and stepping lightly like a golfer lining up a putt... Whoops wait, a little to the left to correct for wind and distance.. Then would drop a load onto their property, preferably by the house. No matter what I said he'd constantly do it and after fence went up.. Yep right thru the fence if he could manage it. Did it right up to the end...
Damn dog smarter than I am... Can't yell at them if they beat you playing by the rules. He held a grudge like nobody's business. I do believe he hated the neighbors.
I'll miss our patrols together.
Rodnok1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 9:49am   #150
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 8,844 Times in 4,401 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Rodnok1,
Thanks for sharing, hold your memories strong, I believe one day we will be united with all things we have loved in our lifetime.

I cry, for months when a family pet is lost, still not over George, he passed almost 2 years ago, that dog should have lived forever, and a day!!

I do not cry as much for humans,,,
Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2022, 3:36pm   #151
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 3,519 Times in 1,377 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post

We've always had Huskies so before Noki when the last old fella went(had a stroke and became partially paralyzed) I wondered if I'd ever get another doggo.
I was checking around and an ad popped up, dog named something stupid like Nissan... I kept seeing it for a few weeks so got a picture and went to see him.
Noki had been kept in 2x3 wire cage 4 ft inside a door for 9 months to a year easily. His sister owned the dog and got too big for her appt. They never let him out except to pee. He came out the door and jumped into my arms licking my face knocking me down. Whelp he liked us... The guy was an ass and I wasn't leaving without doggo at this point or he was taking a beating for treatment of dog. Threw money on ground after he said couldn't have collar, bowl, toys, bed.. Nothing. What an ass.
Noki had never been in car as I had to pick him up and put in back seat floorboards. Wife rode home in back with him, he couldn't figure out how to get on seat even.
He was terrified when got home with us, already decided since he was so friendly Noki was his name(short version buts mean friendly IIRC). Knowing he was a kennel dog I got the metal wire kennel out and setup. He was terrified.. He wouldn't sleep.. I had to lay next to him and pet repeating.. It's ok and he would fall asleep. Took a month I bet before slept on his own.
I weaned him off the kennel sleeping after 4 or 6 months.
One day after had him a while i was rough housing with our son(10 or so) and Noki came up and grabbed my wrist and pulled me away then jumped up next to him... Guarding him.
Over the next few months his guard dog came out and he figured out his love if his life was going to be my wife.
He would herd those 2 in the yard or the house to where he thought they should be. Started gaurding the yard and always put himself between them and danger(not sure but think I was on my own). After 6 months maybe he was and always will be mommas dog, constant shadow and protector.
He was a pack dog, everybody had their place. I was alpha he was beta, cubbie(our son) was lower maybe equal and momma well was always number 1.
He would insist on being dominated regularly or he'd get weird... Just like you see on wolf shows not kidding.
If he thought you required cleaning, you were cleaned like it or not. When the pack was home he was at peace.
Once he nipped the wife taking food (probably something sugary) and she got so mad she shunned him. I honestly thought he was going to die heartbroken right then. I had to get her to take him back into the pack after a couple days for fear he would lie down and die. Making me tear up the loyalty he had towards her....
This was his property and home and he patrolled it until a few days ago twice a day(unless raining as he'd rather take a beating than get wet). Nothing was allowed in yard that didn't submit.
We took alot of trips together him and I up north to friends house where he also ruled the roost.
A few years back he got sick all of a sudden, kidney problems from pesticides in food best vet and I could figure. Took months but he beat it. A kidney was damaged, it was found today and probably took a couple years off his life.
I started making his food then and will never buy commercial food for regular feedings to any dog.
Let me tell you Noki may have been half blind as when he ran around he'd usually run into something and usually that something was people, bad depth perception i guess. I would hide by a pole or something to avoid injuries. He couldn't jump hardly at all.
He would attack snakes and possums and dogs of any size if came around, pretty sure he would have taken a bear on. A box turtle bit his nose once and was afraid of even the itty bity ones after that, the big baby.
He wasn't fixed and playing once I may have slapped the dingle berries and pretty hard. He spun around... Uh oh... He was gonna lay me out.. My what big teeth you have. Good thing I can jump.
That doggo hated to get wet, spray him with a hose and he'd turn into a badger. So baths were very few.
He was a total sugar junky... Ice cream was his number one favorite.
He slowed down as they all do especially when hit 10 years old.. I knew he was not 100% for a while but who is when get old. He never acted in pain except this morning... I knew it was time. Vet confirmed my suspicions of kidney/pancreas problems. Probably been acting up for a while.

Now for sad part... I had to carry into house this morning as wife let him out and being a pack animal... He wondered off to die away from momma...
He peed on me when picked up after throwing up water again and laying in it. I hosed him off and he didn't care. Into the car and away we went. I was pretty sure it was gonna end badly.
We were with him to the end and yes I was saying It's ok.. And petting him. He had approval to go over the bridge and he went peacefully. He will be missed by his pack greatly, if you hear somebody howling later it'll be me... Bye my friend.
So sorry for both your losses, such beautiful dogs
Attached Thumbnails
F5C0225D-0964-4C96-B732-506DD23DCA77.jpeg  

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2022, 2:26pm   #152
jimisparks
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

ferris
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0030.JPG  

jimisparks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimisparks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 11:34am   #153
Onebadcad
Barn Stall Owner #116
Doesn't have a big thing
Activity: 99.8%

Thanked 8,844 Times in 4,401 Posts

George. the little white Havashon, left us over two years ago, he set the standard for dgos, always full of love, never tore anything up, never messed in the house, made it to 14 and was always fierce with the others dogs never allowing them to eat his food or snacks, he could be tough when needed/
Attached Thumbnails
THREE DOGGIES.jpg  

Onebadcad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Onebadcad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2022, 10:46pm   #154
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner

Today is National Dog Day…here’s some doggie-safe donuts from Krispy Kreme in honor of our canine Rainbow Bridgekids.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2022, 7:59am   #155
Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 1.3%

Thanked 8,642 Times in 2,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270

I should know better than to go into this thread. Especially at work. Reminds me of all the best friends I've lost over the years.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2022, 10:13pm   #156
PLRX
Barn Stall Owner #120
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,056 Times in 2,545 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9282448
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
It saddens me to learn to lose your best friend and a family member simultaneously. I have a 7-year-old boxer, and I know he will not last another 7-years the fact that he will pass away bothers me so much that I wish I could give him some of my years.

I hope you took plenty of photos to honor your remarkable moments.
PLRX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PLRX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 8:50pm   #157
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84
Barn Stall Owner #49
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 3,963 Times in 2,070 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025197

Click image for larger version

Name:	finally reunited.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	69713
SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2022, 5:48pm   #158
Dan47
Barn Stall Owner #106
Activity: 43.2%

Thanked 3,942 Times in 1,648 Posts

Had to let my little buddy “Maxwell”, a cardigan corgi, go this morning after almost 15 years of companionship.

Never gets easier, hope rainbow bridge is real. Much love little buddy.
Attached Thumbnails
2156187E-8C1D-44B8-A562-BF36014C1BD8.jpg  

Attached Images

Dan47 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dan47 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 9:58pm   #159
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner

Default You never know…

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
It saddens me to learn to lose your best friend and a family member simultaneously. I have a 7-year-old boxer, and I know he will not last another 7-years the fact that he will pass away bothers me so much that I wish I could give him some of my years.

I hope you took plenty of photos to honor your remarkable moments.
My Boxer (Cosmo) made it to just past 12 years, even with cardiomyopathy…his previous owner (who passed away unexpectedly, unf how I got ownership of Cosmo) had a Boxer (Katie) who made it to 14 (even with cancer 3 times)! So you just never know…

That said, they could live to be 50 and it would still never be enough time. I totally feel you on wishing you could give some of your own years.

Would love to see a photo of your Boxer…my all-time favorite breed. Have had 7 in my life overall.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2022, 10:11pm   #160
LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan47 View Post
Had to let my little buddy “Maxwell”, a cardigan corgi, go this morning after almost 15 years of companionship.

Never gets easier, hope rainbow bridge is real. Much love little buddy.
So sorry to hear you lost your beloved Maxwell. Have dogsat a friend’s Corgi often and have wonderful memories of him at my house, truly a special breed.

I feel in my heart of hearts the RB is real. And perhaps Maxwell is even being kept company by Queen Elizabeth, who so loved her Corgis.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic