Choose your color scheme:
The Vette Barn  

Go Back   The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic
Register Photo Albums Today's Posts Search Experience

Off Topic Off Topic - General non-Corvette related discussion.

User Tag List

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2024, 10:19am   #21
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,684 Times in 13,642 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Aerovette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:20am   #22
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
You mean African American Angus
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2024, 12:21pm   #23
Budman
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 4.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $595

Someone at the other place would be having a cow over this thread!

You’d probably be put out to pasture for a few months.
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 12:36pm   #24
DJ_Critterus
Explosive Salami
Stall Owner #1120.2520

Location: Not Ceasing & Desisting on the leeward side of Anger Island
Thanked 27,978 Times in 11,827 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9018209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post

Well, somebody should post this over there and let the chips fall where they may....
DJ_Critterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 12:44pm   #25
vettemed
A Real Barner
Activity: 41.0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post

Yeah, well, the grass ain't always greener on the other side of the fence, is it?
vettemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 2:10pm   #26
dvarapala
Barn Stall Owner #1120
NCM Supporter '20,'21
Activity: 53.6%

Thanked 18,579 Times in 8,211 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1030760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
4. **Culling or Selling**: As a last resort, you might consider culling or selling the problematic cows. This decision should be made carefully, considering all ethical and practical implications.
"Selling" seems too much like "slavery" - the other cows would cancel you if you did that.
dvarapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 3:10pm   #27
GTOguy
Barn Stall Owner #421
Activity: 99.2%

Thanked 7,654 Times in 3,762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
I used to hate Steely Dan in high school. Too pat, too smug, too overplayed. As a teenager I had no time for it. I listened to this very album yesterday for the first time in over 45 years while on my walk and enjoyed it immensely. As an adult, I can now apparently appreciate it. Whoda thunk?
GTOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GTOguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 3:20pm   #28
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
I used to hate Steely Dan in high school. Too pat, too smug, too overplayed. As a teenager I had no time for it. I listened to this very album yesterday for the first time in over 45 years while on my walk and enjoyed it immensely. As an adult, I can now apparently appreciate it. Whoda thunk?
When I was in my band, we toyed with the idea of a Steely Dan tribute band. We did their stuff pretty well, but thing I recall most from it was labeling certain notes and chords "Steely Dan notes". In a loose jam, inevitably they would show up.

My first exposure was Do It Again and I knew little else for a long time. Then I discovered Hey 19, FM, and Rikki Don't Lose That Number. It all grew from there.
Old 03-11-2024, 5:14pm   #29
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 17,026 Times in 6,946 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
Personally, I think ChatGTP is being programmed by pink-haired leftists who don't know which restroom to use. I **** with it every chance I get.
Try "I am proud to be brown" (or black)
The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 5:18pm   #30
The_Dude
Barn Stall Owner #113
Bantayan Kids '14
Activity: 29.9%

Thanked 17,026 Times in 6,946 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $306898

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Try "I am proud to be brown" (or black)
Just tried it. It wasn't good. ChatGPT doesn't like white people.
The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 5:19pm   #31
Aerovette
Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15

Ask it to write a 300 word essay on the positive attributes of Donald Trump.

I had to ask that about 5 times before it would do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2024, 9:11pm   #32
Yadkin
Barn Stall Owner #112
Activity: 99.7%

Thanked 4,544 Times in 2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOguy View Post
It's about time you figured it out. I have them on vinyl, and haven't bought a recording since the early 80's.
Yadkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:12pm   #33
Vandelay Industries
Barn Stall Owner #14/32
Activity: 13.7%

Thanked 13,027 Times in 4,944 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerovette View Post
Ask it to write a 300 word essay on the positive attributes of Donald Trump.

I had to ask that about 5 times before it would do anything.
Just tried it...

Quote:
Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, has undoubtedly left a significant impact on American politics and society. While opinions about him vary widely, there are several positive attributes that can be acknowledged.

Firstly, Donald Trump's unwavering determination and resilience are notable traits. Throughout his career, he has faced numerous setbacks and challenges but has always demonstrated a remarkable ability to bounce back and persevere. This resilience is evident in his business ventures, where he built a successful empire despite facing bankruptcy and other obstacles.

Secondly, Trump's willingness to challenge the status quo and disrupt traditional political norms has garnered him a dedicated following. He entered politics as an outsider, promising to shake up Washington and give a voice to the overlooked segments of society. His ability to connect with voters who felt disenfranchised by the political establishment was a key factor in his unexpected rise to the presidency.

Moreover, Trump's economic policies were credited with spurring economic growth and reducing unemployment rates during his tenure. His administration implemented tax cuts and deregulation measures aimed at stimulating business investment and job creation. While opinions may differ on the long-term effectiveness of these policies, there is no denying that they had a positive impact on the economy in the short term.

Additionally, Trump's foreign policy initiatives, such as brokering peace deals in the Middle East and taking a tough stance on China's trade practices, were praised by some as bold and effective. His willingness to engage directly with foreign leaders and prioritize American interests resonated with many supporters who felt that previous administrations had been too passive on the global stage.

In conclusion, while Donald Trump's presidency was marked by controversy and polarization, it is important to recognize his positive attributes. His determination, willingness to challenge the status quo, economic policies, and foreign policy initiatives have all left a lasting impact on American politics and society. Regardless of one's personal opinions about him, Trump's presidency will undoubtedly be remembered as a significant chapter in American history.
Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 5:00am   #34
Vette40th
A Real Barner
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 1,564 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3694

It is crucial to approach issues related to crime and demographics with sensitivity and a commitment to fairness, justice, and equality. Making assumptions about an entire racial or ethnic group based on the actions of a few individuals is both unfair and perpetuates harmful stereotypes.

Instead of focusing on a specific racial or ethnic group, it is more constructive to address crime in a broader context by considering socio-economic factors, education, community resources, and systemic issues that may contribute to criminal behavior. Here are some recommendations:

Community Engagement:

Foster positive relationships between law enforcement and all communities, emphasizing open communication and trust-building.
Encourage community members, including those who may feel marginalized, to collaborate in crime prevention efforts.
Address Socio-Economic Factors:

Implement programs that address poverty, unemployment, and lack of access to quality education, as these factors are often correlated with higher crime rates.
Invest in Education:

Focus on education initiatives that provide equal opportunities for all residents, regardless of their background.
Education can be a powerful tool for breaking the cycle of crime and poverty.
Community Policing:

Adopt community policing strategies that involve law enforcement working closely with the community to identify and address specific concerns.
Support Mental Health Services:

Allocate resources to mental health services to address underlying issues that may contribute to criminal behavior.
Promote Equal Opportunities:

Work towards creating an inclusive and equitable society where everyone has equal access to opportunities, resources, and justice.
Cultural Competency Training:

Provide cultural competency training for law enforcement and other community service providers to ensure fair and unbiased treatment for all residents.
Implement Rehabilitation Programs:

Focus on rehabilitation and support for individuals involved in criminal activities, irrespective of their background.
It's important to emphasize that crime is a complex issue influenced by various factors. Targeting specific racial or ethnic groups is not a just or effective approach. Instead, a comprehensive and community-focused strategy is more likely to yield positive and lasting results. Additionally, consider consulting with experts in criminology, sociology, and community development to tailor strategies that address the unique challenges of your community.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot of ChatGPT.jpg  

Vette40th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 6:28am   #35
Tikiman
Barn Stall Owner #117
Activity: 78.4%

Thanked 10,776 Times in 3,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette40th View Post
It is crucial to approach issues related to crime and demographics with sensitivity and a commitment to fairness, justice, and equality. Making assumptions about an entire racial or ethnic group based on the actions of a few individuals is both unfair and perpetuates harmful stereotypes.

Instead of focusing on a specific racial or ethnic group, it is more constructive to address crime in a broader context by considering socio-economic factors, education, community resources, and systemic issues that may contribute to criminal behavior. Here are some recommendations:

Community Engagement:

Foster positive relationships between law enforcement and all communities, emphasizing open communication and trust-building.
Encourage community members, including those who may feel marginalized, to collaborate in crime prevention efforts.
Address Socio-Economic Factors:

Implement programs that address poverty, unemployment, and lack of access to quality education, as these factors are often correlated with higher crime rates.
Invest in Education:

Focus on education initiatives that provide equal opportunities for all residents, regardless of their background.
Education can be a powerful tool for breaking the cycle of crime and poverty.
Community Policing:

Adopt community policing strategies that involve law enforcement working closely with the community to identify and address specific concerns.
Support Mental Health Services:

Allocate resources to mental health services to address underlying issues that may contribute to criminal behavior.
Promote Equal Opportunities:

Work towards creating an inclusive and equitable society where everyone has equal access to opportunities, resources, and justice.
Cultural Competency Training:

Provide cultural competency training for law enforcement and other community service providers to ensure fair and unbiased treatment for all residents.
Implement Rehabilitation Programs:

Focus on rehabilitation and support for individuals involved in criminal activities, irrespective of their background.
It's important to emphasize that crime is a complex issue influenced by various factors. Targeting specific racial or ethnic groups is not a just or effective approach. Instead, a comprehensive and community-focused strategy is more likely to yield positive and lasting results. Additionally, consider consulting with experts in criminology, sociology, and community development to tailor strategies that address the unique challenges of your community.

All that sounds good, but means nothing. Just word salad.

What if the 13% have absolutely zero interest in education or working for a living? And how does one provide "equal opportunities" in the workplace for people who read at a 4th grade level? While it sounds noble and all, it is extremely difficult to put into practice. It would be like trying to teach my dog how to parallel park.
Tikiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 7:21am   #36
Vette40th
A Real Barner
Activity: 17.6%

Thanked 1,564 Times in 816 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3694

As we have seen with google, Chat is human programmed. Not a true crit8cal thinker a.
Vette40th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 9:47am   #37
jw38
A Real Barner
Activity: 13.3%

Thanked 1,865 Times in 724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
So you conflated livestock with humans and fooled a piece of software into saying something that applies to livestock... This is my shocked face.
Well, the human 13% do act like livestock.
jw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Vette Barn > Off Topic/Babes/Other > Off Topic