Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2024, 6:03pm   #41
BADRACR1
Barn Stall Owner #5150
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 3,979 Times in 1,507 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2000032332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
In Florida if someone is occupying property to the exten that they were, they have possession of the property and they have to be evicted. It’s legally their property and by walking in there like he did he was basically burglarizing their property if they hadn’t given him permission to enter. Setting up cameras inside, I’d say that was a civil matter rather than criminal depending on what he did with the data coming in from the cameras, but he can’t do that any more than he could gain entry into anyone else’s house and go around setting up cameras. Imagine if I had done any of that to your house … I’d be up the shits creek and you know that as well as I do be cause as far as the law is concerned it’s your ****ing house. That’s where he would be if the occupants had decided to lawyer up.

Illegal evictions in FL and I dare say all of the other states will get you into a world of trouble.
Been there. Twice. In Florida. Wife's ex-husband and a friend of hers. She allowed both to "stay" at our place in Walton County while they looked for a place to live then wouldn't leave. Had to take both to court to evict them. Can't cut power or water to encourage them to leave, can't just throw their stuff out. That's illegal. Covid allowed the ex to be there almost ten months after requesting he leave. Friend took four months. Cost me a couple of grand each time. I told her if she lets anyone else stay there, they can keep it. Not doing it again.
BADRACR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 6:46am   #42
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.1%

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,605 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

We had squatters in my subdivision and nobody knew for 3 months. They moved into a brand new, just built lakefront home and were quiet and smarter than most so nobody caught on. Took 3-4 months to get them out; something the new FLA law will address.
We have lots of snowbirds that are particularly vulnerable, they might not visit their second, southern home for months at a time.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 9:21am   #43
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,457 Times in 10,616 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADRACR1 View Post
Been there. Twice. In Florida. Wife's ex-husband and a friend of hers. She allowed both to "stay" at our place in Walton County while they looked for a place to live then wouldn't leave. Had to take both to court to evict them. Can't cut power or water to encourage them to leave, can't just throw their stuff out. That's illegal. Covid allowed the ex to be there almost ten months after requesting he leave. Friend took four months. Cost me a couple of grand each time. I told her if she lets anyone else stay there, they can keep it. Not doing it again.
If you decide to sell the place let me know, I know a guy.
LATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 9:31am   #44
Don Rickles
Mr. Warmth
Activity: 47.1%

Thanked 4,315 Times in 1,965 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2001216

Could help solve the blight in major cities….? Countless properties sit and rot, owners pass,etc. too many reasons…Start with vacant city foreclosures .Make them follow US entry regs. Then they have start to paying taxes, expenses etc.

Just a thought
Don Rickles is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic