Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2024, 6:38pm   #241
lrobe22
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
Case in point.
Why the sad victim mindset? Your vote had such a huge impact on days like yesterday. Just think of how many kids were invited to search your president's pockets for candy. your hero was undoubtedly *touched* physically and maybe even spiritually by so many kids yesterday.
lrobe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 6:40pm   #242
LATB
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 23,471 Times in 10,626 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8122190

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
I'll give you credit for not being a hit-and-run thread starter like @slewfoot
But still a pos Biden voter nonetheless.
LATB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 6:48pm   #243
Taurus
A Real Barner
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 5,743 Times in 2,719 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3895593

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrobe22 View Post
Why the sad victim mindset? Your vote had such a huge impact on days like yesterday. Just think of how many kids were invited to search your president's pockets for candy. your hero was undoubtedly *touched* physically and maybe even spiritually by so many kids yesterday.
No sad victim mindset, just don't want to talk politics on every thread I post in, that's all. If I wanted to I would go to P&R.
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 7:40pm   #244
slewfoot
Barn Stall Owner #118
Activity: 60.4%

Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,190 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1002672

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
I'll give you credit for not being a hit-and-run thread starter like @slewfoot
Not really, I just don't sit here all day or subscribe. I have a fair number of hits.
slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 7:46pm   #245
mtnman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 5.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewfoot View Post
Not really, I just don't sit here all day or subscribe. I have a fair number of hits.

mtnman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 7:13am   #246
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 35.6%

Thanked 7,069 Times in 3,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Me as well and with all of the issues faced there a couple things are true. First, they are nothing if not consistent so keeping your memberships should not be that hard. Secondly, when I post in C3, we talk about C3's, when I post in C5, we talk about C5's, when I post in OT we stay on that topic and the only time I have to get involved in a political discussion is when I decide to post in P&R unlike here where every thread becomes political for me.
The biggest problem with CFOT is that Cumdawg decides what is political and what isn't. That might be OK, if he was at all reasonable about it, but he's not. Like I said, my last moderation was in a leaf blower thread, because apparently Cumdawg thinks leaf blowers are political. He locked a thread yesterday because some folks mentioned the impact of inflation on their portfolios, and Cumdawg thinks inflation is political.

The board is essentially unusable, and IB has made it abundantly clear that they do not give a single shit about the "user experience" on their message boards. I don't expect it to change any time soon.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 8:38am   #247
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 28,006 Times in 11,834 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The biggest problem with CFOT is that Cumdawg decides what is political and what isn't. That might be OK, if he was at all reasonable about it, but he's not. Like I said, my last moderation was in a leaf blower thread, because apparently Cumdawg thinks leaf blowers are political. He locked a thread yesterday because some folks mentioned the impact of inflation on their portfolios, and Cumdawg thinks inflation is political.

The board is essentially unusable, and IB has made it abundantly clear that they do not give a single shit about the "user experience" on their message boards. I don't expect it to change any time soon.
Well, when advertisers see they are getting hits on their ads, but no sales (bots) they will pull their funding and IB will step in. Until then (long shot, too) nothing will happen, Cumdawg and his following of fluffers will continue to ruin that forum, and our membership here will continue to rise at the same pace as they ban people there for utter bullshit.
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 8:46am   #248
Unsuspicious
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.2%

Thanked 1,849 Times in 999 Posts

Solution seems pretty simple- become a vendor sponsor for the off topic forum. Money talks and all that.
Unsuspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 8:47am   #249
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 70.1%

Thanked 33,468 Times in 11,753 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Well, when advertisers see they are getting hits on their ads, but no sales (bots) they will pull their funding and IB will step in. Until then (long shot, too) nothing will happen, Cumdawg and his following of fluffers will continue to ruin that forum, and our membership here will continue to rise at the same pace as they ban people there for utter bullshit.

None of that will happen. Why? Advertisers don't care about OT. CF has far more activity in the Corvette generation sections than OT. If OT disappeared completely the advertisers wouldn't care. (I think some of the Mods/Admins there would like OT and P&R to disappear.) VB has very little activity in the Corvette sections, with most in OT and P&R. Two very different places.

Related question: This place used to have lots of activity in the Corvette sections, as well as the regional sections, and even had vendors, but not now. What happened?
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 9:03am   #250
Rob
Administrator
Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
I wonder if @Rob has the numbers and can post them, of how many new members there are here in the past 1-2 years.

And who are known CF members.
I could probably come up with some numbers but that would require effort and time. Both of which, I have none
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 9:23am   #251
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 33,690 Times in 13,647 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I could probably come up with some numbers but that would require effort and time. Both of which, I have none
Then just make something up...

Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 9:41am   #252
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
None of that will happen. Why? Advertisers don't care about OT. CF has far more activity in the Corvette generation sections than OT. If OT disappeared completely the advertisers wouldn't care. (I think some of the Mods/Admins there would like OT and P&R to disappear.) VB has very little activity in the Corvette sections, with most in OT and P&R. Two very different places.

Related question: This place used to have lots of activity in the Corvette sections, as well as the regional sections, and even had vendors, but not now. What happened?
There just are not enough active members to support those forums any longer. There's maybe what, 30, 40 or 50 members that are truly active and of those I would guess the top 20 or so make up the majority of the posts and they live in OT.

How many members have been run off by the group here? Pretty obvious why the numbers are down.
Old 04-02-2024, 9:49am   #253
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Thanked 33,690 Times in 13,647 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
There just are not enough active members to support those forums any longer. There's maybe what, 30, 40 or 50 members that are truly active and of those I would guess the top 20 or so make up the majority of the posts and they live in OT.

How many members have been run off by the group here? Pretty obvious why the numbers are down.
I'll make a comparison for you.

Back in the good old days. if you were in school and some flamboyant femboy showed up to hang with you, he will be faced with two options. "Friend up" and fit in, or thin skin your way OUT.

Times changed and suddenly we are told we have to accept the blue haired fatty chicks with a pierced nose, and the soy-boy knob bobbers.

I think the Barn is still old school in this respect and for that reason, I like it here.

We are not forced to put up with the social outcasts and square pegs.

At least not yet.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 9:54am   #254
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 70.1%

Thanked 33,468 Times in 11,753 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:

Sorry, not buying it. Look through some of the older threads/posts in the generation or regional sections here. Many of those members weren't active in OT where they would get "run off by the group here." It's the same at CF, where the majority of those posting in the generation and regional sections never post in OT or P&R and have no idea how the moderation there has changed (and don't care).
Steve_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 9:56am   #255
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post

Back in the good old days. if you were in school and some flamboyant femboy showed up to hang with you, he will be faced with two options. "Friend up" and fit in, or thin skin your way OUT.

Times changed and suddenly we are told we have to accept the blue haired fatty chicks with a pierced nose, and the soy-boy knob bobbers.

I think the Barn is still old school in this respect and for that reason, I like it here.

At least not yet.
But that's not the case here, there aren't any blue haired fatty chicks or soy boys trying to join. There are fellow Corvette enthusiast that step in and if they don't fit the mold of the political leaning here they get ostracized by the group, don't sugar coat it. There are too many third graders and not enough adults in the room.

Two things happen at that point, the newbies leave/stop coming in as they observe the games as a guest and some of the older members get tired of the constant nonsense and they bail. We've seen that be the case often.
Old 04-02-2024, 9:58am   #256
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 80.9%

Thanked 10,808 Times in 3,970 Posts

Quote:
No sad victim mindset, just don't want to talk politics on every thread I post in, that's all. If I wanted to I would go to P&R.

You sound like a guy that used to be in our golfing group. He voted for the pedophile child sniffer because Trump hurt his little feelings by calling people names. Then he got pissy when we would stand around the tee box and complain about just how bad this country is doing under the crackhead's father. We basically told him that if he didn't like it, he shouldn't vote with all the emotions of a menopausal woman and to suck it up and be proud of his choice. He no longer plays with our group.

No idea who he golfs with as there just aren't that many pedophile supporters on the course from what I can tell. Maybe he joined a knitting circle or something.
Tikiman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 9:58am   #257
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
Sorry, not buying it. Look through some of the older threads/posts in the generation or regional sections here. Many of those members weren't active in OT where they would get "run off by the group here." It's the same at CF, where the majority of those posting in the generation and regional sections never post in OT or P&R and have no idea how the moderation there has changed (and don't care).
and many of those members are gone.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:02am   #258
Taurus
A Real Barner

Quote:
But that's not the case here, there aren't any blue haired fatty chicks or soy boys trying to join. There are fellow Corvette enthusiast that step in and if they don't fit the mold of the political leaning here they get ostracized by the group, don't sugar coat it. There are too many third graders and not enough adults in the room.

Two things happen at that point, the newbies leave/stop coming in as they observe the games as a guest and some of the older members get tired of the constant nonsense and they bail. We've seen that be the case often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post

You sound like a guy that used to be in our golfing group. He voted for the pedophile child sniffer because Trump hurt his little feelings by calling people names. Then he got pissy when we would stand around the tee box and complain about just how bad this country is doing under the crackhead's father. We basically told him that if he didn't like it, he shouldn't vote with all the emotions of a menopausal woman and to suck it up and be proud of his choice. He no longer plays with our group.

No idea who he golfs with as there just aren't that many pedophile supporters on the course from what I can tell. Maybe he joined a knitting circle or something.
Case in point, who wants to deal with these posts on a daily basis on all threads? It's old and boring and why many have left.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:02am   #259
IB4TL
A Real Barner
Activity: 9.0%

Thanked 2,370 Times in 989 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1064

Quote:

We sold our Corvettes
IB4TL is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IB4TL For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 10:06am   #260
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 80.9%

Thanked 10,808 Times in 3,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post

At least not yet.

Just like the guy at the golf course. Makes really stupid, shitty decisions that affect the whole group and then doesn't want to hear anyone complain about it. If you invited a guy to go out fishing with you and, instead of fishing, he spent his time drilling holes in the bottom of the boat, don't you think you would have a right to complain when your feet started to get wet?

I swear. These liberal soyboys simply do not want to be held responsible for their asinine decisions. It's always the other guy's fault and everyone should be more "tolerant".
Attached Images

Tikiman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tikiman For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic