User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2011, 7:50pm   #1
xCCTer
Barn Stall Owner #35
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1212
Default 1988 Z52 A4 Coupe

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/xccter/1988%20Corvette%20Z52%20A4%20Coupe/
1988 Corvette Z52 A4 138k Miles $5,000.

Multiple Corvette Owner

Running out of garage space and selling my '88 Z52 (Sport Suspension) Coupe with 17" factory wheels. Original Numbers-matching drivetrain with no modifications. All options including automatic temperature control. RPO sticker still under storage compartment lid. 138k miles (6000mi/yr avg) and runs great. Burns no oil and exhaust is clear. Always passes emissions testing. Excellent oil pressure (60psi at start-up). If you look through the oil filler cap opening, you can read the stamping numbers on the head. No sludge. No evidence of ever having been in an accident of any kind, with a clean accident history report. Looks to have been garaged most of it's life before I bought it, and always garaged since 2005. Original paint (Dark Red) is 7/10, with normal surface scratches and rubber nose and tail fading on top. Nice shiny finish for a 23 year old factory paint job. One small rub-spot on hood that appears to have been from a cover, and a rub-spot on the underside of one headlamp assembly that can only be seen when the headlamps are flipped to the open position. Body panels have NO cracks, fractures or repairs. Needs tires, but they're a real personal choice thing, so I have no intention of replacing them. You may want Goodyear Eagles where I would buy another set of BFG G-forces. Also you can see the perfectly even wear patterns on present tires. They are fine to drive on, but I don't believe they'd pass inspection. Transmission serviced around 90k miles. Brakes will likely need to be replaced in the next 10k miles or so. New seats and window rubbers. Carpet is original with normal wear. New window regulator in driver door and new hatch actuator. Good mini spare with jack. Windjammer air deflector. New catalytic converters and exhaust in 2005, along with Bilstein shocks, new water pump, thermostat and hoses. Both tops, with new headliner and paint on fiberglass top. DRL conversion. R134 conversion. Alpine CD with original Bose in back and Boston Acoustic in doors. Many additional parts like a spare RH rim, A.I.R. pump and additional air cleaner set up for K&N with filters and oil. 2 covers. Both shop manuals. Always Mobil1. Steering wheel is worn, but I have a nice leather cover on it. No cracks in dashpad.

This is a turn-key vehicle once you put tires on it. I've already done many of the items these cars all need at this age. Just as an example, new seats on foam are close to $1000, so figure that into the price if you're looking at a C4 that has worn seats. A dash module that isn't working can cost several hundred dollars to diagnose and repair/replace. Air conditioning work can also run into hundreds of dollars very quickly. Everything works. This has been a great car and loads of fun to drive. I just don't have room for 2 Corvettes anymore.

Located in Frederick and/or Annapolis, MD

Note: People are asking about what "both" tops refers to. C4 Corvette Coupes (1984-96) usually came with the tinted see-through Plexiglass one-piece Targa top standard. Some came with the painted one-piece fiberglass top also. Most of the C4s you will see here and elsewhere DO NOT have the fiberglass roof panel. Go ahead and look. If you can find one for sale in the "parts" section, they are not cheap ($500 for a nice one), the headliner is almost always sagging or missing, and the chance that the paint on it will match your car is slim to none, so you have to pay to have it painted.

This car has a matching fiberglass Targa top, and a tinted plexiglass one as well.

Larger pictures available on request.

1988 Corvette

In answer to another question, I will not be "holding" this car for anyone. First $5500 takes it.

Yes, the car has a clean Title. No lien or salvage.

The power antenna is now stuck in the UP position, thus making me have to say that Everything except the power antenna works. Could be because it's 20* outside.
xCCTer is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > C4 Corvette > C4 Classifieds