Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2024, 11:27am   #41
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 91.4%

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,001 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Somebody's obsessed.
https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/...ytellerstealth
Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 12:28pm   #42
Red Baron
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.6%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rickles View Post
Attached Images

Red Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:23pm   #43
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,873 Times in 4,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Understood, but if it is a part of why you are rebelling, you can remove that hurdle.

I'll confess I am not saved. I have heard a lot, read a lot, experienced a lot, discussed it a lot, fretted a lot about it. It is troubling for me.

I don't reject it, or rebel. I seek salvation, but never seem to make it across the line. Imagine knowing every strategy, every rule, every requirement of a sport, but are unable to play. That's where I am.

If you are ever open to it, or want to crack the door open again, I would recommend watching The Chosen series.
I was not raised Catholic, FWIW, but I was raised in a religion that believed in exclusivity -- which always seemed ridiculous to me and still does.

I just rebelled against my parents for forcing it on me. Once I got married and moved away, as the years went by, I realized all the good that comes from religion, and that my parents only wanted the best for me.

I'm open to any of it now, but it's all just empty to me.
Bruze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 11:25pm   #44
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadcad View Post
Mine, take it or leave it.

GOD is Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient.
Those who argue HIS existence, fall flat when trying to explain how a big bang came from nothingness, they do not want to believe, not my concern.
Genesis provides much, but not everything.
Adam and Eve's children married others, so man's creation, without souls, is greater than 6,000 year written history.
As the CREATOR OF ALL THINGS, GOD wants to be united with those HE loves one day soon.
When this is done, it is not the end of civilization, it will go on, many new earths may be created.

IMO, it is sad to think life on earth is all there is, I believe those who put others first, and help to the extent they can afford, are rewarded for their virtues.

I also believe those who are selfish, dishonest and take advantage of others will be tossed in the lake of fire, as John foretold in Revelation.

You can get to Heaven without sitting every Sunday in a church pew.
That's all well and good if you believe it.

I don't.

You fall flat if you think "there's a big invisible man up in the sky that runs the world." There is zero evidence for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruze For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 1:56am   #45
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,618 Times in 2,716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
I was not raised Catholic, FWIW, but I was raised in a religion that believed in exclusivity -- which always seemed ridiculous to me and still does.

I just rebelled against my parents for forcing it on me. Once I got married and moved away, as the years went by, I realized all the good that comes from religion, and that my parents only wanted the best for me.

I'm open to any of it now, but it's all just empty to me.
As a life long Catholic, I have to ask, wut?
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 7:25am   #46
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
As a life long Catholic, I have to ask, wut?
A religion that believes that only THEY have all the answers and the only way you can be saved is to be a member of THEIR religion.

As I recall, Catholics believe that as do JWs, 7th Day maybe, and many others. Not all of course; my sister belongs to a Baptist church and they do not believe that.

But if my sister belongs to it, it must be woke so there's that. Most churches have been infiltrated with Marxist thinking so they are not really followers of Christian teachings anyway.

NOTE for those who spend their lives picking apart online posts: Note that I rarely write in absolutes.
Old 04-13-2024, 7:29am   #47
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112

Quote:
A religion that believes that only THEY have all the answers and the only way you can be saved is to be a member of THEIR religion.

As I recall, Catholics believe that as do JWs, 7th Day maybe, and many others. Not all of course; my sister belongs to a Baptist church and they do not believe that.

But if my sister belongs to it, it must be woke so there's that. Most churches have been infiltrated with Marxist thinking so they are not really followers of Christian teachings anyway.

NOTE for those who spend their lives picking apart online posts: Note that I rarely write in absolutes.
Yeah, I was never told that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yadkin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 7:37am   #48
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Yeah, I was never told that.
I don't know that most of those churches come right out and say that, but it is maybe a more of an unwritten theme once you get sucked it.

I also think most big churches can vary quite a bit depending on their local pastor/priest, etc.
Old 04-13-2024, 8:34am   #49
SurfnSun
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $476

Quote:
There is zero evidence for it.
Look at a single strand of DNA. For me it’s way easier to believe in intelligent design vs the notion that spinning space dust could explode and from that chaos, order and life is created.

There is plenty of evidence of God’s creation if you spend time thinking and contemplating our universe.

Big bang theory is akin to putting car parts, fluids, rubber, glass, etc in a centrifuge, spinning for decades/millenia, blowing it up and expecting a running car to be the output. Hardly reasonable. God makes sense.
SurfnSun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfnSun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 8:38am   #50
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112

Quote:
I don't know that most of those churches come right out and say that, but it is maybe a more of an unwritten theme once you get sucked it.

I also think most big churches can vary quite a bit depending on their local pastor/priest, etc.
A lot of people believe what's not true. The great thing about being a Catholic is that there is documentation on church teaching, the catechism, and it's online and free. The other great thing is that it does not shun science - it embraces it fearlessly.

There are plenty of things in Catholicism that I disagree with. Religion is just the combined experiences of its most dedicated followers, to help others find their own path. I find no need to be in complete agreement with them.
Old 04-13-2024, 8:41am   #51
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfnSun View Post
Look at a single strand of DNA. For me it’s way easier to believe in intelligent design vs the notion that spinning space dust could explode and from that chaos, order and life is created.

There is plenty of evidence of God’s creation if you spend time thinking and contemplating our universe.

Big bang theory is akin to putting car parts, fluids, rubber, glass, etc in a centrifuge, spinning for decades/millenia, blowing it up and expecting a running car to be the output. Hardly reasonable. God makes sense.
Many have made the mistake of thinking, 'science knows how it happened, therefore there is no God's.

That like saying, I know how a car was assembled, therefore there is no factory.
Old 04-13-2024, 8:49am   #52
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth

When you’re dead, you’re dead.

Old 04-13-2024, 9:09am   #53
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:

Quote:
Many have made the mistake of thinking, 'science knows how it happened, therefore there is no God's.

That like saying, I know how a car was assembled, therefore there is no factory.
I don't give a crap about any of that. If indeed the "man in the sky" is real and created us all, then he gave me this logical, critical brain that needs hard evidence to believe in questionable things.

Ink on paper is not evidence.

There is zero evidence of "a big man that lives in the sky who runs the world," so I don't worry about it, nor care, either way.

And for the so-called religious people: Just going to some building on Sundays (or Saturdays for Rickles ) and being a decent person, not committing crimes against others, not sewing discord, etc. means nothing as far as being "saved."

You have to live Christ-like, as much as is humanly possible, 24/7 your whole life. Aside from my parents and their friends, I have found very few "religious" people throughout my life who actually did that.
Old 04-13-2024, 9:12am   #54
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Rickles View Post
When you’re dead, you’re dead.
That's where logic leads me.

If you're interested in going early, let me know -- I can arrange it.
Old 04-13-2024, 9:21am   #55
SurfnSun
A Real Barner
Activity: 36.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $476

Quote:
I don't give a crap about any of that. If indeed the "man in the sky" is real and created us all, then he gave me this logical, critical brain that needs hard evidence to believe in questionable things.

Ink on paper is not evidence.

There is zero evidence of "a big man that lives in the sky who runs the world," so I don't worry about it, nor care, either way.

And for the so-called religious people: Just going to some building on Sundays (or Saturdays for Rickles ) and being a decent person, not committing crimes against others, not sewing discord, etc. means nothing as far as being "saved."

You have to live Christ-like, as much as is humanly possible, 24/7 your whole life. Aside from my parents and their friends, I have found very few "religious" people throughout my life who actually did that.

Ink on paper has been the standard of proof in court systems since Roman times. Despite the number attempts to destroy it, the Bible lives on with more proof of it being unearthed yearly by archeologists.

The rest of your stuff isn’t based on actual experience but rationalization & justification for why you don’t want to believe or even explore it.
SurfnSun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurfnSun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 9:24am   #56
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth

Quote:
That's where logic leads me.

If you're interested in going early, let me know -- I can arrange it.
Hello…. You’re taking to a dead guy…

Jeez some idiots I’ll tell ya…
The Following User Says Thank You to Don Rickles For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 9:31am   #57
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,581 Times in 10,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

With all due respect, Bruze just doesn’t get it. I hope he finds faith and salvation before it’s too late.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 9:34am   #58
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
With all due respect, Bruze just doesn’t get it. I hope he finds faith and salvation before it’s too late.
Old 04-13-2024, 9:40am   #59
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,581 Times in 10,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Hi Bruze, please don’t be this guy:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, “Jump in, I can save you.”

The stranded fellow shouted back, “No, it’s OK, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me.”

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. “The fellow in the motorboat shouted, “Jump in, I can save you.”

To this the stranded man said, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, “Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety.”

To this the stranded man again replied, “No thanks, I’m praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith.”

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, “I had faith in you but you didn’t save me, you let me drown. I don’t understand why!”

To this God replied, “I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?”
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LATB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 9:41am   #60
Bruze
A Real Barner

Quote:
Ink on paper has been the standard of proof in court systems since Roman times. Despite the number attempts to destroy it, the Bible lives on with more proof of it being unearthed yearly by archeologists.

The rest of your stuff isn’t based on actual experience but rationalization & justification for why you don’t want to believe or even explore it.
"The written law"? How's that working out for Trump and people surrounding him?

How's the Constitution -- ink on paper -- holding up?

"All laws are not just, nor is justice necessarily legal." -- USMC Col. Jeff Cooper (1920-2006)

The Law, by Frederic Bastiat

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic