Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2019, 8:49pm   #1
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 21,856 Times in 8,891 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008
Cool firewood

On the corner of our lot we "had" a tree with a trunk about 2-1/2' to 3' in diameter. First the one side died, then the other. It's been completely dead for over 5 years now.

Tree services wanted way too much to bring it down. ( they don't drop trees anymore, they section them and drop pieces. More money out of your wallet into theirs)

The asshole neighbor sold the lot next to us and a builder purchased it. ( which is great, no more dealing with the wart on the ass of life ). Turns out the guy the builder has doing the driveway and septic work is local and both Mary and I know him and a lot of his relatives.

Andy offered to push the tree over when he brought his track hoe over. His son Drew brought it over yesterday and pushed it over for us in less than a minute.

New rules on where you can operate heavy equipment* kept him from getting in perfect position but the two small trees ( 6" ) were a fair price to pay for having the dead one pushed over

Here's firewood on the ground. I cut the two limbs off tonight into fireplace sized pieces and they are already on the front porch

* there are "blue strings" at various areas on the lots. If they drive the equipment onto those areas, they can be fined thousands of dollars. About half of the 1-1/2 acre lot is "off limits" to the heavy equipment
Attached Images

JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 2:25am   #2
mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Well, better firewood than rotten wood.....just waiting to hit something you want/NEED.....

but one obvious Question.....what is the big deal about driving some equipment around what looks like trash woods?? not like it's a tree farm or gold mine or something valuable....watt gives??

mrvette is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrvette For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 8:12am   #3
Stevedore
Bantayan Kids '17
Activity: 1.1%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $406058

Nice that you got it down for free.

And what's the deal with the "no drive" zone? Protecting the environment, or something like that? We have a conservation easement of the rearmost 100 ft or so of our property, all wooded, where we can't disturb anything. No clearing or cutting, no structures, no parking, etc. I haven't seen it happen since we've been here, but someone from our town apparently checks occasionally for violations. They did actually once have a guy demolish & remove a storage building he had built on his property that was in his easement area.
Stevedore is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevedore For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 8:23pm   #4
JRD77VET
Barn Stall Owner #327
NCM Supporter '16,'17,'19,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 21,856 Times in 8,891 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5976008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Well, better firewood than rotten wood.....just waiting to hit something you want/NEED.....

but one obvious Question.....what is the big deal about driving some equipment around what looks like trash woods?? not like it's a tree farm or gold mine or something valuable....watt gives??

It's not a "trash woods". It's a tree line that we had to piles sticks at the edge of our property to keep the drunken ****tard from mowing over our plantings AGAIN.

if you look up "asshole neighbor from hell" you'll see A.Z.'s picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
Nice that you got it down for free.

And what's the deal with the "no drive" zone? Protecting the environment, or something like that? We have a conservation easement of the rearmost 100 ft or so of our property, all wooded, where we can't disturb anything. No clearing or cutting, no structures, no parking, etc. I haven't seen it happen since we've been here, but someone from our town apparently checks occasionally for violations. They did actually once have a guy demolish & remove a storage building he had built on his property that was in his easement area.
Basically it's swamp land on most of the lot. The "forbidden area" is to keep the soil from being compacted and not absorbing rain water.

The builder is required to put a retention area for rainwater. If it ends up flooding my property, I will get the township involved.
JRD77VET is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JRD77VET For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic