Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2024, 11:27am   #1
Wathen1955
A Real Barner
Activity: 12.6%

Thanked 5,603 Times in 1,993 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1524159
Default If you like your current gas-powered car, SUV or truck, too bad

If you like your car, good luck keeping it. Biden's EV mandate drives change people don't want.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/car-good-...091209528.html

If this happens, the grid will not be able to handle the electrical demand. What a bunch of buffoons in this administration. Hydrogen fuel cell is what should be next.
Wathen1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:31am   #2
WydGlydJim
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 15.8%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post
If you like your car, good luck keeping it. Biden's EV mandate drives change people don't want.

If this happens, the grid will not be able to handle the electrical demand. What a bunch of buffoons in this administration. Hydrogen fuel cell is what should be next.
Biden is a Chinese compromised imbecile.
WydGlydJim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WydGlydJim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 11:36am   #3
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,684 Times in 3,778 Posts

Biden's agenda is similar to what we did in CA a few years ago, where we required older cars to meet emissions standards they were never designed to meet so they were legislated off the road by being 'gross polluters'. Like telling a 90 year old man who ran the 100 in ten flat when he was 20 years old that he now has to run it in 7 flat or get put down. Or that we all have to swim to the moon. Utter horseshit, a revolution or civil war is eminent.
GTOguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:42am   #4
KenHorse
Barn Stall Owner #123
Activity: 75.5%

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Thanked 1,855 Times in 825 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathen1955 View Post

It has nothing to do with Biden Regime being populated by buffoons and EVERYTHING to do with the march to Marxism.

Basic tenet - restrict the proletariats' movement
KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 11:48am   #5
Swany00
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 20.5%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
Biden's agenda is similar to what we did in CA a few years ago, where we required older cars to meet emissions standards they were never designed to meet so they were legislated off the road by being 'gross polluters'. Like telling a 90 year old man who ran the 100 in ten flat when he was 20 years old that he now has to run it in 7 flat or get put down. Or that we all have to swim to the moon. Utter horseshit, a revolution or civil war is eminent.
yup
Swany00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:49pm   #6
Red Baron
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.4%

I had a diesel mechanic tell me some stories when every truckin' outfit had to comply with the DEF mandate.
Red Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 12:54pm   #7
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
I had a diesel mechanic tell me some stories when every truckin' outfit had to comply with the DEF mandate.
Here in CA, we had to get rid of a perfectly good fleet because of the age of the rigs. Sold for peanuts to out of state buyers. My old outfit has the edict to buy electric big rigs now. The last one they tested cost $550k and had a range of 126 miles hauling 6 cars. So our old 3-hours to Sacramento, hour lunch and load, 3 hours back in a single day would be a three day trip, with two over-night stays, because the distance is 161 miles. A local grower is already running into this issue trying to get produce from Fresno to Carmel/Scotts Valley. He can only haul 70% because of the battery weight, and has to stop mid-way for an overnight charge to make it. (because of the grades the range is much shorter). The LIE that is all things EV is insidious and perpetrated by evil people.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:12pm   #8
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Quote:
Here in CA, we had to get rid of a perfectly good fleet because of the age of the rigs. Sold for peanuts to out of state buyers. My old outfit has the edict to buy electric big rigs now. The last one they tested cost $550k and had a range of 126 miles hauling 6 cars. So our old 3-hours to Sacramento, hour lunch and load, 3 hours back in a single day would be a three day trip, with two over-night stays, because the distance is 161 miles. A local grower is already running into this issue trying to get produce from Fresno to Carmel/Scotts Valley. He can only haul 70% because of the battery weight, and has to stop mid-way for an overnight charge to make it. (because of the grades the range is much shorter). The LIE that is all things EV is insidious and perpetrated by evil people.
Oh you are preachin' to the choir, here! Hang on, let me get another cup a joe... Yeah, older trucks cost too much to redo when ya have a big fleet. You gotta be kiddin' me with the electric truck fantasy. I remember runnin' hard up and down the Grapevine in an old International Conventional(Line Haul 1) pullin' a full load in a '53, and no electric rig can handle that. I had over 75,000 pounds of Seagate drives in the same rig that I took over 17 to Scotts Valley where Seagate HQ was at the time and that was really pullin"! All those runs up 101 to SFO cargo trying to make cutoffs wouldn't have happened in an ET(electric truck). I ran for "Manhattan Transportation", later "Mantrans" out of Fremont on Milmont. That's it, I'm changing my avatar again now...
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Baron For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 1:27pm   #9
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,556 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote:
Next they will turn the farms into solar farms.
Yadkin is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yadkin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 1:28pm   #10
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421

Yeah the grades here out west are brutal, and you've done them. So have I, 18 mph over the grapevine, emergency's on, 101, 17, 58, and on and on. Gut-wrenching, gear-grinding STEEP ass grades that an EV has NO place on....can you imagine losing power on a downgrade in an EV with no compression braking available even? YIKES.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:30pm   #11
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Default Dang...

How many charging hours are needed to pull this sucker out of a little mud when it gets bogged down? Engaging that third axle on the tractor helps pull, but it takes a little gas, too. I got lucky the ground was pretty packed in these pics, but... Then, how about the other deliveries on the truck if you use up all your battery power? By the way, Lowboys are a pain if ya gotta go over speed bumps.
I even thought I could save not having to store gas by buying an electric lawnmower. What a joke THAT thing is! I can't even mow both front and back without waiting 2 hours for a recharge! Maybe I outta get one of them big fancy riding mowers like Rickles has!
Attached Thumbnails
str1.JPG  

Old 04-07-2024, 1:31pm   #12
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadkin View Post
Next they will turn the farms into solar farms.
Hauled a lot of solar panels, too. Yep, you may be right! C'mon...
Old 04-07-2024, 1:38pm   #13
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112

Quote:
Hauled a lot of solar panels, too. Yep, you may be right! C'mon...
One of my son's ex- friends, liberal gal, was thrilled when a new solar farm cropped up just outside our city. I asked her if she thought that small amount of electricity was more helpful to society than a small farm growing vegetables. She wouldn't respond.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yadkin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 1:38pm   #14
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Quote:
Yeah the grades here out west are brutal, and you've done them. So have I, 18 mph over the grapevine, emergency's on, 101, 17, 58, and on and on. Gut-wrenching, gear-grinding STEEP ass grades that an EV has NO place on....can you imagine losing power on a downgrade in an EV with no compression braking available even? YIKES.
Holy Smokes! I remember seeing a few white puffs in my rear view mirror after tappin' the trailer brake handle a bit.
I was neck and neck with a Freightshaker, I mean Freightliner once and he blew up. He overheated, white smoke clouds everywhere!
Then it's 35 MPH down by the bottom, and the law is waiting to pull you over-so strict!
Yeah, 10-4 Eleanor. Out the back door.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:41pm   #15
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112

Quote:
How many charging hours are needed to pull this sucker out of a little mud when it gets bogged down? Engaging that third axle on the tractor helps pull, but it takes a little gas, too. I got lucky the ground was pretty packed in these pics, but... Then, how about the other deliveries on the truck if you use up all your battery power? By the way, Lowboys are a pain if ya gotta go over speed bumps.
I even thought I could save not having to store gas by buying an electric lawnmower. What a joke THAT thing is! I can't even mow both front and back without waiting 2 hours for a recharge! Maybe I outta get one of them big fancy riding mowers like Rickles has!

My walk behind mower in nearing 20 years old, and I just rebuilt it. I might get 8 or 9 years on a power tool battery.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:41pm   #16
KenHorse
Barn Stall Owner #123
Activity: 75.5%

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Thanked 1,855 Times in 825 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $525

Quote:
My walk behind mower in nearing 20 years old. I might get 8 or 9 years on a power tool battery.
I have to admit I changed over to an electric lawn mower last year and I love it
KenHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 1:42pm   #17
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Quote:
One of my son's ex- friends, liberal gal, was thrilled when a new solar farm cropped up just outside our city. I asked her if she thought that small amount of electricity was more helpful to society than a small farm growing vegetables. She wouldn't respond.
Yeah, that's a good question to ask. This country started with farming and farmers! I salute all farmers and respect the back breaking work they do for all! I wouldn't want to be one along the I-5 in California after what Pelosi and pals have done, but I digress.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:45pm   #18
Red Baron
A Real Barner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
I have to admit I changed over to an electric lawn mower last year and I love it
Ya know what, thank you for your honesty. For a smaller area, they are great. I think it was more my mistake for not realizing the size of my yard vs. battery size. No running to the gas station, no smellin' up the shed with fumes, etc. I just got mad when I bogged it a couple times and lost juice, then having to re-charge.
Old 04-07-2024, 1:46pm   #19
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
It has nothing to do with Biden Regime being populated by buffoons and EVERYTHING to do with the march to Marxism.

Basic tenet - restrict the proletariats' movement
Yes. This ^ is the correct response. The left is winning, so they are NOT stupid -- they've got 90+% of the population buffaloed.

Totalitarian regimes always control people's movements. If you're old enough, you'll remember the "Iron Curtain" and the "Berlin Wall," both to keep Soviet subjects IN the Soviet Union.

The push to EVs is because of the push to tyranny. You will have limited mobility because there (purposely) won't be enough electricity produced, or they will simply activate the kill switch on your vehicle, which all vehicles will be required to have in a few years. It's already a done deal, as I recall.

They are regulating IC vehicles out of existence, by making regulations so ridiculous that no manufacturer will be able to comply with them.

It's a global Marxist revolution, disguised, as they always are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Global warming - Rush.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	99764

Name:  Communist Manifesto media trans.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  83.4 KB
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 1:47pm   #20
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421