Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2020, 12:37am   #101
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 4.3%

Thanked 13,004 Times in 7,316 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Page 2!
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 3:31am   #102
Olustee bus
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,781 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1232517

Sometime around March or so, I experienced a pretty bad shortness of breath for no real reason. I was doing very easy yard work and I got really winded. I stopped and walked towards the house to get some clippers. I could not get a good breath and I was really worried about a heart attack or something. I did not take my temperature. don't remember if I had muscle pain or stiffness as I have that all the time. I called my doctor the next Monday and had an appointment that week. They performed an EKG and set me up for a stress test the next week. I failed that stress test miserably. A week later, I had a nuclear stress test (I think it was called that). I did great with that and the doctor said my heart looks great.

I suppose I did not have the virus as my wife showed no symptoms. If I had the virus, it was a very mild case. I just wonder about it as I have not had that kind of problem since and I have worked much harder.
Olustee bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 8:02am   #103
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 37.8%

Thanked 14,134 Times in 4,311 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

This sweet man was my music teacher and his wife later was my sons elementary music teacher. For those saying " I don't even know anyone with COVID". Well good for you. There are too many here.

Message from someone else on his wifes page>>

We all know someone who has been infected with the COVID-19 virus. Most of us know someone who has recovered from painful and severe symptoms. Many of us know someone personally who has lost their life to this virus. Today I join that group...one of my mentors, teachers and someone I've looked up to since before becoming a teacher died this weekend from this unforgiving virus. Terry Attebery was the high school choir director that mentored me during my student teaching experience at Edmond Memorial High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. He taught me so many things about caring for students while at the same time nurturing the music inside of them. He is the one I turned to when I worked with my first 9th grade choir. He gave me the realization that I had to have a "pocket full of tricks" that I could pull out at any time if I needed to change pace, give students a brief break or bring a choir back together in a rehearsal.
My heart aches for Missy, his sons and their families. Prayers for you all for peace and comfort in the wonderful memories you have and knowing that he made a difference in so many lives. 💔
Please, friends...be safe, be smart and be compassionate for your neighbor. Wear a mask and keep at a safe distance.

C3C7NIC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 10:49am   #104
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 40.3%

Thanked 18,441 Times in 8,125 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Neighbors in the house behind mine had a big dinner party last night. Among the guests were the homeowner's elderly parents.

[Steve_R]Did you drop a dime on them?[/Steve_R]
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 11:04am   #105
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 74.8%

Thanked 33,116 Times in 11,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
Neighbors in the house behind mine had a big dinner party last night. Among the guests were the homeowner's elderly parents.

You should have called 911 and ratted them out. You know, for their safety.

MIL tested positive 2 weeks ago. She's 84. Mild flu-like symptoms, no doctor or hospital visit, and fully recovered.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 11:05am   #106
Nox
A Real Barner

Thanked 1,676 Times in 634 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olustee bus View Post
Sometime around March or so, I experienced a pretty bad shortness of breath for no real reason. I was doing very easy yard work and I got really winded. I stopped and walked towards the house to get some clippers. I could not get a good breath and I was really worried about a heart attack or something. I did not take my temperature. don't remember if I had muscle pain or stiffness as I have that all the time. I called my doctor the next Monday and had an appointment that week. They performed an EKG and set me up for a stress test the next week. I failed that stress test miserably. A week later, I had a nuclear stress test (I think it was called that). I did great with that and the doctor said my heart looks great.

I suppose I did not have the virus as my wife showed no symptoms. If I had the virus, it was a very mild case. I just wonder about it as I have not had that kind of problem since and I have worked much harder.
Everyone I know who actually tested positive lost their sense of taste and smell. Not just slightly, but I can’t even smell gasoline right now, and things that you are familiar with taste like cardboard. Some things you normally enjoy taste horrible. I used to drink Diet Coke daily. That leaves a really bad aftertaste right now. So if you cannot honestly say you experienced that, there is a good chance you didn’t have it.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:15pm   #107
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 33,385 Times in 13,465 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
Holy crap Jeff, I'm glad you posted this.

I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes in 2014. I lost 56 pounds and have not been treated for diabetes since then.

I'm going to start checking my blood sugar more often now. It's normal so far today, but I sure had that hyperglycemia feeling during this illness.
I learned last night that it went to 596. HE is the one that checked it, but was so foggy, he never said anything. His doctor prescribed some medication and it is down to 170. That is still to high, but he only had one dose. He has as sore throat and fatigue issues, but in general is feeling a lot better.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 12:19pm   #108
Raazor
2020 Election Expert
Activity: 16.9%

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!
Thanked 19,533 Times in 7,264 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1134156

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
This sweet man was my music teacher and his wife later was my sons elementary music teacher. For those saying " I don't even know anyone with COVID". Well good for you. There are too many here.

Message from someone else on his wifes page>>

We all know someone who has been infected with the COVID-19 virus. Most of us know someone who has recovered from painful and severe symptoms. Many of us know someone personally who has lost their life to this virus. Today I join that group...one of my mentors, teachers and someone I've looked up to since before becoming a teacher died this weekend from this unforgiving virus. Terry Attebery was the high school choir director that mentored me during my student teaching experience at Edmond Memorial High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. He taught me so many things about caring for students while at the same time nurturing the music inside of them. He is the one I turned to when I worked with my first 9th grade choir. He gave me the realization that I had to have a "pocket full of tricks" that I could pull out at any time if I needed to change pace, give students a brief break or bring a choir back together in a rehearsal.
My heart aches for Missy, his sons and their families. Prayers for you all for peace and comfort in the wonderful memories you have and knowing that he made a difference in so many lives. 💔
Please, friends...be safe, be smart and be compassionate for your neighbor. Wear a mask and keep at a safe distance.

However, she forgot "Most of us know a bunch of people who tested positive and had nothing but the sniffles".

For me, it's a majority but I did have one death and two severe, flu-like symptoms.

Outside of the media, it's not even being talked about anymore where I travel.
Raazor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raazor For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:22pm   #109
Raazor
2020 Election Expert

Location: Big Sky Country... Where the men are men, the sheep are nervous, and the winters are LOOONG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Everyone I know who actually tested positive lost their sense of taste and smell. Not just slightly, but I can’t even smell gasoline right now, and things that you are familiar with taste like cardboard. Some things you normally enjoy taste horrible. I used to drink Diet Coke daily. That leaves a really bad aftertaste right now. So if you cannot honestly say you experienced that, there is a good chance you didn’t have it.
I talk to every employee who tests positive and only a few have lost taste and smell. My dad lost his and it said it was the worst part. He has booze hidden all over the house so mom doesn't know he's drinking and he couldn't even taste that!
Old 12-07-2020, 12:23pm   #110
Raazor
2020 Election Expert

Quote:

and?
Old 12-07-2020, 12:40pm   #111
Nox
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raazor View Post
I talk to every employee who tests positive and only a few have lost taste and smell. My dad lost his and it said it was the worst part. He has booze hidden all over the house so mom doesn't know he's drinking and he couldn't even taste that!
Put it this way. If you did in fact lose your sense of taste and smell, it is an indicator to me that you had it, more of a positive indicator.

It could possibly be a regional mutation. Everyone in my workplace reports loss of sense of smell and taste as well as stomach issues.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:45pm   #112
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
and?
I'll report back when they all die.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:49pm   #113
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21

Quote:
Put it this way. If you did in fact lose your sense of taste and smell, it is an indicator to me that you had it, more of a positive indicator.

It could possibly be a regional mutation. Everyone in my workplace reports loss of sense of smell and taste as well as stomach issues.
FWIW, my friend in Chicago lost taste and smell. Is Chicago in your "region?"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvarapala For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:51pm   #114
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
I reached a point where I wasn't sure if I actually smelled something or if I just remembered how it smelled and my brain filled in the blanks.

Yesterday I could smell a scented candle burning, but not until I actually saw it. This morning I could smell the MIO berry drink I made. I can pick up a shirt and smell detergent if it is right under my nose. If I don't smell detergent, I assume it isn't clean. Still can't smell cologne or bar soap when I take a shower. As gross a topic as it is...currently "my shit don't stink" at least to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 12:53pm   #115
Nox
A Real Barner

Quote:
FWIW, my friend in Chicago lost taste and smell. Is Chicago in your "region?"
Nope.. It’s probably one of the more reliable indicators that you have it, but it’s not a reliable indicator that you don’t.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:55pm   #116
Nox
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I reached a point where I wasn't sure if I actually smelled something or if I just remembered how it smelled and my brain filled in the blanks.

Yesterday I could smell a scented candle burning, but not until I actually saw it. This morning I could smell the MIO berry drink I made. I can pick up a shirt and smell detergent if it is right under my nose. If I don't smell detergent, I assume it isn't clean. Still can't smell cologne or bar soap when I take a shower. As gross a topic as it is...currently "my shit don't stink" at least to me.
It’s certainly changed my diet. I currently can’t eat certain foods, because as my senses return, some things just taste and smell horrendous to me. I am also eating a lot of things by “mouthfeel.” As stupid as it sounds, corn chips appeal to me right now, mostly for their crunch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 1:05pm   #117
Steve_R
A Real Barner
Activity: 74.8%

Thanked 33,116 Times in 11,611 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1025333

Quote:

However, she forgot "Most of us know a bunch of people who tested positive and had nothing but the sniffles".

For me, it's a majority but I did have one death and two severe, flu-like symptoms.

Outside of the media, it's not even being talked about anymore where I travel.
Same here except no deaths we know or know of. Several in Kathy's family have tested positive, from kids to her 84 year old mom. None lost sense of taste or smell, none required hospitalization or prescription meds, all have recovered. Except for masks it's not much of a topic where I travel either, except for the few obviously-terrified people I see in airports who look like they're doing toxic waste cleanup instead of traveling somewhere.
Steve_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_R For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 1:15pm   #118
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
It’s certainly changed my diet. I currently can’t eat certain foods, because as my senses return, some things just taste and smell horrendous to me. I am also eating a lot of things by “mouthfeel.” As stupid as it sounds, corn chips appeal to me right now, mostly for their crunch.
I LOVE Cap'n Crunch and I had a bowl while I was sick. I could taste the milk, but the cereal was like packing peanuts. No flavor. Strange phenomenon. Now, because of that, I don't want it anymore. I eat tons of salsa with chips. Salsa tastes horrible now and I can't eat it anymore. Chocolate survived, so did egg nog, and most of the Thanksgiving dinner was ok. Still experimenting with whatever is in the pantry. Everything tastes over salted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 1:20pm   #119
bill_daniels
10cm member
Barn Stall Owner #90125

NCM Supporter '19,'20
Activity: 99.4%

Thanked 41,077 Times in 17,080 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2621492

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovette View Post
I LOVE Cap'n Crunch and I had a bowl while I was sick. I could taste the milk, but the cereal was like packing peanuts. No flavor. Strange phenomenon. Now, because of that, I don't want it anymore. I eat tons of salsa with chips. Salsa tastes horrible now and I can't eat it anymore. Chocolate survived, so did egg nog, and most of the Thanksgiving dinner was ok. Still experimenting with whatever is in the pantry. Everything tastes over salted.
Maybe I should go out and try to get the 'rona, as a weight loss mechanism.
bill_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill_daniels For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 1:20pm   #120
z06psi
Barn Stall Owner #∞
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 13,711 Times in 5,285 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $34677

Quote:

So? I had 25 people in my house at Thanksgiving. 5 of them were over 70 and one was over 80 to include my parents.

Continue hiding in your basement.
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic