Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2024, 4:21pm   #21
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,685 Times in 13,643 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATB View Post
In Florida we have “castle doctrine” and if I feel threatened I can shoot to kill and I absolutely will.
Everything is so ass-backwards that a squatter in an abandoned house, could shoot and kill someone at came in, based on castle doctrine. He's a squatter so it's his property for that moment.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 4:22pm   #22
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post

a sawzall, plastic bags and a shopping mall dumpster would do the trick

No plastic bags. I want parts dragged away and eaten by every animal nature has to offer. Nothing should be preserved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 4:33pm   #23
Unsuspicious
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 1,848 Times in 998 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

So if they're squatting, you can still cut off utilities, right? I know they'll probably just shit in buckets, use candles, and buy water with their government money but do you think the homeowner would be charged for not providing and even paying for utilities?
Unsuspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 4:51pm   #24
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Six View Post
I watched the entire video.

If that squatter had decided to take them to court they would have cleaned his ****ing clock.

Landlord, full-time, of 34 years and I’m in a conservative court system area. They still would have had a field day in my neck of the woods. I’m not even mentioning the criminal charges that he racked up in that video. I’m just talking about the civil case that would have castrated him. And his mom too, since she signed the lease with him after the squatter moved in.

PLUS … the squatter can still go after him now… AFTER he has conveniently posted all of this evidence to be used against himself.

Idiot.
Would you elaborate on what laws he has broken and how he would lose in court? I've just watched a few of his videos dealing with squatters and he claims to know what is legal. The police appear in some of his videos and tell the squatters that it's a civil matter and there's nothing the police can do.
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 4:57pm   #25
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.2%

Thanked 13,010 Times in 7,320 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenium Vette View Post
Would you elaborate on what laws he has broken and how he would lose in court? I've just watched a few of his videos dealing with squatters and he claims to know what is legal. The police appear in some of his videos and tell the squatters that it's a civil matter and there's nothing the police can do.
In Florida if someone is occupying property to the exten that they were, they have possession of the property and they have to be evicted. It’s legally their property and by walking in there like he did he was basically burglarizing their property if they hadn’t given him permission to enter. Setting up cameras inside, I’d say that was a civil matter rather than criminal depending on what he did with the data coming in from the cameras, but he can’t do that any more than he could gain entry into anyone else’s house and go around setting up cameras. Imagine if I had done any of that to your house … I’d be up the shits creek and you know that as well as I do be cause as far as the law is concerned it’s your ****ing house. That’s where he would be if the occupants had decided to lawyer up.

Illegal evictions in FL and I dare say all of the other states will get you into a world of trouble.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 4:57pm   #26
Unsuspicious
A Real Barner
Activity: 8.3%

Thanked 1,848 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
I've not watched the video but I'm going to bet the illegality is along the lines of landlords performing "self-help evictions"
Unsuspicious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unsuspicious For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 5:01pm   #27
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsuspicious View Post
I've not watched the video but I'm going to bet the illegality is along the lines of landlords performing "self-help evictions"
And you’d be right about that
The Following User Says Thank You to Sea Six For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 5:22pm   #28
Torqaholic
A Real Barner
Activity: 19.4%

Thanked 4,387 Times in 2,404 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $15637580

Free slaves that volunteer themselves. What's not to like?
Torqaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 7:50pm   #29
higgyburners
A Real Barner
Activity: 21.6%

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,315 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1027436

Name:  29daee6f-29fe-4bcb-aa62-781552f8b8c3_text.gif
Views: 71
Size:  182.2 KB
higgyburners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 9:28pm   #30
BRUIZER
A Real Barner
Activity: 4.7%

Thanked 1,425 Times in 623 Posts

Quote:
In Florida if someone is occupying property to the exten that they were, they have possession of the property and they have to be evicted. It’s legally their property and by walking in there like he did he was basically burglarizing their property if they hadn’t given him permission to enter. Setting up cameras inside, I’d say that was a civil matter rather than criminal depending on what he did with the data coming in from the cameras, but he can’t do that any more than he could gain entry into anyone else’s house and go around setting up cameras. Imagine if I had done any of that to your house … I’d be up the shits creek and you know that as well as I do be cause as far as the law is concerned it’s your ****ing house. That’s where he would be if the occupants had decided to lawyer up.

Illegal evictions in FL and I dare say all of the other states will get you into a world of trouble.
We've physically had a non-paying tenant removed from a siblings home with the help of family. We did go the legal route getting a court ordered eviction prior, which took two-weeks and one day to have a hearing...then 24hr wait once the judge signed the order.

Called but the sheriff was 30min out. No reason to identify ourselves as the owner, simply stating we were representing the owner and to gtfo NOW.
It worked.
Once the Sheriff arrived a bit later the pos was long gone.

I have a good portion of the event recorded on my phone from a couple years back. I'd post the recording if someone knows where to host the recording (somewhat) anonymously?

When cleaning up the filth, we found a meth stem inside underneath some paperwork. I wish one of us would of found the stem when he was still on the property.. I hate f'ing tweakers with a passion.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230405_095343.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	782.2 KB
ID:	98798
BRUIZER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 9:38pm   #31
Sea Six
Barn Stall Owner #16A
Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13

All of you guys saying illegal evictions work just fine and dandy unless you get hauled into court are absolutely correct.

It’s the ones that do that are ****ed. The rest of you were just lucky. It doesn’t mean illegal evictions are entirely safe and without consequences. I happen to like the stuff I’ve worked so hard for too much to risk it.
Old 03-21-2024, 9:40pm   #32
Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 8.6%

Thanked 2,683 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:

What is the process in California where the guy has done these evictions? It's also a civil matter according to the police who have been there a few times when he's done stuff like this.

Thoughts?
Millenium Vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 10:17pm   #33
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

In my opinion, evictions should be exactly like a job termination. You quitting? You should give notice. You're fired, get a box. Key code wiped, passwords killed, phone extension cut off...you're out.

Terminated employees are typically asked to leave immediately so they don't have any ability to do damage to the company, coworkers, or property. They should be kicked out of the hose so they also can't spray paint the walls and cut wiring or steal plumbing, etc.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:46pm   #34
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 2.9%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,136 Times in 5,358 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
No need for shooting. No one knows they exist once they are set free into the wild by border patrol. That is by design. Therefore, when neighbors get together and "disappear" them, no one even looks for them. They are a non-person.

What was his name? Juan Gonzales? Yeah, there's only a million of those.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9108.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	98800
NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2024, 11:05pm   #35
ZipZap
Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 12.2%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,204 Times in 4,373 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

That home in NYC is now empty. Supposedly, the squatters had a couple visitors
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 7:17am   #36
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
What is the process in California where the guy has done these evictions? It's also a civil matter according to the police who have been there a few times when he's done stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv-xysAWa0U

Thoughts?
I didn't watch the whole video, but I probably will later. The reality (in NJ anyway) is that tenancy IS a civil matter, and has it's own court, with that court's orders enforced by the County Sherriff.

What this means for example, is that if I go away on vacation, and come back to find someone has broken into my home, repaired the damage they caused getting in, changed the locks on the doors, and moved in, it will not be a good situation for me. If I try to physically force them to leave, I can be charged with assault, battery, etc. If I call the local PD, the new squatters just have to say they made a verbal agreement of tenancy with "the owner", show the cops they have keys to the house and I do not, and there is not a damn thing the local PD can do about it. I can call the Sherriff's office, but they won't do anything without an order from the tenancy court.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 8:01am   #37
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.1%

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
If they are undocumented,. they will also be unmissed by anyone.

Just sayin'
Well, now DC says they can run for local politics - so, don't count on it.
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 8:05am   #38
Frankie the Fink
A Real Barner
Activity: 56.1%

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I didn't watch the whole video, but I probably will later. The reality (in NJ anyway) is that tenancy IS a civil matter, and has it's own court, with that court's orders enforced by the County Sherriff.

What this means for example, is that if I go away on vacation, and come back to find someone has broken into my home, repaired the damage they caused getting in, changed the locks on the doors, and moved in, it will not be a good situation for me. If I try to physically force them to leave, I can be charged with assault, battery, etc. If I call the local PD, the new squatters just have to say they made a verbal agreement of tenancy with "the owner", show the cops they have keys to the house and I do not, and there is not a damn thing the local PD can do about it. I can call the Sherriff's office, but they won't do anything without an order from the tenancy court.
Florida has a bill working through the process to address this, squatters are subject to immediate removal by the Sheriff and squatting will be a criminal, not just civil. matter.

https://weartv.com/news/local/florid...roperty-owners
Frankie the Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankie the Fink For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 9:56am   #39
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.7%

Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,119 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Florida has a bill working through the process to address this, squatters are subject to immediate removal by the Sheriff and squatting will be a criminal, not just civil. matter.

https://weartv.com/news/local/florid...roperty-owners
I support those concepts 100%!

That will never happen in this blue state though.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:16am   #40
ptindall
A Real Barner
Activity: 14.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $56446

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadInNc View Post
A viral TikTok video shows an illegal immigrant influencer encouraging other illegal immigrants to “invade” houses in the United States and take advantage of squatting laws that make it difficult for squatters to be removed from homes in liberal states and cities.
Good. I hope lots and lots of them do it. Let's take the maximum consequences for bad voting and policy as quickly and as hard as possible. Its the only way bad voting and policy will change.
ptindall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ptindall For This Useful Post:

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic