Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  
 
Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2020, 5:14pm   #1
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Points: 50,862, Level: 100
Activity: 34.0%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 20,696
Thanks: 7,989
Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,135 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1068666
Default Corona virus symptoms..

My wife has had a cough for a minute and I was starting to get worried. I knew that one of the symptoms was loss of smell. Therefore, I farted under the covers and fanned it. Evidently she just has allergies...
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 5:20pm   #2
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 134,570, Level: 100
Activity: 32.1%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 56,413
Thanks: 10,274
Thanked 21,351 Times in 11,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19000073
Default

dead man walking....
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 5:25pm   #3
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Points: 50,862, Level: 100
Activity: 34.0%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 20,696
Thanks: 7,989
Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,135 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1068666
Default

I was just trying to help...
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 5:33pm   #4
04 commemorative
A Real Barner
Points: 42,966, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9%
 
04 commemorative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Down the Shore,New Jersey
Posts: 9,568
Thanks: 1,629
Thanked 3,549 Times in 1,851 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1003552
Default

Dutch Oven works too
04 commemorative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 5:38pm   #5
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 134,570, Level: 100
Activity: 32.1%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 56,413
Thanks: 10,274
Thanked 21,351 Times in 11,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19000073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
I was just trying to help...
i haven't had a sense of smell since about HS. nothing.

so a few weeks ago, Mrs. DAB is out grocery shopping, and she calls and asks me if the half and half is still fresh. ummmm..... i can ask it. no, you have to smell it. ummmm..... how long have we been married (18 years in July)...oh. never mind.
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 5:45pm   #6
Cybercowboy
2016 Election Expert
Barn Stall Owner #64
Points: 47,575, Level: 100
Activity: 21.1%
 
Cybercowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 17,632
Thanks: 947
Thanked 8,803 Times in 4,242 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $11377340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
i haven't had a sense of smell since about HS. nothing.

so a few weeks ago, Mrs. DAB is out grocery shopping, and she calls and asks me if the half and half is still fresh. ummmm..... i can ask it. no, you have to smell it. ummmm..... how long have we been married (18 years in July)...oh. never mind.
My wife can't smell very well, especially if testing milk products for spoilage. And she can easily clean a cat litter box when it gags me to high heaven, saying she doesn't smell anything that bad. She'll shove a carton of milk in my face and ask me if it's good. I can wave my hand over it, I don't need to get close. It's almost always OK. Also handy tip, for some reason milk/cream/buttermilk in cartons lasts longer than in plastic. I have no idea why.
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 5:59pm   #7
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 134,570, Level: 100
Activity: 32.1%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 56,413
Thanks: 10,274
Thanked 21,351 Times in 11,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19000073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
My wife can't smell very well, especially if testing milk products for spoilage. And she can easily clean a cat litter box when it gags me to high heaven, saying she doesn't smell anything that bad. She'll shove a carton of milk in my face and ask me if it's good. I can wave my hand over it, I don't need to get close. It's almost always OK. Also handy tip, for some reason milk/cream/buttermilk in cartons lasts longer than in plastic. I have no idea why.
just the opposite here.

she's glad i get stuck dealing with the septic system (got backed up last year a few times).
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 6:15pm   #8
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Points: 50,862, Level: 100
Activity: 34.0%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 20,696
Thanks: 7,989
Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,135 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1068666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 commemorative View Post
Dutch Oven works too
That was sort of the goal, but she was fighting it the whole way. Not sure why I tried to help her diagnose her dang allergies......She should be grateful.
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 6:43pm   #9
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 106,039, Level: 100
Activity: 57.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 42,299
Thanks: 12,815
Thanked 16,344 Times in 8,174 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2613902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
That was sort of the goal, but she was fighting it the whole way. Not sure why I tried to help her diagnose her dang allergies......She should be grateful.
The big question is, if you were asked to ramp up production of your test methods, how many smell tests could you administer, per day. Assume all the beans, broccoli, and hard boiled eggs you need as raw materials are available.

You could become an effective front line worker in the war on the Wu flu!
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 6:50pm   #10
69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Points: 50,862, Level: 100
Activity: 34.0%
 
69camfrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Somewhere in GA
Posts: 20,696
Thanks: 7,989
Thanked 9,190 Times in 4,135 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1068666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
The big question is, if you were asked to ramp up production of your test methods, how many smell tests could you administer, per day. Assume all the beans, broccoli, and hard boiled eggs you need as raw materials are available.

You could become an effective front line worker in the war on the Wu flu!
I better get busy. I'm gonna be rich!
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 6:52pm   #11
DAB
Sparkles Flambeaux
Barn Stall Owner #4
Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Points: 134,570, Level: 100
Activity: 32.1%
 
DAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 56,413
Thanks: 10,274
Thanked 21,351 Times in 11,089 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19000073
Default

paging Gozar
DAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 7:01pm   #12
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,384, Level: 50
Activity: 83.7%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 257
Thanked 1,892 Times in 925 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9468
Default

Maybe I haven't been keeping up with current events, but I thought the symptoms of Coronavirus were as follows:

1. An asshole that does not feel clean, no matter how many times you wipe it.
2. An overpowering feeling of shame at the appearance of one's nose and mouth area.
3. An insatiable thirst for water that is expensive, and comes from a plastic bottle.

I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head. Please feel free to add to the list!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mick For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2020, 7:11pm   #13
bill_daniels
Barn Stall Owner #90125
NCM Supporter '19,'20
Points: 106,039, Level: 100
Activity: 57.9%
 
bill_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Tejas, Estados Unidos
Posts: 42,299
Thanks: 12,815
Thanked 16,344 Times in 8,174 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2613902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Maybe I haven't been keeping up with current events, but I thought the symptoms of Coronavirus were as follows:

1. An asshole that does not feel clean, no matter how many times you wipe it.
2. An overpowering feeling of shame at the appearance of one's nose and mouth area.
3. An insatiable thirst for water that is expensive, and comes from a plastic bottle.

I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head. Please feel free to add to the list!
4. Overwhelming panicked need to buy a gun and ammo, especially among anti-gun liberal Wu flu infectees.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 9:06pm   #14
aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Points: 47,670, Level: 100
Activity: 90.4%
 
aerovette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 1/1/20 club
Posts: 20,885
Thanks: 7,388
Thanked 10,695 Times in 4,772 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $95588
Default

I've been doing some covert testing so as not to cause alarm. So far, everyone in my work place is cleared.
aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 7:33am   #15
Mick
A Real Barner
Points: 5,384, Level: 50
Activity: 83.7%
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,127
Thanks: 257
Thanked 1,892 Times in 925 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
4. Overwhelming panicked need to buy a gun and ammo, especially among anti-gun liberal Wu flu infectees.
Hmmmmm, maybe I have it. I definitely feel I need to buy more guns.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 1:41pm   #16
BOTY
A Real Barner
Points: 21,123, Level: 100
Activity: 99.4%
 
BOTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 16,682
Thanks: 9,262
Thanked 6,976 Times in 4,042 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15011527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Hmmmmm, maybe I have it. I definitely feel I need to buy more guns.
Yeah, but for no particular reason other than having another one. You will be fine.
BOTY is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:55pm.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn


Support the Barn:
 
Download the Mobile App;
 
Follow us on Facebook:

Become a Stall Owner

 

Apple iOS App        Google Android App

 

Visit our Facebook page